Friday, December 10, 2010

"Dance Of The Clouds"

Unlike many of you, our weather has been a bit all over the place in nature.
The last two nights we have had temperatures down to 10 to 14 degrees above zero and the days average to reach 20 degrees!
 For me as long as the air is dry and not to windy I'm okay with it, but when there is dampness in the air it seems to go right through me...then I'm cold!!
Today was a dry, sunny,calm ,but cold day,and was a great day for a walk, that is if your dressed right!!
Head band for the ears, scarf to protect the face,warm pair of gloves and  dressed in layers I headed out .
The sky was a cold crisp blue and I was taken back by the spectacular clouds (Cirrus I believe) that put on a great display.
As I viewed the photos I had taken there was no way to describe them for me ,but to put it to verse in a poem!!

Dance clouds dance
From whence you appear
Intricate white ice crystals
Blown by airy wind shear

Dance clouds dance
a ballet in the sky
Blue is your backdrop
Your audience am I



Dance clouds dance
The wind the violin
Chasse to the music
 The orchestra begins

Dance cloud dance
Dressed in sheer white
wispy and delicate
Allergro in flight



Late in the day as the sun was getting ready to set I noticed these clouds with a spectrum of colors glowing from the tips of them .  I find our world ever fascinating, with so many wonders !!


15 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that God uses the clouds to draw beautiful pictures for us... great shots of the sky!!
    Calling in the morning.. coming over to help with wood!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dancing clouds! They look like they are leaping in time to music. And the sun dog is beautiful! Great to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ,these pictures are great i used to love laying on the grown as a kid and make pictures out of the clouds lol , we had some awesome clouds going on the other day i wish i had of had my camera with me :-( never mind ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely GG.
    I like cloud shots, they are always so different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tracey...thanks you my friend ...and whats with the helping ...you don't have to do that I know your real fit though with you "Zumba" or what ever that is !! lol : }

    Hi Heidi..I used to do the same thing with the clouds..
    You have to have a camera with you at all times..if yoou don't that's when something always needs it's picture taken..lol : }
    Thanks my friend!!

    Hi Mary...sun dog that what I was trying to think o,but don't know why it got that name(something to google) lol !!
    Thanks my friend!!

    Hey Roy... Thanks..yes... ever changing,like Heidi said it makes you use your imagination!!
    I'll make sure this stays here my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Grammie G - lovely photos and a wonderful poem to accompany them as the clouds truly seem to be dancing across the sky! You are so right about how having a camera is always a good idea when out walking - aren't you glad you had yours on your walk?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful images and thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beatrice..thank you very much ...I love looking at clouds as long as the don't contain rain or snow..lol : }

    Hi Lois..thank you...and its my pleasure : }

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots of the sky, and especially beautiful grandchildren on the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grammie G, So clever of you to write that poetry for the clouds you saw. That last shot with the wisps of colour takes a great eye to see and a better one to capture ina camera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jean...thanks very much..and yes they are beautiful. ; }!!

    Hi Phil..thanks so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cloud photos. Our weather, too has been all over the map. A teenage friend described it as "bipolar," going from 45 degrees to 15 in less than a day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what glorious photos you've taken! I love the poem...the clouds looked like angel wings I thought! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cloud pictures! I so love walking this time of year. It's invigorating and grounding. :) Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...such beautiful blue skies behind those dancing clouds! These are gorgeous shots. We've had mostly grey skies here...dripping with snow!

    ReplyDelete