Monday, December 27, 2010

What... A....Blizzard!!

Wind started to pick up and get pretty frisky about 4:00 yesterday afternoon and by dark the first light snow started to fall !!  Blizzard watch.... I guess there is no need for that.... Blizzard warning...wait and see!!
Having grown up in Maine you roll with the punches..we have snow.... some big storms ....some little storms..frankly the word (blizzard is getting on my nerves....)but for the Eastern seaboard this storm has been paralyzing!!
When I got up this morning it had stopped snowing,but within 30 minutes it started and continued non stop!!
  Not sure on accumulation's because the wind is drifting it around so much it is hard to tell ...but my best guess is at least 12 inches or more and still snowing ..in fact harder right now (3:30p.m.) than all day.  The weather reports say it will stop abruptly late afternoon...Okay...lets see how this plays out!!!!!


      "Much like a black and white picture ..."


"Couldn't even get any green from the evergreens..."


My Grandson would say "I love you more than all the snowflakes ...
this is a lot of love!!

Through the bedroom window, where even and antique lantern
can't add warmth to this day!!


Taken through the window..snow flying everywhere ...so.. pretty
hard to get pictures when my plowman came mid morning !!




When I bought these" beauties" : } this fall after my" fluorescent green"ones failed me : }
I knew they would come in handy other than gardening or wet grass!!
When I went to the mailbox I wore then ..I figured if I slipped and fell in the snow....
hopefully my feet would be up, and "who could miss seeing these babies"!! lol

Snow amount that drifted across the driveway after it was plowed!!


Blizzard Blast From the Past!!

When your young... snow "is" COOL!!
My sister and I approx. 1950!!

That's me on the left....the" Cool looking one"...lol


Snow isn't so "cool" when you get older and have to shovel it, but I am still Cool!! : }

18 comments:

  1. No one would question your coolness, Grammie! Great snow shots, I'm sorry the storm missed us here. I love the boots and 1950's shots -- once a kid, always a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grammie G, you finally got what started here on the VA eastern shore on Christmas Day. Grenville gave you a preview on our blog. Those boots sure are eye catching. STay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jain...thanks.. from one cool "Gal" to another!! ; }

    Hi Beatrice...yes I enjoyed Grenville's "blow by blow" of the storm...got me prepared..lol
    Like them boots..huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty snappy boots for a cool girl like yourself ... especially in the "cool" weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Cicero...thanks, I think you pretty snappy and cool even without the boot!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...that's a lot of snow!! Stay warm.....and I LOVE the photo of you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey GG, if you get lost in the snow, I'm sure the "Rescue Party" would find you, "wearing those boots." {:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly...thanks you...sun today, but its a wild and windy day ...snow flying everywhere!!

    Hey Roy...that's the idea...you don't think there cool???? ; }

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool post grammie.

    That's a heck of a lot of snow you're getting!
    Ours is gradually going now :)

    Love those old pictures. Some serious looking 'cool' in the first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Keith....I sort of think of it as Maine at it's worst...
    Hard to think I was once that cool!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brrrrr....keep warm! Hope it is less snow than you expected. Love the wild boots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary ...less but drifted and left a 2ft drift on my back deck!! yuck!!
    Like them huh!! : } Got them at the Christmas Tree shop in the fall !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that really is a winter you are having. Great piece of kit on the 4x4 and I love your style of footwear. My best wishes to you and yours for the New Year I hope you have a great 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrew..Glad you like my style of footwear.... They don't keep your feet very warm, but keeps them dry!! lol
    Thanks.. and the best of wishes to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi GG. Love those boots!!!! Do they have them at Reny's???? We are still digging out on the back roads with 7 ft drifts that streach up to a half mile, with abandoned cars and snow plows lost in them. VA is definitly not ready for this.
    Grenville

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grenville...Hey..thanks...no..usually Reny's
    but these I spied at the Christmas Tree Shop in Portland..lol : }
    You really did get it bad down your way...I sure hope things get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good thinking ahead about the wellies sticking up through the snow but what happens when it gets 10ft high? - back to square one Grammie G, but stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Phil...I have a pair of gaiters that says I bet I can get away with that for awhile...and also got myself a pair of snowshoes for Christmas!!lol ; }
    I will debut them in a future blog!!

    ReplyDelete