Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"A Walk at the Marsh" Part II

In yesterday's post I didn't mention  that although there was a bright blue sunny sky, there was a bank of clouds out toward the open ocean that kept bringing in a pretty cold wind and occasionally blocked out the sun!!
Those boys where dressed as if it was a early fall day while my daughter and I had on our layers, gloves, looking pretty much like a marshmallow puff!!  " You boys are going to be cold"..." Nooo, we won't"  "Well at least put on a hat and gloves"!  "Yeeessss"


"Drift wood"


"A real chilly view"


"The boys are up to some mischief"


"Berries and blue sky, almost blinding"


"Seed Pods have popped"


"Poison Oak berries"
"There pretty but don't touch"
Trust me I'm positive!! : }

Pleassse can't we go back ...where freezing!!
Your Grammie, and I want to walk down
in further...

There was alot more to see,especially so many berries (the birds
will be happy this winter)!


The trail started getting real busy with dog walkers so we headed back and we didn't waste any
time doing so.  When we came out into that open marsh the wind was very cold and it
didn't take long for those rambunkshus under dressed boys to hightail it out off there!!


17 comments:

  1. Grammie G - looks like you had good weather for being outdoors, even if it did look a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great trip with the kids. And, the next time they don't believe you about how to dress you can remind them of this day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace,,you seemed like you had a wonderful time on your "marsh walk".. glad you enjoyed it so much and shared your wonderful (as usual) photos with us. Sorry I missed you last night.. I am still not feeling well and cough all, yes all the time. Hoping to feel better by Saturday night for the dinner at church.. are you going??? If you'd like to and aren't yet,,I have an extra ticket...Jim can't go.. Guards till late in the night!! Let me know..love ya and miss ya..Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thanks..there nothing like a brisk Maine walk!!!

    Hi Lois...I love seeing things through a kids perspective and yes hopefully warmer clothes next time!! : }


    Hey Tracey...Guess what..I didn't go either...didn't know you was sick..sorry..!!
    I don't know about Sat.
    Happy to share my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE photos #2 and #5! So beautiful! Looks like a walk that Mark and I would enjoy undertaking. I bet the boys hustled back to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl...It's nice.. and I would like to go in the early summer to see what it's like then!!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened to the snow Grammie G? I think we have more in the UK now than you. Of course they are not really cold they just want to get back to those PCs and TVs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phil...snow is gone and last night it was wild windy and rained buckets.. today it has been with to 50 degrees...
    For the boys it depends on how much there is to investigate...once thats all done,time to move on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely walk you had!
    No matter the place or season, God always provides something of great beauty for us. We just have to 'look' to see it, that's all! I love how He shows you such things, Grammie.
    Thanks for sharing your day :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trish...yes that is very true !!
    I am happy to share..thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures of the seed pods came out WAY better than mine! I love that picture with the boys - it looks more like I'm saying "If you little buggers don't stop throwing things I'm going to tan yer hides!"

    We need to do Gisland again sometime - and I still owe you Mackworth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He Ney...You need to have your Mother with you more often then you get to be in the pictures to!!
    Yes you could have been saying that and a lot of other things..lol
    Yes you do!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that second photo of the grasses in the water and the popped pods :-) Looks like a fun time with family as well. Hope your headaches are gone for good by now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did put a comment here before GG, but its gone missing.
    Boys up to mischief, surely not.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! Looks like you have your hands full with those two! Loved the "The boys are up to some mischief" photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary...Thanks, the wind was really blowing hard in that second picture!!
    I can't wait to do more with them!!

    Hi Kelly...Oh, they are quite the pair,but a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Roy...sorry I don't know what happened to it(honest)!!
    Boy's are always up to mischief,you should know that!! ; }

    ReplyDelete