Wednesday, November 7, 2012

~~~The Outcome~~~

You will have to pardon me this morning , because I didn't get my way : (  in the election, even in the Maine vote ballet ..  hmmmm wonder what happened with that!!! :  )   What can you do, we all have our own opinion, and vote our own!!  The outcome is what it is ..this is the end of my political opinion ...we will survive ??

 These are photos I had gone through from late October, thinking I probably wouldn't be using them, but thought they to be kind of fitting for today!!

 Proud to be an American ...Robin.. with head held high!!!!
In late October I was surprised to see a huge flock of Robins descended onto
 the old apple tree on the edge of my property !

What's that you say??
We are American's 
We will survive!!!

 We will dive right in there and get to work!!
These are the rose hips from the wild Rosa Multiflora!    It is a highly invasive shrub ( will climb if it has the opportunity or spread in the ground) first introduced to this 
country from Japan in the mid-1800 as a root stock for ornamental roses!! 
  It eventually escaped to the wild!!

Hated in many places,where it has taken over pasture land ,and etc.,but deemed  highly beneficial 
by the Audubon Society for wildlife food, and cover !!
a good read about the subject at...
http://magblog.audubon.org/praise-multiflora-rose

Sure hope we last until we get to the top again!!


Four years to go huh...sure hope this food source doesn't get cut??

My name is American Robin, and I approve this message!!! : )

Hope none  are offended !! 

23 comments:

  1. Wow, gsnz fantastische Fotografie...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. differing opinions are okay and to be expected. venomous divisiveness is not. we need to work together as people, not parties.

    your message was delivered with respect and that is what's most important. and i appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win some lose some....I'm just glad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace, That's it for another four years then? I guess it'll now be the same as it is over here lots of waffle and backtracking excuses and not much change for the better.

    Stunning photographs of a beautiful bird Grace.

    I'm afraid introduced and invasive species are just an annoying fact of life that we just have to put up with...come to think of it they're much like politicians...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee hee, politicians. The American Robin knows the answer, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO glad Election Day has come and gone. Now we'll barrel full-blast into the holidays, and there's also that pesky business about the world ending December 21....

    Love the photos of your robin visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and of my fave bird to ! Well that's life , it is what it is ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad it is over. Now lets get rid of all those political signs littering the country. They're a blight upon the landscape. Whew, sorry but they really peeve me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You Hans-Peter : )


    Thank you Teresa..: )


    Thanks Adrian...lol : )

    Thanks Trevor..you got it right : )


    Thanks Bob..lovely birds : )


    Thanks Jean...you crack me
    up : )...good point!!


    Thanks Elaine : )


    Thanks John ...you have got that right...my peeve to!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Robins! I am glad to see that 20% of the Senate is now WOMEN!!! NOW maybe we can get some work done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear your guy lost. I love your analogy. Did you know the state bird of Wisconsin is the Robin? And he's a "Red" Robin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. didn't go my way either, i didn't expect it would ;)))

    beautiful images!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos, a very pretty bird. Even though I don't agree with your opinions, I respect them and that's the most important thing about being an American - the freedom to differ and express our opinions, without the threat of violence. So much of the world doesn't have that. I feel sorry for anybody who's offended by what you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, I love your cute Robins with the berries. Sorry, your man lost. I would think we should all be able to express our opinions. I respect them. I would just like to see some kind of compromise and the two parties working together to get things done. I am sure there is a way! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some outcome that was GG. It will be four years of standing still now or going backwards for US of A.
    None of my business of course.
    Lovely images of the American Robin.
    (PS. Hope this comment gets through OK.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace, We have had wall to wall coverage of the election for ages here and though I am interested in current affairs it did get a bit boring just as it does with our own elections so I'm glad it's over for another four years :-)

    Lovely to see your Robin, so bright and cheerful on what has turned into a miserable dull day here. He certainly had lots of berries to keep him busy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grace, good to see the election didn't stunt your sense of comedy, but why is it that all over the world we now see all politicians as clowns? I blame the internet and blogging - hey we can have an opinion all of our own here,it's great. Enough nonsense, I love your red red Robin shots - handsome fellow - are you sure he's not British? Dont let those politicians rip out his food source, he's much better looking and certainly much cleverer than any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Being a biologist, you probably know what I think about politics and politicians... So I'll not get into that... I'm so happy i can say I've seen this species with my own eyes ;-) But you still got better pictures than I did...
    Thanks on the link with the Albinos waxwing, that's pretty amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have wild roses here too but not climbing. They are the dickens to get rid of in the garden. Their roots go on forever. But, it is true, they provide for many a bird in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sondra thank you girl..one up for the ladies ; )


    Thanks Muffy ...I wonder if some would get it!! : )


    Debbie thanks ...ya I figured so to!! : )



    Thanks Al..appreciate that : )


    Thanks Eileen...it is what it
    is : )


    Thanks Roy .. oh yes I am afraid your right.. I'll just count, and take shot's of birds..to bad I am not a drinker, a few shots would have numbed the outcome for a bit!!


    Thanks Jan...they are so dark red chested right now, and heading out of town!! : )


    Thanks Phil...your are just to
    much : )


    Thanks Chris...Your photo are fabulous ..I don't think so!!!!
    Glad the link worked, it is pretty amazing..!! : )


    Thanks Elaine...They are a dickens when you get caught in them : )






    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful american red robin shots!!
    sorry your guy didn't get it...but either way, now is the time for compromise...on both sides...instead of acting like a bunch of hard headed school yard bullies. we are all humans...we all need to have respect for each other...and ALL people should be treated equally.
    i'm so glad we don't have to put up with all the commercials and junk mail. what a WASTE of MONEY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. No offence taken whatsoever. Just hope it all goes okay and that we can stop being this and that and just be one and do the best we can for the country, if that makes any sense. I love your photos of the Robin Grace. And invasive they may be but all those red berries make for very pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grace, your post was not offensive at all unlike some other posts I have read on this topics. Everyone does have his/her own opinion for sure and we should treasure that right as Americans and never take it for granted.

    Ps, this word verification is very difficult to do and wondering why you decided to add it for posting comments, Grace.

    ReplyDelete