I got out my LL Bean fleece jacket and vest, light gloves, and headband to keep those ear tips warm and of I went to take in that invigorating air!!
I couldn't believe that in every direction I looked there was not a cloud to be seen ,a picture perfect day!!
I wasn't expecting to find not much to take pictures of, but was surprised to find that the sun was helping the leaves glow with color!
So I have another Autumn color post !!
Stood right in the center of the road to get these two Oaks
on opposite sides of the road !!
Sun bathed!!
That sky was so blue!!
A "get down" low Oak!!
Liked this tin rusty roof in contrast with the
leaves color !!
More reds still around!!
This is the Big Leaf or Broadleaf Maple
the leaf below is on this tree.
It measured just under 6 inches at it's widest point!!
After yesterday and todays heavy rain, I can say for sure this is the
last Autumn color post !!
Have a good weekend and get outside and enjoy!!
Great colors.. love how you capture them. I think most of the leaves here are down due to the rain... cooler days ahead..don't forget.... fall back tonight!!
ReplyDeleteGrammie G, just looking at the colors in this post reminded me of the wonderful trip Grenville and I just completed in Maine. It was such a wonderful experience to see fall's color palete against clear blue skies. Thanks for reminding us through this post! We are just now getting lots of color here on the VA eastern shore and I will be including some photos in future posts to show them off.
ReplyDeleteGrammie G, thanks for bringing back some colorful reminders of our recent Maine road trip. The fall colors against the clear blue skies were outstanding. Finally, we are getting some colors here on the VA eastern shore and I need to get busy and share a post before they are all gone!
ReplyDeleteHi Tracey..Thanks ya!!
ReplyDeleteFall back is not a good thing to say to
me....lol ; } !!
Hi Folks ...Glad this post brings back your memories of your trip and happy you are getting some down there!!
Hi, grammie g. There's no better combination than colorful leaves and blue skies. If you're going to stand in the middle of the road taking pictures, I think you need to post warning signs for drivers. Maybe your highway department can put up some orange signs that say "Caution: Grammie G Ahead".
ReplyDeleteOh, how pretty! This Fall has turned out much prettier than we expected here because of the lack of rain. Lovely images there!
ReplyDeleteHi Steve.....Do you remember the sign I had on my post awhile back that said "caution Pedestrians in roadway" Well that's what that's is there for!! lol ; }
ReplyDeleteHi Lois...thanks...and glad you got some nice color there too!!
HI Grammie, what is it about blue skies and gold leaves? Such a beautiful combination. I never tire of seeing this autumnal contrast.
ReplyDeleteOur leaves are falling fast and furious now. Autumn winds take them flying into the sky, and away.......
Fantastic colours Grammie G, but what's with that blue sky? Send some over here please.
ReplyDeleteNothing like blue skies and sunshine to set off those golds. Beautiful pics Grammie. We are into dull gray here at the moment.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog again, Grammie G - and for enticing me over to yours, with the lure (as if I needed one) of more seasonal splashes! Those photos of the orange against the blue sky show just how powerful colo(u)r can be when you see and/or shoot complementary colo(u)rs in juxtaposition! I've just seen that Cheryl has said pretty much the same thing. Nature and natural beauty as intended. Stunning pictures! Do hope you are feeling much stronger now ...
ReplyDeleteHI Cheryl...thanks...soon it will be snow flying instead of leaves!!
ReplyDeleteHi Phil...if I had the powers that be I would send you some sunny days ....thanks!! : }
Hi Cicero...thanks...we are getting pretty dull to after two days of heavy rain!!
Hi Caroline..thanks for coming by and for your kind words....and yes I am doing fine thanks.
I'll be back to see you!!
Lovely colours again GG.
ReplyDeleteThats a shame, perhaps some nice photos of leaves on the ground then.
Hi Roy...Thank you...perhaps the first snowfall!!
ReplyDeleteEven better GG, well for us to look at anyway.{:)
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...I am not ready to do any shoveling yet!!
ReplyDeleteI can't effort to hire a "hunk of a man" to do it for me either!! : {
I can guarantee you'll have to work hard to find those leaves still on the trees now! What a storm! I'm glad you got such pretty pictures before they were blown to Timbuktu!
ReplyDeleteHey Nay...absolutely ...that was some wild night last night I felt the house shake at one point!!
ReplyDeleteHow many inches of snow would that rain have been?
Its to bad we can't afford to hire a "Hunk" or as you say a "Cabana Boy" to shovel for us this winter!!
Wonderful photos ! Have a great day !
ReplyDelete"Hey" ..thanks for coming by and thanks for the comment ...you have a great one too!!
ReplyDeleteWow when you get colors, you get colors! Incredible.... We got blue sky today too but now the temperature are not higher than 2°C and very often are around 0°C to -5°C!!
ReplyDeleteHi Chris..we have had nothing but rain since Friday but a bit warmer..yuck!
ReplyDeleteNow you have the sun but cooler temp. can't win!!
YOu still have a lot of beautiful leaves! These are great and so varied.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary....It has rained every day since those where taken...so there are gone now!!
ReplyDelete