Friday, April 9, 2010

BACKYARD ON RAINY FRIDAY!!

  I just couldn't stand being inside after half a day of this rain----ya! I know there is someone out there saying your lucky it is just rain!!! I read a couple of blogs today from people who where having snow!!  You have  to know I just have to get outside ---my voice mail  greeting is """ I may be outside if it's sunny and I may be outside if it's raining so leave a message"".
  Well I threw on a hooded jacket got my camera and headed to the back yard!!  Here's what I came up with!!


Weeping willow popping out those leaves and loving the rain!!!


Flowering crab apple tree!!


Rhubarb!! Yum can't wait for a pie!!!


Maiden Hair Fern !! Love the soft fuzzy top!!


 Hosta nubby's pushing up!!!


Cinnamon Fern!!


I took this picture of the clover because of the odd maroon color on some of them!!
See any four leaf one's????

Quince tree flower buds waiting for a sunny day!!


One of my garden plaques ---looks nice and shiny--you would to if it was raining like it is right now!!!  I'm out of here!!!


Checking the wood for the rest of the season --dry and plenty of it--even if the weather gets colder!!
Speaking of that--I'm cold --of to build a fire!!!
 




 

9 comments:

  1. I like the sentiment of your voice mail greeting..Lol. Great to see nature errupting through the soil to start another season plus delights yet to come. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day monkey and I passed a willow tree in all it's green glory and he said 'I wish we had one of those trees in the yard, I really like them'. I smiled, it reminded me of how much we used to love the willow trees too. I'm not planting one though - WAY too messy. :)

    Rhubarb Custard Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for dropping by Early Birder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee yes very messy!! Rhubarb custard pie it is{:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good : )

    it snowed here a few days ago, needless to say there will be no great shots of the magnolia blossoms this year, as they are now brown...

    It's April, but the irises have started to sprout leaves and I so look forward to June when they actually bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weather looks like ours! Our neighbor has Rhubarb growing along our shared driveway. I kind of take it for granted but Rhubarb pie sounds really good! You've certainly got the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those wonderful promises of things to come. That rhubarb looked great and love that garden plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to get outside, too, and see how the spring plants are coming along. My rhubarb patch looks as if it just might outdo itself this year. I hope so. I'm eager to see the flowering crab in bloom. Soon it'll be time for hummingbirds and orioles. I love it when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the weeping willow! When we lived in central Maine we had one in our yard, I can remember as a child it looked so HUGE! You have a beautiful assortment of trees and plants in your yard. Oh how I would love to have some rhubarb pie right about now...my mouth is watering! Oh yes, and some fiddleheads too!

    ReplyDelete