Friday, May 24, 2013

~~~"The Cute Yella-Fella" ~~~


For me there is not a more exciting month in nature than the month of May!!  
Migrating birds arrive and fill the air with happy song, and I am excited as if I have never seen or heard them before!!
Flowering fruit trees, unfurling leaves of all shapes , in a range of soft greens, yellows,and red hues like patchwork spattering  the country side!!
Wild flowers appear out of the earth where there seemed to be nothing yesterday !!
It all is happening behind the scene, and suddenly wow when did that happen !!
 
I saw a little quote once by Robin Williams the comedian and actor, I think it went something like this ..."Spring is natures way of saying "Let's Party"!  I can just see him saying that ; )!

May rolls on way to fast though so I have been trying to take in all I can!!  
Or weather has been very cooperative until Tuesday when it staring raining and it has been raining and threatening rain every since !!
So I am glad I have gotten some photos to share before all that happened!!

On the 19th I took a walk in the opposite direction of the river in hopes of seeing some birds I hadn't already seen , and wasn't disappointed !!

"Yellow Warbler"
A little flash of yellow was moving quickly through underbrush,making it pretty difficult to 
get a shot without branches in the way, and 
I really wasn't sure if it was the Yellow W. until I downloaded!!

A "Peek-boo" shot!! 



Wish this had been clear, I love his look!!



On the 20th mid evening I was in the back yard getting photo's of the apple blossoms
an what do you suppose.."Yup" a Yellow Warbler!!

It seems this happens with me often  : ) !!
I can always use the walk though !!

So adorable and showy in those apple blossoms!!


I must have watched it weave through the branches for about 30 minutes!


My favorite...he is just handsome!!

Sure hope you all have a dry weekend , because it's looking like I won't be!!


24 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos ! We have a Yellow Warbler her to he is the new bird of the yard this year ! It had been looking like rain here but always missed us till last night and this morning when we woke it was cloudy and quite chilly , we have gone from using the AC to the furnace . The weather has been so up and down here ! I just hope all my flowers we planted last weekend do ok in this chilly air ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good long weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bird!
    May is normally such a great month, with the promise of summer just around the corner, however, we are suffering temperatures in single digits and hail!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images with a super background GG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace...I'm at a loss for words.

    These are all a bit smudgy. Get a decent camera or give your lens a polish.

    Most of all keep on posting cos blurry or not I can tell I haven't seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, beautiful shots of the Yellow Warbler. May is a beautiful month...full of pretty flowers and migrating birds. I love the Robin William's quote. I hope you have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way this little yellow bird plays 'peek a boo' with you in the Apple Blossom. Yes, the last shot is the best. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are just awesome! warblers flit and hide in the leaves! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!! The warbler among the blossoms is just amazing. What a blessing to have this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi grammie, WOW! Those are great photosTake care. I really enjoyed them so colorful and the flowers are real nice. I want to plant something like that on my remote property and see howthey do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, that was time solo well spent! The combination of your apple tree in full bloom and a yellow warbler would have had me rooted to the spot for much longer.
    I think when we get to a certain age, the months flit by like days used to, a pity, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Elaine....Enjoy your
    Warbler!! : )

    Thanks John...Very strange the weather everywhere!! : )

    Thanks Roy...see I can do that
    to ; )


    Thanks Adrian ...Your are just to much ... I'll keep shooting from the hip while you wrestle Bertha onto a picnic table ; ) hahaha!!


    Thanks Eileen ...Hope you have a great Memorial day weekend too!: )


    Thanks Margaret.. : )

    Thanks Teresa... : )


    Thanks Ruth.. : )

    Thanks John...Glad you stopped by!! : )


    Thanks Arija...Your sweet : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures just scream SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last shot is award winning. You did a great job on capturing their antics. But the last on is my favorite. Enjoy these exciting days of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. handsome indeed; what a treat seeing this bird close enough to photograph Grace; I just love it too and sitting in the apple blossom branches, you could hardly ask for more

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent shots Grace!!! I love them all...
    Here its not raining this weekend we had that last weekend, but now its quite COOL for the end of may going to 44 thats a bit nippy for some of my plants..
    A HUGE tree limb fell in my back yard its the size of a medium Tree! SO I have had to change my plans I will be sawing this thing up in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace,

    What a lovely yellow fellow! I love the way you describe the month of May; you're so right...
    The yellow warblers you photographed are just gorgeous especially in the blooming apple tree. The last one is also my favorite, perfect as you say.
    We had rain almost all week long. Today is a very windy day and cold, only 14'C (58'F)... Compare to last year it is freezing!!!
    Oh well, there's not much we can do about that... I'm sure the warm weather will be back soon and will make us forget about that.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little "yella fella" is so cute. The photos among the apple blossom are especially beautiful - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW grace, these are really amazing, especially those with the pretty pink flowers!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, he is a fabulous looking bird, well taken Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about all your rain Grace - join the club. I remember those lovely little yellow things with their red streaky bits so thanks for reminding me how special they are. Hope your party goes well and what time do I need to be there? Can't bring a bottle I'm afraid - not allowed on the plane. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We don't get to see these colorful photos as often as I would like, so your post was great to see, Grace. We had only 1 day of rain, but a couple of very windy ones and very chilly temps as well. But, not complaining at all after watching news videos of weather events all over the country. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love warblers and wish I saw more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a setting for the yella fella!

    ReplyDelete