Thursday, November 15, 2012

~~~Blown In The Wind~~~


I love the  Milkweed plant in bloom, podded , and when the pods burst and the seed heads are blown about!! It was a bumper crop in the field just down the road from me !!
One beautiful,sunny ,and very windy day I noticed the air full of  silky ,shimmering puffs piloting a tiny brown seeds  to fertile ground!!
Like a snow storm it was as I walked there to get these photo's!  


























18 comments:

  1. i love the 'blowin' in the wind' scene! and really like your header photo, too. nice silk and bokeh in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing captures. I love to see all those puffs in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the header shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I took a few pictures of something very much like these while in Yosemite and now I know, it must have been milkweed. Thanks for learnin' me something. These are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fantastic.
    Glad to see you are over the worst of Mitt's demise. I doubt Bob Dylan was a Republican.....I may have a misguided opinion though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing about blowing milkweed is that it looks beautiful and does NOT need to be shoveled, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Milkweed photos, I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic captures Grace! It really does look like a snow storm! Love the close up of the first photo!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double WOW! I love your pictures and the one with all the milkweed in the wind. Looks like little field fairies dancing.

    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful, we don't get those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace, these are all beautiful images. Wonderful capture of the milkweed snowstorm. Wishing you a very happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got a bit worried there you describing all those shimmering silky things but it was only the pretty flowers - phew! Phoned you and you were "line engaged" for hours your loss babe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! The seedlings in the air remind me of a cherry blossom blizzard in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More fabulous images, you are getting too good GG.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful and amazing shots!!
    makes me want to make lots of wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Theresa thanks..ya "blowin" : )


    Thanks Ruth : )


    Thanks Elaine : )


    Thanks John...and your welcome! Glad I was able to clear that up for you! : )


    Thanks Adrian...oh dear...ya me too.."the answer is blown in the wind" : )


    Thanks B..ya ain't that the
    truth!! : )

    Thanks BoB..: )



    Thanks John..it is quite a sight!! : )


    Thanks Tammy...Good likeness !! : )


    Thanks Al.. : )



    Thanks Eileen...The beauty of nature!! : )


    Thanks Phil..I think ; )...I worry a bit about you too ; ) lol!!


    Thanks Denise ...I know what you mean! : )


    Thanks Roy...sweet, but way to
    kind : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FANTASTIC photos! We love them and of course, the super cool milkweed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some nice shots- you had a slew of them

    ReplyDelete