Friday, December 31, 2010

"Christmas Day Walk At the Beach"

This will be a goodbye post to the "Christmas of 2010" .  Hard to believe a another year has gone by !!
All the Christmas in the past have been good,but a walk on the beach at the ocean on Christmas day was a first for me, and I so thoroughly  enjoyed it especially watching my grandson in all his usual enthusiasm,run do cartwheel,skip flat rock across the water.. yes, and even lay on the beach like it was a summer day, and oh...he had no "gloves" on and no "socks" which didn't surprise his Mom at all ...in fact "I wasn't that surprised either" since I raised two daughters who where pretty much like that too...I guess I can't say much since I am kinda like that.  : }



"Skipping Rocks"


"Treasure"
...not so great for the lobster men whose traps wash ashore!!

 

It was mid- afternoon when we where there!
Sun was in and out of  darker clouds !!



"Wow" He is still for a change!!
Musing!!





"Tempting his fate"











"Precious"

 







Yes.. it was a Nerf gun Christmas!


Mom made it through yet another Christmas!!


Blast from the past!!

Here I am with that "Mom" ( my daughter) on my lap,
and oldest daughter who is the Mom of my
22yr old granddaughter on the chair arm!!

Lots of Memories along the path to today and hopefully
more to be made in the year to come ...

Wishing all my blogging friends and there families
a "New Year" full of "Hope, Happiness, and Health "!!











22 comments:

  1. That looks like a grand thing to do on Christmas Day!

    Enjoyed your pics ... especially that blast from the past! Ha, ha!

    Hope 2011 is a good year for you, full of special new adventures ... breaking out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, as always. And love that hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Cerico...Thanks glad you enjoyed....aren't old picture a hoot!!
    Best for the new year to you!!

    Hi Jeannie...Thanks a lot my neighbor friend..
    "Dig that do" huh!! : } I can fix you up with that style...hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grammie G - glad you are feeling better and the beach photos were great to see. We have enjoyed reading your blog in 2010 and thanks for the visits to ours. Maybe the next time we visit Maine, we will see you too! Happy 2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was enjoying the beautiful sky and beach shots, but that "blast from the past" shot is a real winner :-) Love the hairdo and suit. Old photos are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beatrice...thanks you so much...I have enjoyed you both to.
    Yes that would be a great idea, love to meet you!!


    Hi Mary... real winner the blast from the past HUH!!: }
    I get a good laugh when I see then to. Renee snagged that picture and it is now on her facebook!!
    All the comment are about the "do" lol :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scenic shots and a "lovely" blast from the past GG. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture of the monkey and I on the beach! :)

    Hard to believe I was once that little, and cute.

    And no wonder there's a hole in the ozone layer - how much AquaNet was required to maintain that 'do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Roy...Thank you...and thank's for "not" commenting on the hairdo...: }
    Happy New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ney...I love that one of the monkey too...I will shot it over to you if you want..
    Yes your where that little...and payback for raising you ..aren't you just enjoying that now!! hahaha!!!
    Enough about the "do"
    I'll post one of your lovely hairdo's one of these days!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to spend Christmas; on the beach.
    It looks lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Keith...Thanks...it was a good day !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful images and memories. Thank you for sharing.

    Best,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lois..thanks you, glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you had a great walk along the beach Grammie G - much better than staying home and eating turkey. What a brill picture of your grandson silhouetted against the darkening sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Phil...thank you so much...
    We did have a great day...saved on calories lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful, special way to spend Christmas Day! I especially liked the photo of your grandson "relaxing" on the beach! Boys will be boys....I bet everyone made lots of memories from the day. Wishing you a wonderful, happy, healthy and adventure-filled New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cheryl....my grandson is a funny little guy...!!
    Thanks...and wishes for an especially healthy year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy new year to you and your family... I hope 2011 will bring you tons of beautiful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful insight into your life. Lovely images thanks for sharing and please stay in touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Andrew...thank you... will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a neat thing to do on Christmas Day, and what stunning photos you got. I'm now adding "Take a Christmas Day walk on the beach" to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete