The devastation from hurricane Sandy has really taken the wind out of me, sometimes I feel like I can't breathe, it is so beyond my concept of things!! I haven't been glued to the TV ,but it is a constant , so I just need to let it go, and realize it is beyond my control ...Mother nature is a force not to be reckoned with, that no one can control!!
After saying all that I needed to do a post with a calmness to it!!
I found these from back in mid- Sept. on a short walk to the bridge at the river !!
Calm waters!!
Blue Heron enjoying the late day sun!!
The few of the herd of Goats where at the river edge along with there
guardian dogs the Great Pyrenees !!
A couple of Kingfishers hanging out on a branch over the river!!
Smooth reflection!!
A Blue Heron flew low from behind me , and I thought I wouldn't be able to get positioned right
for some shot's, but got him, he was in no hurry!!
An easy flight ...no winds!!
Peaceful skies!!
Here are the dogs up close!!
Aren't they cute..just barely a year old!!
.When I started back toward home they came running to the fence
near the road to say hello!!
All was well on this day!!
and sometimes we need to hold on to these calmer days. i like those great pyrs!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Glad to hear that you're safe and well. Nature despite its beauty can be very devastating and cruel at times. I hope all those people that have been affected by hurricane Sandy soon make a full recovery.
ReplyDeleteAnd you've posted a nice set of calming and tranquil images...[;o)
Calming photos indeed, and the dogs are very cute. I've been looking at all the photos of the devastation, can't imagine what everyone is having to deal with right now. Glad you're okay.
ReplyDeleteThese are indeed calming images. Those amazing reflections are beautiful.I also love the Heron shots.WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, I am glad to hear you are Ok. The photos of the damage from Sandy are devasting. I love your peaceful scenes and all the birds. Cool shots of the Kingfishers, they always fly away from. The dogs are just adorable! Great photos. Wishing you a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you and know all is well.
ReplyDeleteMy Honey and I are not going to be making comments for awhile, either. We'll be at sea for ten weeks. We will get in when we can while in US ports, but when operating via satellite, most pages time out before they will load.
Sometimes you have to block it all out for a time, to give you time to comprehend it all!! So glad you're safe and sound, and hope those you hold close to your heart are also safe. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThe result of Sandy is a sad mess! I was in NYC for 9/11 and one 3 day black out...I can imagine what they are going through! Hurricane Hugo paid us a visit in 1989, we had no electric, water, or gas or food stores open for 11 days! We used out gas grill and cooked outside on the porch, we went to bed at dark and got up with the sun...we hauled water from town where they had water....it was NOT a good time!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are very serene and tranquil, and we must take a clue from nature on how to survive during hard times.
Very peaceful pictures.
ReplyDeleteSandy could have been a whole lot worse but not for those killed. Tropical storms are magnificent in their power...The devastation is the price we have to pay for them.
Look on the bright side Grace....there are at least two...Stories will emerge of bravery and compassion, the second you don't need to run the New York Marathon!
Nice series of pictures- peaceful as stated above.
ReplyDeleteWehey those heron shots are not half bad...The hairy man himself (Keith)would give you a gold star for effort. Like the kingfisher myself it looks quite comical a bit like woody wood pecker but then Iv'e always been a bit rubbish at identifying the little birdies. Hope you are in fine fettle lass:-)
ReplyDeleteNature in all its fury tells us all who is the real boss.
ReplyDeleteIs that a Belted Kingfisher? Very nice.
And I like the flying Heron; great captures Grace.
and I nearly forgot. Love the dogs :-)
ReplyDeleteSo pleased to hear alls well Grace... These images are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHugs Drew xx
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are well. I understand it can be disturbing to watch and hear about a storm that big, but there is not much we can do about it.
You found a great way to calm down by creating this post, very calming indeed. Very nice pictures...
Take care and nice to hear from you.
Louise
Good to hear you're okay, and your photos are lovely and a good form of therapy. Love that cute closeup of the dogs!
ReplyDeleteThat's really great, "all was well on this day", I hope that it will last a long time. The dogs are coming for their normal pat on the head. And the Heron, flying past, is fantastic. Here is one thing you might have missed, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BEJCirWY5NPnt3kNZxwc-O
ReplyDeleteSo you survived that bit of a breezy day? And here was me fretting if you were safe and wondering if I should call round one evening to check you were OK. Nice shots of the Belted Hummer by the way Gracie. We had frost last night, boy were my feet cold - knit me a pair of woolly socks please Grace and send them on for Christmas. Thanks, your old mucker Phil.
ReplyDeletegorgeous reflections grace, very soothing images.
ReplyDeletei enjoyed them today, they made me smile!!
thanks so much for your kind email, we are all doing very well!!