In early May Momma Robin returned to the old nesting place in the basket that the handle broke of and I had put under the garage eves at least 5 years ago!
It is visible that it is well liked from the build up of added nesting materials that has turned it into high rise nesting!
She builds the nest herself adding all the comforts of home, and sits waiting for the little family to hatch !!
I read that she sleeps in the nest at night while the male, gathers with other Robins at a roosting spot!!
Here she sits !! 5/15
While Dad enjoys the easy life ; ) !! 5/20
Here he is on 6/1!! Dad's break is over, and he is very busy
helping to keep those hungry mouths full!
The 3 little monster have just about outgrown the nest
with standing room only , and junior is still hungry!!
While the other two siblings seem content , junior is trying to look very weak ; ) !
It is my turn next , Sis!!
"Hey Bro" did you hear that , I'm next!!
Looks like he got his way , and the others aren't to happy about that!!
On 6/3 they all took the leap of faith from the high rise, and made it safely to the ground!!
Hope they make it, a lot of predators around !!
what a GREAT nesting site you provided! lots of room but protected, too!
ReplyDeleteGrace, what a pretty nesting spot! I love your photos of the juvie robins, very cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect nesting place.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos ! I hope they make it to out there in the big world of nature ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteAw. Adorable little family. Glad dad finally turned up to assist. Hope they're all doing well in the big, wild world!
ReplyDeleteGood use of a broken basket. Nice job. You have me thinking now.
ReplyDeleteat to see them and better that they fledged. Good luck to them.
ReplyDeleteOh they are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet that you placed that basket there just for them. Looks like they built the next on top of last years nest. Reminds me of the pea and the princess with all those mattresses stacked on top of one another.
ReplyDeleteI love watching birds take care of their young.
Thanks Teresa...: )
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen...: )
Thanks Ruth...: )
Thank you Elaine...Odds aren't always good,but I hope they do !!
Thanks Jean...ya he needs to help bring home the bacon hee-hee!!
Thanks John...Have some old baskets do ya? haha : )
Thanks Adrian...: )
Thanks Kerri ..Nothing like baby birds to soften your heart!! : )
Thanks Tammy... Yes like I said in my words that this is there high rise nest now after four years of building on top of each years!! : )
What a great set of images GG.
ReplyDeleteGrace, it was so much fun watching these robin fledglings grow through your photos. Hope they do OK on their own. We had a next of young robins hidden in our hedges and it appears that some sort of predators may have gotten to them before they could fly on their own. One day I saw babies and a week later nothing and that far too soon for them to have matured.
ReplyDeleteVery nice series. In Michigan they were seen as a sign of spring.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post Grace... so lovely to see.
ReplyDeleteWonderful captures! The Robins nest somewhere around our yard in the trees, but I've never managed to find the nest. Maybe I'll have some luck this year.....
ReplyDeleteWonderful set of pictures - the basket makes a great frame for all the pictures - and the WBW is good as well.
ReplyDeleteI've seen a few birds attack their own reflection as well.
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Great post Grace. They certainly putting that broken basket to good use.
ReplyDeleteLet's hope they all make it.
awesome, just awesome!! they so often look for and return to the same spot and this is a GREAT one!!
ReplyDeleteamazing images grace, robins seem to be very popular right now but it seems i may have gotten my i.d. wrong!!
You know grammie, I never was a real fan of watching birds. I have enjoyed many but, after reading your posts and seeing your pictures, I have become a real fan and look more often than I have, ever. Thanks, John in Alaska
ReplyDeleteSo sweet and Spring is always special with baby Robins~
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! What a great nesting spot :)
ReplyDeleteYour robins found a good safe spot there Grace. But what's this about Dad taking it easy? Never happens here.
ReplyDeleteWonderful....I love your basket nesting site! Great idea. Love the photos of the whole family.
ReplyDelete