Saturday, May 11, 2013

~~~Warbler and More Yellow!~~~


Another one of the the migrating warblers is the Yellow-Rumped  Warbler,also another one of my river side sightings!!
It is one of the larger of the warblers,but his feeding habits are different then other because he is not only an insect eater, but will forage on fruits when other food is not available!!
When I checked on some facts about the YRW I found that there was two classification, the Myrtle and the Audubon.   The one I would see here is the Myrtle which has the white throat, the other having a yellow throat!!  Learn something everyday !!

Yellow Rumped Warbler  (Myrtle)

He moves quick!!

More yellow ..a  Forsythia bush growing wild where a house used to be near the river!!

It just wouldn't give me a shot of his bright yellow rump!!

"No" not going to see my butt!!

Great time of year for yellow...the Pussy willow blossoms have put on a real colorful  display this year !

Sorry lady I don't trust you ,I'm not turning my back!!

The Dog Toothed Violet...Or Yellow Trout Lily !! 
Confusing huh...violets and lilies??  It sure beats saying ....oh look there I see a 
Erythronium americanum :  )
 These are one of my favorite yellow Spring wild flowers ! 
My sister and I picked big bouquets of them for my Mom for Mothers Day !

Well back at home my Forsythia bush or maybe I should say a couple of branches lol
is blooming, but a far cry from the beauty of a bush growing at the river
 with no one taking care of it !!

22 comments:

  1. love the forsythia. and you get to see butter butts in their full breeding finery! only time i see them is in their much more muted tones of winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I was just off to search for Tampermonkey code when I got waylaid by your post.
    Glad I did a wonderful little bird. Personally I'm glad it had a bit of decorum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, I love your cute YR Warbler. You got some great shots too. The forsythia and trout lilies are pretty. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, das sind ganz grossartige Fotoimpressionen. Mein grosses Kompliment...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace... I've just managed to get around to reading your latest posts and you've captured some excellent images of your colourful migrating visitors and the awakening, after the long winter, of the trees and flowers.

    I really enjoy this time of year as the drab of winter slowly gives way to the colour of summer...[;o)

    btw, did you see my birthday post?...blogger has been playing up again!!...{:o(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Grace,
    What a nice post; the Yellow Rumped Warbler is one of my favorite too. This warbler is one of the first warbler I saw when I started observing birds with my husband, many, many years ago. Your pictures are great, we can see it on almost all sides! :)
    You are right about the color yellow being a popular color in springtime, it's true.
    Thanks for the nice comments on my last post, I enjoyed them.
    Have a great weekend,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find Warblers hard to photograph,because they seldom sit still for very long.Despite this fact,you got good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great the Yellow rumped Warbler, the way that sounds. Cheers Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw the picture of the Forsythia, I said to myself I had never seen them grow in the wild like that, then I read the caption. My grandmother had a huge Forsythia in her yard. Love it!
    Cute little Yellow rumped Warbler! They are hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  10. he's a beauty, mine look different!!

    what a gorgeous blue sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forsythia growing wild and pussy willows, ground lilies and a warbler. What great Mothers Day gifts.
    I have had a golden warbler for the first time on our farm and he has hung about for a week. I am crossing my fingers that he may linger longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Theresa...: )


    Thanks Adrian....Glad you had a division with my post ; ) and that you enjoyed!! : )

    Thanks Eileen...: )

    Thanks Karen...: )

    Thanks You Hans...: )


    Thanks Trevor...see that..getting older and slowing down !! : )
    I'm on my way over ! No I didn't get it !

    Thanks Louise,for your nice comment
    we seem to have a lot of the same things in our areas in common!! : )


    Thanks Ruth...: )


    Thanks Bob...: )


    Thanks Kathryn... : ) they sure brighten up Spring !
    I take it you have the same
    Warbler : )

    Thanks Debbie...Maybe you have the Audubon YRW , with the yellow throat instead of white!!
    Ya that is a pretty sky...thanks for noticing!!: )

    Thanks Arija..Aww thanks it is isn't it : )!!
    Hope your warbler sticks around!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos ! What a cheeky little birdie lol ! Thanks for sharing. Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really looking like spring now. The flowers are beauties- haven't seen them around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi again Grace, Another pretty little warbler I'm enjoying all the yellow, it's my favourite colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post Grace. That sure is a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yellow seems quite a contrasting colour on that bird. Very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Elaine...: )


    Thanks John...you should be seeing them soon : )


    Thanks Jan..Glad you enjoyed!! : )

    Thanks Keith... Had to keep up with they are!! : )

    Thanks Roy.. Yes, it is and when he flies his back rump is bright yellow!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love warblers and see so few.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photos of the YRW. We also call them "butter-butts! We get the Audubon's variety here in AZ, but once in awhile a stray Myrtle shows up. I love the forsythia.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Mary... I would like to see more.. : )

    Thanks Katie... : )

    ReplyDelete