I love hearing the honking of a flock of geese flying over , and on this day near the end of October there was a lot of honking !! I ran out onto the back deck and the sky was full of flapping wings of Canadian Geese!
"Darn"..back for the camera...they move fast, so I just kept clicking towards the sky , after all there was enough of them , how could I miss!!
They where all heading in a due North direction...hummm!!
Don't you go South in fall??
They just kept coming!!
Right over the top of the house !!
Trying to get into formation....a disorganized bunch these where!!
An hour passes , and then the honking is heard from over head again..heading back due South !!
Hope we have it right this time...!!
The sky was black with them again !!
A beautiful sight !
Counted around 400, using my photo's taken in different spots , but I know
it was at least a double !!
They do at times seem a little confused,but I'm guessing that their GPS is working pretty good.I saw a fairly large flock of Canada Geese in my area today as well.
ReplyDeleteoh, that's awesome! be safe, travelers!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Wow! how lucky were you to have one of nature's great spectacles pass right over your house? And you got a repeat performance, what a treat!!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteGrace, why the return of that bloody annoying word verification?
Ha! I guess they were confused. It is cool seeing the large flock flying over and all the honking going on! Wonderful shots, Grace! have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a magnificent sight! I love seeing and hearing them like that. Maybe they went to collect some of their pals first :-) Well done for capturing them Grace.
ReplyDeleteYou were too quick for me with the last post but I've really enjoyed all the lovely serene photos, perfect after all the devestation over there. I loved the photo of the Heron with the reflection in the water.
Did you mean to switch the word verification on again? :-(
oooooh, so beautiful!! i love hearing those HONKS too...so much nicer than the honking of car horns!!!!
ReplyDeletewhat a sight to see...and get pic's of!! i have a hard time getting flying bird pictures! GREAT shots!!
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteThe same thing is going on here in my part of the country. I live in south western Québec near Ottawa in Ontario. The Geese are not going; they are still here and maybe it's because of the warm climate we had so far. Although today, maximum will be around 1C' not far from freezing point. They still have plenty of food in the fields, soya beans for exemple are still on the ground. I think they are not ready to move yet. Usually we don't see them anymore at this time of the year.
Anyways, I took some pictures too yesterday and you took some nice ones in flight, I know it's not that easy when they are flying...
Have a great week!
Louise :)
We saw them passing over our house too, Grace. What a spectacle. If they don't signal the approach of winter, then nothing does.
ReplyDeleteHA! hope they do know where they are going, is it possible that even geese make mistakes? Ive never thought of such a thing...I wonder if they would Stop and Ask for directions?
ReplyDeleteLove the photos!!
haha...so happy they didn't "poop" on you!!
ReplyDeletei would LOVE to be heading south right now, is it possible, they were confused??
and whats with this word verification thingy, don't you trust us??
Looks like a bit of confusion over who was leading.....
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful flying machines, great photos.
ReplyDeleteIf I didn't know better I would say those geeese are flying north to escape the politicians? I'm sure they wouldn't be trying to escape you Grace. I agree with Debbie - what's with the word verfication thing? I have to put my double strength specs on the make out the letters and then get it wrong, so leave off trying to stop me leaving comments - you know I always say something nice and wouldn't dream of winding you up. Your young pal Phil (Made in England).
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa : )
Thank you Trevor, yes very true : )
Thanks Eileen : )
Thanks Jan..yes maybe it was a round up : )
Thanks Laura : )
Thanks Louise..it has been a odd year of weather! : )
Thanks Jean..Yup for sure : )
Thanks Sondra..only if there all male ; )
Thanks Debbie..no poop! ; )
Thanks Elaine..: )
Thanks Bob : )
Thanks Phil ...Lol ; )
I love to see flocks of geese flying GG, a lovely sight anytime.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy..I do appreciate your coming by !! : )
ReplyDeleteLove seeing them fly like this. YOu got some great shots.
ReplyDelete