Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THE MILKWEED!!




 Bleached in the flow of the bright blue Autumn weather
Drained of it colored dress of summer
Stalks of Milkweed stand together

The Milkweed Pods of hidden silk has spun
It's seasons work is finally done
Reveals it's pure glistening treasure to the sun

Lifted by soft cool breezes and blow around
Across the fields of golden brown
Gentle floating to the ground









Ps ...Please excuse any punctuation ....in poetry I can never figure out where I need to ...so if you can help me out please do!!

32 comments:

  1. Oh, Grammie G., that is just lovely! What a gift you have, not just with your wonderful photography, but the gift of expression. ~kaholly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images and especially nice tributes for veterans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen..Oh thank you so much I appreciate that!

    Hi Lois...Thanks...we owe so much to those who served and serve!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great poem and a beautiful plant. I love the feel of the silk in my hands!! Loving this peaceful and beautiful post! You seem to be feeling better,, hope it's true. Glad you liked my reference to OZ!!! Have a great Wednesday!! See you tomorrow night/?? maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tracey...thank you so much and ..yes I am doing much better!!
    I plan on going.. see you there maybe??
    Hugs to ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love this! What a great ode to milkweed. :) Thanks for all your good thoughts as we create a new home...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grammie G, I think your title should read Milkweed!

    As for punctuation ... I'll leave it to the English profs!!!

    Thanks for the pics and the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer and Steve ..happy you liked it!!
    I remember the days when we where doing the same as you..your welcome!!

    Hi Cicero..yes you are right..; }
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cares about the commas? A beautiful poem and beautiful photos to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grammie G, really liked both the poem and the photos. Glad you felling better and are back to being outdoors and taking photos as you go along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary..Thank you so much...I guess your right but it stills bugs me!!

    Hi Folks...glad you enjoyed..Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello grammie g oh what a beautiful poem ,iv only just found your blog im looking forward to reading your post ,i to love primitive old country things crafts.ect , i live in Tasmania the little island at the bottom of Australia ,though to us it's not to little but on the map it looks tiney lol

    Blessings
    Heidi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post and photos !
    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Heidi..thanks for coming by to visit my blog and your kind comment!!
    I will be dropping by to see you,your blog sounds right up my alley!!

    Hi C.Gal...Thanks and a great day to you to..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grammie G, You are too modest a lady and don't need any help with your poetry or your photography

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Phil...thank you so much that is very kind of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An ode to the Milkweed.

    Don't worry about the grammar; it's the words wot count ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grammie, thank you, loved it....right or wrong punctuation, doesn't matter.

    I planted milkweed for the first time this year. I fell in love with the seeds, after seeing them on others blogs last year.
    They are just so beautiful, I was in awe when mine opened and blew into the air.

    Hope you are keeping well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Keith...Thank you my dear friend..it is the words that count!!

    Hi Cheryl...I love the perfume that just floats through the air when they are in bloom, and the bees and buttterflies just love it to!!
    Thanks so glad you enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely words GG, very artistic images.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Roy...thank you..just another side to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny name for this seed but beautiful post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Chis..That you very much... if the stem or pods are broken when they are green a white milky sap runs from it!! thus the "Milk" weed!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful post Grammie G, and wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Grammie G,

    I forgot to tell you back when you commented about it on my blog, that "Hinds' Feet on High Places" is one of my FAVOURITE books. I've reread it many times during my life and the lessons learned there have sustained me each and every time. I also have "Mountain of Spices" ... not quite as good but good all the same.

    Glad you got a chuckle from today's post.

    I took a small chocolate cake to my mother-inlaw and sister-inlaw's today and we polished off the whole thing!!!! A very good recipe. I've GOT to stop baking.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Dorothy...thank you it is my pleasure.. and thanks for stopping by!!

    Hi Cicero...I'll have to see if I can find that book!!
    Yes my laugh of the day...I made an apple crisp and darn near ate all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I didn't know you were a poet. I think part of the beauty of poetry is you can play with the grammar and make it what you want! I love seeing milkweed pods when they burst open in the autumn. I'm going to have to go out and look for some. Beautiful capture...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kelly... ..well I do love poetry and sometimes I do let it come out of me but a little timid about it!!
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe how 'web savvy' my mother has become, I knew you could do it! I remember the day you turned your computer on. "Is it supposed to do that?!"

    And back into the poetry too? ♥ so proud! I would love to see you do more, please?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Nay...thank you darling daughter..yes, yes, I know!!
    "I'm a poet but my feet don't show it"!! remember that crazy saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry Grammig G I dont know Red Green, he's not on the radar over here. No blog for me for a day or two -off to Cyprus for sun.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your milkweed poem. You've captured the grace and beauty of the pods.

    ReplyDelete