Sorting,and deleting,picking a choosing....I've been trying to go through, and decided what I really want to keep of the photos I have taken over the last couple of months ! Ya gotta start somewhere so I'm starting at the end,and backing up !!
You all know what I mean ....finger on the trigger, and rapid fire,and
"WHAT" I took that many pictures of that blade of grass!! : }}
Well these are of a couple of cuties I won't be seeing again until next spring!
Followers might remember Chippy from some summer post !! This was on the 20th of Sept.
and he sure was packing those cheeks full of seeds ....I miss seeing him! It was a few days after this I caught him in the garage with a huge mouth full, and he scampered of quickly...he had chewed through a new bag of
Sunflower seeds!! I haven't seen him since : (
I think he has hunkered down in his underground home and nailed the door shut for
his long winters hibernation !
Another one of my buddies that was always doing his tight walk act on the wire I stung to hang the
bird feeder on ...miss him to!
This is a Million Bells plant somewhat like tiny petunias bloom in masses all over the plant,one of my favorites
but have a problem with aphids in late summer !! So I dunked the whole plant into the rain barrel to wash
some of them of , and up from in among the leaves appeared the Gray Tree Frog , Mr camouflage himself!!
He is very tiny,could fit on my thumb nail, and in comparison , if you click on the photo to enlarge,
there is an Aphid on a leaf to your left , which are barely visible when you look at the plant ...I laughed when I saw him!! : }
The bird bath will soon be, and ice skating rink, so I keep enjoying these scenes until then!!
When I first seen these I thought what is on my lens..I know he was splashing away, but didn't think about the sun position when I took them ! Looks like snow !
Really getting into the joy of a go bath : }}!!
I took this on the side of my neighbors garden shed, so glad it was on his ..
I am allergic to bee, and hornet stings... eeeks!!
They are done for the year with his hive! I can't get over how such a tiny creature
could built with such amazing detail in just one summer!
A real work of art I think,
even though the maker can deliver such as bite to send me to the emergency room!!
This is a great collection of pictures. I like the water action from the bird bath.That hornet hive is pretty amazing as well.
ReplyDeletelove this set of everything. cutest little frog. love the sprinkle bird bath. and you made me laugh on the blade of grass. :)
ReplyDeleteChipmunks are fun to watch, they can be so entertaining. Really like the frog shots. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great selection! That bee nest is pretty amazing! I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos ! You have a Chippy to , our Chippy was named because he has a chip out of his ear lol ! Wasps and hornets make awesome homes just don't like to get to close to them ! I had the same thing when I was a younger on the farm , dad and I were getting rid of a hornets nest on our barn and it came down they all swarmed me and I was stung at least 50 times let me tell you that hurt to ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteGrace, the tiny frog is adorable and I love the bath shot. What a great capture! The wasp nest are neat but creepy, I have been scared of them ever since I was stung once. I am still seeing the chippers here filling there cheeks. They are so cute. Wonderful collection of photos. Have a wonderful evening.
ReplyDeleteYep hanging onto those few summer memories myself Grace as this is the summer of big change..
ReplyDeleteI love to see a hornets nest Im not allergic but I sure dont want to get a sting either!!
I enjoyed all these great photos!!!
Hard to believe that it's nearing the end of another month, thanks for the photo reminders of how fast the season is going. And, of course, the small frog was my favorite...does he have a small penguin friend?
ReplyDeleteDigital photos are a blessing and a curse. I had to move mine to our external hard drive. After deleting the blurry ones, I had over 8,000 pictures to move. No wonder Mr. Canon is in the 'fix it' shop!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you kept the ones you posted today, they are terrific!
You have excelled yourself with this post. Great shots and bird bath time is perfect.
ReplyDeleteWasp nest are a work of art. Our Hornets do sting but rarely attack.
Great action packed shots GG.
ReplyDeleteYes photo sorting, boring and laborious isn't it, I have just deleted about 5000. They will soon mount up again if I don't keep deleting the ones I don't use or want.
Hi Grace, you've sorted out an excellent selection of images for us.
ReplyDeleteThat little Tree Frog is a beauty. And the Bee/Hornet? nest is a wonderful piece of craftsmanship, it always amazes me how they know how to construct such a complex piece of engineering!
Now if you're free for a couple of hours I've got a few photographs on my computer that need sorting...lol...[;o)
Great images Grace! I remember Chippy, so sweet! Love the little frog too. It is sad to say farewell to all the Summer sights. I shall really miss the butterfies, it seems a long time until next Summer.
ReplyDeleteWhen you've finished sorting out Trevor's photos you can make a start on the huge amount of rubbish ones in my files! It would take much more than a couple of hours though ;-)
Hope you've recovered from all that outside work yesterday :-)
Hi Ruth...thanks much appreciated! : }
ReplyDeleteThank Teresa..we do that don"t
we : }
Thanks Larry : }
Denise thanks so much : }
Thanks Elaine : }
Thanks so much Eileen : }
Thanks Sondra..if we could just have one more month ; }
Thanks B : }
Thanks Muffy ...oh yes indeed they are : }
Thanks Adrian : }
Thanks so much Roy...I try to do it as they come from the camera,
but : }
Thanks Trevor...If I could get a free ticket there I would be glad to give you a hand with that! : }
Thanks Jan...Like I told Trevor, I would gladly help you but.. : }
More yard work to go, wood to bring in :(!!
Love 'em, my faves are the bees hives, and the full of food little chipmunk, fantastic.
ReplyDeleteThese are all very beautiful pictures. I love very much Mr camouflage ;-), but I felt like you are a bit nostalgic, aren't you... Winter can also offer its surprise, like bohemian waxwings or cedar ones ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou chose some great shots here. And I don't envy you that earthquake - I experience a small one in New York in the 1980s and that was enough for me!
ReplyDeletewhat a great collection of photos!! i love them all...especially the water sprinkles in the bird bath! and the little chipper...and the dragonfly...and the textures of the hornet;s nest!! fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, enjoyed your writing :-))
ReplyDelete...and all your pictures !
Love those hornet nests! They are so beautiful. :) We are savoring the last too...today we turned cold and rainy. I brought the last 6 or so black swallowtail caterpillars inside so maybe they can make it to the chrysalis stage for overwintering. They are eating happily so far. :)
ReplyDeleteGood thing you have all these great pictures because I think we are in for a long cold winter.
ReplyDeletei take far too many pictures, but often i am so glad i did.....because that blade of grass was blurry the first 20 times i photographed it!!
ReplyDeletei like the batheing bird, talk about splashing!!
I like the idea of eating a whole pile of food then hiding away until March. Trouble is if I did that I wouldn't be able to read your blog and then give you a hard time Grace, and anyway you would miss me a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a wasp nest built outside like that. Often the darn things make a nest inside a bird box and wait then until I open the lid before they announce their presence. I hope you don't get that storm but your right about the suits over forecasting what's about to happen. they won't lose their jobs for over egging the pudding but would do if they underestimated the gales and winds. Stay warm - for now. Your old pal Phil - Made in England.
ReplyDeleteA great set to look back on Grace.
ReplyDeleteSuch a tiny little frog; and the amazing nest at the end.
Keep safe through the storm.
Beautiful post Grace! I love the way you present each and every creature, I love your writing.
ReplyDeleteThe little frog is really cute and Chippy too!
Love the bird in the birdbath, lovely pictures with all the droplets, gorgeous.
Hope you are well and won't be affected by the huge storm coming...
Take care,
Louise
I'll miss my little chippie as well!
ReplyDeleteI'm back to thank you for the kind words. Waiting for the thing to hit is a little unnerving. No use worrying though. I wish everyone safe whoever is in Sandy's path.
ReplyDelete