Wednesday, October 16, 2013

~~~The Glow Of Sunset~~~

Sunday was pretty much a cloudy day, but just around the time of sunset the sun appeared,and put on a gorgeous show!!
The glow added a lovely warm glow to the Autumn  leaves !!
So I just had to take a walk and enjoy it!!


I took this one as I was leaving my home!!


As I approached the river, the sunset glow was tipping the tree tops,casting a reflection of 
 there colors on the water, and as usual I got caught of guard!!
This time a small group of Male Mallard ducks flew from under the bridge!! 


It wasn't until I down loaded these did I really see the lovely glow,and the
 bonus of the reflections of the ducks !!
















So many people won't ever enjoy the beauty around them !!
I feel very privileged!


This is what was before me as I am nearing home!!

On the right, just over the knoll, and before you reach the second knoll 
is where you can find me  : )



This is a shot of the same spot taking a few days before on a sunny day!

Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday

39 comments:

  1. Beautiful images Grace.. your Autumn colours are just stunning to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrew....the colors are lovely!!

      Delete
  2. Coming home from an early morning outing looking for some sunrise photos I had a similar scene approaching my house as did you in your second to last photo. I thought "Ooo, should I take a picture and use it? Naw". Well at least you did and yours is much nicer than mine would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John...I bet your's would have been nice too, but thank you for the comment!!

      Delete
  3. that 2nd photo of the mallard in flight is great Grace, such great reflections. The colour is showing in your trees too. A fantastic time of the year indeed.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter... these where right place right time ,as the sunset changes the shot in seconds!! : )

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, serene shots, Grace. Love the reflections of the ducks in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous images, Grace! The sunset is stunning! And I love the ducks in flight with the pretty reflections. Thanks for sharing these beauties! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the reflections of the ducks, really nice shots Grace. The sunset is just amazing...
    Very nice post. Have a nice evening and thanks for sharing.
    Louise : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Louise... Glad you liked them!!

      Delete
  7. WOW!!! Each of these images is amazing.I love those reflections and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. spectacular photos of the mallards and their reflections. Glad your camera captured what your eye missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Grace Wonderful reflection in the water with the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous sunset picture Grace. Now let's have a sunrise and check your up and out of bed. So that's where you live, just over the brow of the road - opposite the security cameras up on the pole huh? Think I'll do a Google Earth Street view and take a peek to see if you finished painting that porch yet. Keep up those walks cos it's great to get out in those great outdoors we both have. Your old mucker Phil from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil... will you ever forget my unpainted porch lol!! I think your next vacation should be to Maine, not those fancy island ones!! You could paint my porch if it bother's you that much LOL!!
      I don't get to see a good sunrise !!!

      Delete
  11. oh grace, love, love, love that golden pond!!

    our sunsets have been amazing as well....the best way to end the day!!

    ps....i am sooooo behind on vists and comments, it's really shameful. because my excuse is, i'm having too much fun (wink)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl,,,, You keep right on having fun : )
      Glad you like my golden pond ; )

      Delete
  12. Beautiful flight shots and the reflections are a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What luck to get those ducks fly out like that!!!! Super light on those shots...and a lovely SKY shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glorious sunset and reflection shots! Your colors are really beautiful right now. Ours have all landed on the ground, but we're having unusually warm weather (highs in the 50s) and no snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Elaine... Yes we are having good temp's too, these colors are so much better then white!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace, lovely coming with you on this walk and the Mallards are very beautiful with the reflecyions in the water. I agree - we are privileged to be able to "see" these moments in the nature...many people do not. Just rush ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grace, I am rather jealous of the beautiful colors you are able to enjoy and share on your walk. We still have all green leaves on the trees and our fall colors will arrive by late Nov. that may be just about when you get a different color...white. We will be in RI and CT the first week in Nov so hope the colors are there as well. Great shots of the mallards and good reason to always have the camera along, as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful day you captured! The colors are stunning around here now too. I plan to get in the garden a bit today...we have a frost/freeze arriving tonight so I need to cover a few things. It always arrives before we are ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb photos Grace! The flyers and their reflections were outstanding :)

    ReplyDelete