Sunday, October 20, 2013

~~~Not Time Yet~~~



On a daily bases all summer, and even today you can see the Clouded and Unclouded Sulphur butterflies flitting about in the garden and especially the fields near by !!
I believe it will all be coming to an end for them soon as the temps start to cool , the days get shorter, and flowers no longer bloom, they will be the migration trail!!
I am not going to ID any of then as there are so many different ones, with just a hint of difference!!















This is one a don't see so often as the above ones, and I could never get close enough for a shot, so 
this is so cropped, but it is one of the orange clouded, the others
 as you can see are the yellow!!
Maine has at least 7 butterflies that fall into this category!!



24 comments:

  1. Hi Grace I loveall the butterflies adn you managed great shots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Grace............it is here, i saw today what will the last butterfly for me this year, as you said its getting colder....its been a good year for them over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter... Had a surprise frost last night...so ya getting there!!

      Delete
  3. often overlooked for the 'brighter' butterflies, but they are beautiful just the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures.These little guys are so fast that I am having a terrible time getting a decent shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth... I am finding that now that it is colder they don't get away as fast :))

      Delete
  5. Butterflies are hard to photograph. You did well here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John.... for sure , I'm getting to old to run!! : )

      Delete
  6. You have make beautiful butterflies photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  7. You caught the Clouded Yellow, that's what we called it in England. Beautiful butterflies Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob... Ya , the field is full of them!! : )

      Delete
  8. I love your cropped picture! This butterfly looks different and special; would love to see it...
    There has been frost last night and I don't think I will see these butterflies till next spring now. Have a wonderful week!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise... I hope to get it better next summer, but even with a frost last night the yellows are out and about!!

      Delete
  9. Good morning Grace! These pretty butterflies make for gorgeous photos :). Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all beautiful to see Grace... love your pics.
    It's cold and very wet here and the last of my bedding plants are dying off the butterfly days are over for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew... My potted plant in the garden where hit by a good frost last night , but the sun is warm and the plants seem to be okay!! : ) Hope your weather get better!! : )

      Delete
  11. We still have some pink edged sulphers flying around up here in Cape Breton! E-mail me so I can send you a link for a pouch for your phone when I find just the right one!! ksroy54 (at) hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete