Wednesday, October 30, 2013

~~~ Black Capped Chickadee~~~


It is that time of year when the bird feeders need diligent attending to!!
The year round birds are showing up more and more every day now !!
One of which is my favorite the Black Capped Chickadee , just a tiny ball of fluffy, who will lets you know when the feeders need attending and will land on the feeder while you are trying to fill it !!

I took these through the window , and thankfully any spots where
 from the window and not on my lens!!


I had one sunflower head from a plant  that grew in one of my gardens !!
I placed it on the deck, and it didn't take long before a Chickadee was into it 
flinging away at the chaff to get hold of the seeds!!  



Digging deep...



and we have success!!


Linking to Wild Bird Wednesda

65 comments:

  1. These are wonderful pictures of the Chickadee. I have sunflowers, but they are devoured by the Gold Finch before the Chickadees can get near them. The Chicadees are smart and do it the easy way by going to the feeders :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea... I will be invaded with Goldfinches soon too!! : )

      Delete
  2. Perfect Grace. Spots on lenses and windows are easy. spots on sensors are the very devil to remove.

    Detracting from your post I managed to get a Midge in my camera. Wreaked havoc it did. Flying this way and that and crapping all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian... hope I don't experience that : )!!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos ! Our little Chickadees have been back for some time now and our Juncos to and some of the summer birds are still here strangely enough they seem to know that the weather will be spring like again as it is today and all bugs are out and about even the Cabbage moths are fluttering around . I figured after the past few frosty nights and mornings all would be gone . Guess not ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine... Oh I have plenty of Junco's , most summer birds are gone!! : )

      Delete
  5. HI Lovely little bird and you got good shots of it feeding on the sunflower seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little bird and lovely to have it that close to you and not afraid. Great photos - especially the one with the seed in its beak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are such cute little stinkers! love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa... Ya they are cute little stinkers lol!!

      Delete
  8. If I had to choose only one bird as a favourite it would have to be the Chickadee.I absolutely love these little guys.It's nice to see them right outside the window like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cute Chickadees! Great series, Grace! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shells being flung! I grew sunflowers one summer, but the deer got it before the birds could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean... Ya I thought that was real cute !! : )

      Delete
  12. Chickadees are brave/bold little birds. Where I used to live we had Chestnut-backed Chickadees and I was able to gain their trust where they would land on and eat sunflowers seeds from my hand. I miss the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John... Great experience I wan't to have too!! : )

      Delete
  13. My sunflowers didn't do so well, but they came to my purple cone flower (echinacia).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My feeders need to be filled every other day!!

    A great series grace, you captured them beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Debbie.... Great enjoyment though!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful bird Grace having a great time with it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace..Lovely images of your hungry little visitor...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you better not eat their candy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's just like the little Coal Tits I see in my garden... a real favourite visitor I am getting loads of at the moment.
    Most of my garden images are taken through the glass Grace... the birds are so flighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew,,, almost the same aren't they !!

      Delete
  20. sometimes people miss the behaviour of birds. Having them visit the garden really gives us a chance to watch and learn.... great post

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing shot GG. Its great to see small birds eat seeds with their beaks especially when the separate the out shell to get to the inner seed.
    You really need to clean those windows.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.... He sure was working hard to get them!!
      Ya ...I'll get right to those window : ))

      Delete
  22. Hi Grace, great report from the "feeder". I have the same experiences here, and I think we call that little fearless bird "svartmes".
    Best wishes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasse... Nice to hear that !!
      "svartmes" .. Hmmm .I'll have to remember that ! : ))

      Delete
  23. Oh, I just love seeing that!! BCChickadees only pop in for a visit once in awhile. They always bring me such joy. Don't forget to e-mail me. Include your address. Maybe you'll get a special treat in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen... Cute as the dickens they are : )
      Thanks for the reminder ...a treat I will remember now : )))!

      Delete
  24. Very nice set of picture - I like the mid-air seed.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello my little chickadedee and better late than never I say. And at 47 comments I may not be the last. Are you sure you haven't been over here taking pictures of our UK Coal Tit? Sure looks like it Grace but perhaps not as I know you would have called around for a cup of coffee (or something stronger). Keep snapping and looking but please don't send any more of those nasty storms our way, I'm just about fed up of them.

    Your everloving pal Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil.....You know they say save the best for last : )
      He does look like the UK Coal Tit. and they probably are!!
      Sorry about your weather is gorgeous here now that we sent it to you!! : )

      Delete
  26. Hi grammie, I have a lot of these guys hanging out at my feeders. It's almost like a major airport at my feeders and they do let you know when it's time to replenish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John... I like that "a major airport" : )...

      Delete
  27. I love the chickadees! They have been visiting the feeders for the past week or so here, ignoring the squirrel stealing the suet from the feeder as well as the little chipmunk who tries desperately to clean out a little feeder outside our living room window. BuddyTheElf tries his darndest to keep on guard and barks wildly when the chipmunk appears! However, the chipmunk is immune to all the barking....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl... I think I have lost you of my list I haven't seen your post show up!!
      This happen to some other's, and I had thought they was not blogging anymore!!
      Will check it out !!

      Delete
  28. So very cute :-) A chickadee is always guaranteed to make me smile. I love to take a sunflower head and spike it somewhere. The Goldfinches will just pick out every seed in a very orderly manner.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Grace,
    Don't you love them... Here, it is the same. They have started coming to the feeder the minute we installed it! And of course, they are not te only ones... Lovely pictures!
    Have a great week, Louise ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Louise... They are so sweet and friendly!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  31. They know where to get a good meal, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 62 comments? Are you paying folk now Grace or maybe just popular. Anyway just stopped by to thank you for sorting out my Monarch. Shhh it's a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the little chickadees. They've been busy at my feeder since October, along with titmice, nuthatches, downy woodpeckers, and an occasional, irritating bluejay.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful clicks!
    little bird looking cute.

    ReplyDelete