I'm sure to some of you these posts are pretty boring, but I do have many blogging friends who like the
same things I do, and I want to share with them some of our same interests... thus these post
I love an opportunity to made a fancy dish so when my very best friends
decided to have ourselves a set down dinner I was asked to make a dessert
and of course I said ....sure !! I decided on a Trifle something I had never
made before !! I know someone can relate here ( oh great)
Made from scratch..sponge cake.. custard filling..fresh blackberries and
raspberries...."compliments all around"!!
After dinner a the gift swap game...great fun with great friends!!
Our host opening a gift!!
Another sit down dinner...this time with 15 people and I am asked again
to provide one of the desserts...I did it again, something I had never made
before , Chocolate Cheesecake!! Topped with white chocolate grated
on top with white and chocolate dipped fresh raspberries and of course
not complete....pipped whipped cream around the outer edge after
it reached it's destination: } Another big hit "Whew"
If you have noticed the center piece on my table it is an old outside over
a door light fixture Someone who know that I would find a use
for it gave it to me !
The light fixtures where removed attached to a 1 inch by 16 inch board
so I just removed the wiring , found two votive holders that fit in the bulb sockets
votive candles and there you have it ...recycling!!
Home made Carmel corn with pecans, peanuts and walnuts is a big hit
for gifts to friends and neighbors!! They look forward to it every year!
Another favorite I make every year...Chocolate dipped peanut butter ball!
Especially a favorite of my grandchildren to say nothing of friends who
ask for them for Christmas!! : }
A last minute shopping day at the LL Bean flagship store in Freeport with one of my friends!
It is always so festive there, and a lot of people, makes it hard to take pictures!!
This is the boot that they a famous for that started there business!!
There where carved ice sculptures on the side walks!!
Ducks !!
A fisherman and his catch!!
A Labrador Retriever sitting in a Old Town canoe!!
Wagon rides through the town...it would have been pretty with some snow!!
Hope you enjoyed...sorry there was no taste testing!! ; }
Those ice sculptures are amazing GG.
ReplyDeleteHey Roy ...those are only a few of them.. 8 more..Owl,Bear,Bobcat,Eagle and some I can't remember, but to many people in the way for photo!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What fantastic photos!
ReplyDeleteYour desserts look amazing and I love the recycled light fittings - fabulous idea!
A month ago I went on a homeschooling excursion to a sheep and cattle drome near us where we were hoping to have a hayride.
But the ground was too wet and boggy that day -so disappointing.
The ice sculptures are incredible! There are some very clever and talented people in this world :-)
Thanks for visting me Grammie..I hope you have a wonderful day and a very happy and blessed New Year! joy in Christ..Trish
Those desserts look amazing and the pictures are interesting all around ... those ice sculptures are pretty amazing too.
ReplyDeleteHi Trish..Thank you so much...I'm glad you enjoyed!!
ReplyDeleteThe ice sculptures are great aren't they... I think we all are blessed with a talent!!
Happy and blessed New Year to you too!!
Hi Cicero..thank you...you'll have to drop by sometime and I'll whip us up something!! Haha!!
ReplyDeleteThere actually was more of the sculptures but to many people to get more pictures!!
And those peanut butter balls were as good as they looked. You need to make me that cheesecake sometime!
ReplyDeleteHey Ney...yes they are...and if Jeannie doesn't come get her's soon I'm going to eat them..lol did you see that Jeannie!! : }
ReplyDeleteI'll make the cheesecake for us sometime!!
Didn't find the post boring at all Grammie G, everything looked delicious. Can you send some peanut balls through the computer?
ReplyDeleteWhat time is dinner Grammie G? Save some trifle and dipped peanuts for me, you know I'm a bit of a foodie
ReplyDeleteHi Phil ..the trifle and the dipped P.B.balls are all gone ,but by the time you get hear I'm have way plenty of time to make more!!! lol : }
ReplyDeleteHello grammie oh my yum all those goodie's look fantastic iv really enjoyed looking through all your blog up dates just now of your christmas ..looks as if you had a fantastic time over the christmas :-)
ReplyDeleteHI Heidi...thanks so much,hope you enjoy some of my primtive and oldies !!
ReplyDelete