Tuesday, November 30, 2010

" A Walk At The Marsh Part l"

The weekend before Thanksgiving while visiting with my daughter we decided it would be a good time to get out and walk one of the many trails in her area!!
We got my Grandson and his best Buddy in the car and of we went with a destination in mind!!


This is a salt water marsh trail !

First view looking out toward open water!!


"The Crew"
Hey wait for Grammie!!

It was high tide when we got here so all the inlets where full...
this is the back side of the marsh!

The above tree was just loaded with these berries ...
I believe is a Autumn Olive Tree.

Bridge that spans the main feed to the back marsh!

From the bridge ...feathered friend??

"Tidal Pool"


"Rose Hips"


"Seagulls in the Swale Grass"


"Get down out of that tree"!!!!
"Boys will be boy's"

Tommorrow.. part II



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely place. Such fun to take time to enjoy with the kids, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! The rose hips are gorgeous, as well as the berries. I don't think I've ever seen a pool that perfectly round. It looks man-made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. you need to get a job at National Geographic..you are a great photographer. I was at church on sunday, but hope to see you Wednesday night!! Love your post.. can you believe how cool it is getting.. snow maybe by Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a nice place to walk GG, probably need a telescope for the birds though. I use to climb loads of tall trees without a problem when I was a lad, then one day I climbed a few feet up a silly little tree and fell out and gashed my leg.
    Boys will be boys {:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful hike! We can't wait to get back exploring once we move in to our new house. :) Our little cat Bobcat is turning into quite the Christmas tree climber. SO far the tree is fine - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Grammie G, Scarborough Marsh is one of my favorite spring birding locations! I used to live on Spurwink Drive when I was in HS. Funny, I had no idea there was a marsh there:). Maybe next spring, when I return to Maine, we can meet up there! Wouldn't that be fun? ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks like you got a nice walk with very nice company... it even looks like a loon was at your party... Is that a loon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tracey...Will I be seeing you tonight ..I think is the last study isn't it...there should be a party lol
    Thank you : } ,but being that your my friend your being to kind about the photos : }


    Hey Roy...You do have problem with hurting yourself don't you! ; }
    It is beautiful..I would like to see what its like when the tide is out...it is large area..telescope might be the ticket! : }


    Hi Jennifer & Steve..ooops..so you do have a climber!!
    There are some beautiful trails near the ocean,but darn cold in the winter!!
    Hope your home is coming along great!!
    Thanks!


    Hi Karen..Wow small world!!
    I'm not sure how long it a walk area so maybe it wasn't around then???
    If you check out my daughters blog you will find a lot of post around those area...Adventures with Renee...I think I saw a comment there from you once!!
    Thanks...sounds good!!


    Hi Chris...yes it was fun...and yes my daughter did think it was either a juvenile or winter plumage Loon!!
    Thanks Sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the berries and the tidal pool...interesting! I bet some bird will be eating all those berries.

    ReplyDelete