Monday, May 20, 2013

~~Will I Ever Catch Up~~~



Will I ever catch up??? ...good questions I ask myself everyday!!  Do I really care??..yes and no !!
Where I was going with that I 'm not sure, but I want to get some posting done so I am going for another round ...#? !!!
Some photos from a local walking, bicycling  trail, which I have never walked before!!  My friend Debra asked if I would walk there with her so I did, and did not take my camera!!  She felt that we wouldn't get a good workout if I had my camera along (which of course she was right : ) )!!
The second time we went I took my camera : ), and she got twice the workout , because when I stopped to take photo's she kept walking, and would walk back to meet me again ; ) !!  Worked for me!!
Anyway!!
It is a well maintained trial, and used by many !!
Bikers, joggers, and Mom pushing baby stroller!! 

IT follows along the river for about a quarter of  the trail length!!


This was  about two weeks ago, and what a change since then !!



I loved the way the fencing made these shadows!!

This is my friend Debra....or maybe not if she gets wind of this  ; )!!
She shouldn't be upset ..at least I cropped out her butt : ) !!





At one time years ago a Paper Mill was at this spot!!  Some of the foundations is still there !
The dam broke through a year ago this spring , and because of that the water levels up river
 have dropped about 3 feet or more !!  
This is the same river that runs by where I live, and we can't find out if it will be ever put back !!
It has effected so much  wildlife that was in and along the river !
I am going to do some digging into what's up with that...well if I ever get to it!!

It is a lovely place to walk , and nice for the community, but for me I would just as soon 
walk a trail less traveled   : )



A little PS
Google has been goofing up on me so I haven't got to all comments!!
I will be around ...if I ever catch up!!  : )))

13 comments:

  1. Looks a nice walk and lots of very nice scenes GG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost hear the water flow over the old paper mill foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace...looks like a nice (easy!) walking trail with lots of photo opportunities...although it's popularity could be a bit of a pain.

    Have fun with your catching up!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the trillium. and great shadow shots from the railing. loved the creeks, too. and your friend is a dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roy...I wish there had been some birds though : )


    Thanks John...It does sound lovely, and I like the way you put that : )


    Thanks Trevor...Ya I wanted to see some birds, but I suppose the excited yelling of children put a stop to that!! : )


    Thanks Teresa... Ya Deb's is a keeper!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, your bike trail sounds just like the trail we have here. It is nice to follow along the river. The scenery is pretty and the flowers are beautiful. Wishing you a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful trail,obviously. I do agree with you that I would sooner be at a place with less people,but we have to take what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a "true friend" to crop out debra's butt!!

    looks like a GREAT place to bike or walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can just smell spring in the air. You are a great friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace it's easy to catch up. Just forget that you got behind and start again from now.
    I good set of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not sure what is happening with Blogger, Google, seem to be quite contrary lately. Gremlins. I thought I already had you on my blogger list but seems not. Love this post, the walk looks very lovely and I love the finale photo plant with dark red flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a very nice walking trail, but I like the road less traveled too. I'm not sure I would have been able to set out for a walk without at least my little camera in my pocket--I would have hid it from Debra! I always know if I don't have a camera the best photo op ever is going to pop up. Guess it's all about compromise, since everyone's idea of a good walk is different.

    Adrian is right, Grace. There's always going to be photos you don't get posted, and maybe the perfect opportunity will come along in the future. I have so many that would make wonderful posts, but like you there's just not enough time. I know that I will never catch up, and not just with photo posting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will I ever catch up? Tell me about it GG.

    ReplyDelete