Monday, November 1, 2010

IT"S JUST ABOUT OVER !!!

I had planned on posting the last of my stash of Autumn colors yesterday....of course most of you know it was Halloween... and I forgot to get some candy for the trick or treaters so in retaliation they hid my computer....actually it was a pretty full day....but I did forget the candy!!

On to things at hand;   I was going to do a little spiel on why leaves change there colors but decided that was a lot of explaining so will give you a couple of links and...actually my daughter at http://www.adventureswithrenee/  just did a post a few days back called  "Why do leaves change colors"  !!
Check that out or www.maine.gov/doc/  and  www.visitmaine.com/  it is pretty interesting ....I thought I knew but really didn't !!   Yes.. there are those like Steve at http://www.bluejaybarrens/ who know these things.. (Hi Steve)... doing a little name dropping today!!! ; }

OK pictures!!  Click to enlarge:



"Bright and Sunny"




"Drizzly Foggy Day"
Still Bright!!







Fancy trimmed Oak leaves!!






Another edge job!!


Color in spite of the foggy day!!





Soon to be all over...
dried and withered !!

(A little word about that four letter word)
Yes I saw "snow" flurries in the air last evening !!

20 comments:

  1. ...rick just came in and said that word too..."snow" flurries are predicted for next week. Oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Grammie, wonderful colours, mother nature is our best artist..... she honours us all by presenting her artwork on a daily basis.
    I love the carpet of leaves.......and the beautiful golds.

    Yes winter is surely knocking at the door. I have to say though, we have above normal temperatures for the time of year. It is said it will reach 18C 70F by the end of the week....almost summer!

    Have a good week my friend......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grammie G, I enjoyed your entourage of fall photos this morning. I didn't get out and about with my camera this autumn, so it was a pleasure to view yours! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see you yesterday.. I've missed you and am praying. Love the colors, especially the oak leaves. I looked out my window yesterday and realized the leaves are almost gone and winter will be here before we know it! I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. Grace, know I'm here if you need anything.. hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelley..."Just flurries" only a precursor of whats to come...brrrr!!!


    Hi Cheryl...We have had crazy weather!
    Two days last week I walked in a sleeveless shirt and wished I had on at knee pants it was up to 70 degrees and then a couple of days I had to where light gloves and a head band to cover my ears....crazy!!
    Thanks ....you have a great week to!!


    Hi Karen...I am glad you enjoyed...it was my pleasure!!Thanks

    Hey Tracey...It was good to see you yesterday to!!
    The leaves ae going fast now and wood smoke is starting to fill the air!! brrrr
    Thanks and for the hugs to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grammie G - say it isn't so - SNOW. We had such a great time with fall during our Maine road trip and I still have a few posts, but these will be colors and interesting things not more town histories. It was so very interesting to learn all the things about those great small towns we visited and then share. Your fall colors are beautiful and hope to see more and not the white stuff...at least not just yet cause this is my favorite time of year to be outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Folks.. Just flurries, but it got me thinking !!
    Hopefully we will have some good days left!!November can be nice.. I have put up Christmas lights and outdoor decoration in a short sleeved shirt many times so who knows!!
    Did I say Christmas..can't be!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grammie G, And to answer your question first - yes I do ringing all year round, just different places. I guess you can do most things all year round if you feel up for it.I like the browns and reds in your pictures. And edgy leaves? Do we have those over here, I must go out and look when it gets light - we changed the clocks now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phil..Ya ...be on the look out for those edgy leaves you never know what there up too!! lol ; }

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another really nice autumn post GG. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Roy....thanks....I have enjoy sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those leaves are gorgeous! We have been fortunate this year to see some beautiful leaves, too. We thought we would miss much of it because of our drought, but we were pleasantly surprised. What a pretty season and you captured much of it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, grammie g. I could use some of those leaves sitting on the lawn. I planned on using the mower to chop up the leaves in my yard and putting them on the garden, but the wind took all the leaves and blew them into the field.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow i envy you to still have some leaves if you do... For us, the storm is over here and the snow is slowly coming in!! Beautiful pictures you got... Are you getting better?

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Chris...There are still alot of trees with leaves on then but it is spotty. Seems to be more right in the city....I think it may be because of the big building that protect them from the winds!!
    Thanks...and yes I'm doing better!!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your photos ! I cant believe its November already ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ken & Elaine...Yes November hope the winter goes as fast as the summer did!!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grammie. Definitely can't get enough of the Autumnal hues. The winds are blowing here and the leaves are falling producing more skeleton shapes day by day. I do hope the head banging is subsiding. Cheers FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still got some lovely colour there.
    I think our leaves will be blown away today; it's been quite windy. And I'm all behind again :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Frank...good to hear from you...I wonder if you was ok.
    I'm afraid it just about over. The climate here is very similar to what you have there!!

    Hi Keith... After todays heavy rain things will be about gone!!

    ReplyDelete