Wednesday, December 22, 2010

" FIRE AND ICE"

I have been lapse in my posting for many reasons...some good ,and some not so good, but here I am probably using this post to procrastinate getting some last minute things accomplished before Christmas!!

These are some photo's I have taken over the past week on my walks and ramblings.

At one time this was a unpaved public road and now makes a great place to walk
and its just a bit away from where I live!!



The further you go in you come upon this house which looks rather haunting !!
I didn't go past it!!



This  brook is just before the house.
The bridge is made of large slabs of granite rock !


As I was starting back out of here I was curious to where the brook was running from .
I saw an old wood cutting trail and thought I'd follow it !!


As I came up over a little ridge I could see water.



We had some heavy rain a few days before and the water levels had risen and now
 receded and left a lot of shale ice along the waters edge.
Love the designs it makes!!


It is a peaceful little spot, and I was careful  where I stepped,
 since I had sneakers on.


I think the brook feeds of from the river near by.



Sometimes when I do these little ramblings I get a little turned around with my direction
so took a minute to get my barrens, and headed back to the road!!


 Water running out the end of a culvert that's under the road!!
I like the way it makes bubbles under the ice!!



Days are so short this time of year and it wasn't long after I got home that the sun started to go down
and these gray, low lying clouds started filtering
out the sun ....when it peeked through it looked like a ball of fire!!










15 comments:

  1. Some great rambles Granny! Hope you ramble right through Christmas having an enjoyable time with family and friends. All the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so loved walking along with you! We would make a perfect walking pair...we like alot of the same things and scenery. I was thinking several of your photos could have been taken where I walk. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cicero..."Thank you".. and the same wishes for a Blessed Christmas and New Year to you my friend!!

    Hi Cheryl...Thank you so much....yes I noticed that when I look at some of your post to : }
    Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!!
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's God peeking through the clouds in that second to last picture,,, hope your Christmas is wonderful and hope to see you Friday night.. bigs hugs to you my dear Friend! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grammie G, we have missed your posting, but know how hard it is with life going on all around and especially during the holiday season. Enjoyed this post and the photos of the ice patterns and sunset. We are expecting perhaps some light snow on Christmas evening - maybe you will get some too this time?
    Merry Christmas to you and your family and our best wishes for a wonderful New Year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tracey...if all goes well I will be at my daughters Friday night so won't see you at the Christmas Eve service, so I wish you and your family a Blessed Christmas, happy hugs to you my dear friend!!


    Hi Folks...Thanks you so much....and we have had snow. I got up this morning to a winter wonder land, everything is covered with snow !!
    Merry Christmas to you and your to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeannie...thank you, are you still able to sit for my kitties while I'm at Renee's?? Talk later!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely! I hope you are well and have a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great series of images. Just wonderful! :)) I love the designs made by the ice.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grammie G. Good to see you got round to a posting and another walk even if it was a bit spooky - I'll bet you daren't go in the dark. I hope that you and family have both a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year, but most of all keep up the ramblin' and the creative photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary...A little stress, but am anxious to see my grandson.
    Thanks...wishes back you !! : }

    Hi Lois...thank you so much!!

    Hey Phil...no I wouldn't go there at night on a bet!! lol
    Thank you!!
    Wishing you and your's a Merry Christmas and all the best in the year to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...a wonderful series...love the photo of the ice with the Jack Frost designs. It's so pretty. Glad you didn't lose your way!! That's always a bit scary...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly...thank you so much..I should havethought of Jack Frost...a funny one: of my daughters went to school with a guy named Jack Frost ..poor kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely images here GG. that ice looks pretty thick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Roy ..you just finding this post??? just teasing...; }
    Thank you ..the ice looks pretty thick,but I wasn't about to test it!!

    ReplyDelete