Recently I watched the Black Eyed Junco come onto the deck . He had the whole place to himself, so he was in heaven with all this food !! The Junco will not eat the black oil seed ,they like those little round seeds in the mix! I watched him eat by rolling the seeds around in his mouth to crack the shell, and he didn't move at all from this spot, just kept eat!!
Wow look at all the seeds!!
I'll just eat as much as I want !!
Oh ..I don't feel so great ..I must have ate to much !
Do I look bloated??
"Gag"!!
Pardon me, I thought I was going to lose
it there !! : )
A great post to accompany my breakfast.
ReplyDeleteThe little round seeds are Millet. He is one of the few birds I've seen eating them.
Such a sweetheart! Feed him well so he'll be strong for his journey back north in a few months. I'm looking forward to seeing them again come spring!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace...That's exactly how I feel when I sit in the middle of my dinner plate!!..lol...[;o)
ReplyDeleteThey eat the millet seed here too. His was one happy Junco all that food for himself. Cute shots, Grace!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of a lovely little bird Grace! I have been lucky enough to see one of this little beauties this side of the pond, great bird!
ReplyDeleteJ
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
Grace, we get a lot of these little birds at our feeder and they congregate in the crepe myrtle trees waiting for refills.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute. Around here some people don't like the Juncos,but I love seeing and hearing them.
ReplyDeleteYou have to rename him "Mr. Greedy".
ReplyDeleteI love the little Juncos, they must be the ones eating the millet in my mix because the other birds don't seem to eat it. Great photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian...You didn't eat to much breakfast did you ..a good walk will take care of that ; )!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine..Ya he will be well feed and ready to visit you come spring! : )
Thanks Trevor..I should not be drink coffee when I read your comments, your one liners are great...gag!! ; )
Thanks Eileen...they are
cutie's : }
Thanks John..nice that you have seen one..Some people say that they bring bad weather haha..The weather does what it wants ; )
Thanks B...ya they seem to like low brush, and seem to appear out of nowhere : )
Thanks Ruth...Ya some people always say that the come around when the weather is going to be stormy, I say because they are hungry : }
Thanks Roy..or perhaps
Miss Piggy ; )...it might be a female : ))
Thanks Terry...I love having them around so I broke down and bought, mixed seed ...there are Tree Sparrows around and they like
it to !! : ) !!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei don't think the link i put in worked, besides, some folks don't like links in their comments so i deleted it.
ReplyDeleteanyway, i really think you should start linking in to some of the bird memes. this really is too cute and made me laugh!
Hello Grace,
ReplyDeleteFirst thing, I love your new header with this beautiful picture of the redpoll.
This series is cute; I love watching juncos and you described these pictures very well and with a bit of humor that I like.
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog, I always appreciate when you write to me.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Louise
hehe grace, what pigs they can be!!
ReplyDeleteput out a little dish of water for them, they really appreciate it in winter!
i get them here and they are so cute. you captured a lot of detail in these close-ups!!
Great set of shots Grace.
ReplyDeleteI know just how he feels lol
Your bird conversation are so funny.
ReplyDeleteHe thought he was in bird heaven with all that food...looks like maybe he needs a nap now....
ReplyDeleteGreat shots...I love all the wonderful pictures of birds that you share with us...
That is one cute bird - I especially love the third photo.
ReplyDeleteVery cute...and fluffy! They do like to just sit in one spot and stuff themselves. I've had a lot of them this winter and the colors seem more rich....really dark males and really brown females. I bought a new type of finch food recently and they seem to really like it. Their bills aren't designed to crack the sunflower seeds. Do you find that anything eats those red milo seeds? It seems to be such a waste.
ReplyDeleteNice pictures of Dark-eyed Junco, a bird I haven't seen yet. Don't know if it is observed here in Norway.
ReplyDeleteOttar
Grand pictures of the little junco Grace. I didn't know they didn't like the sunflower seeds.
ReplyDeleteThats how I felt after eating carrot cake! Sweet shots Grace.
ReplyDeleteHey, only a little (not really) I like to embellish my stories!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty little bird.
ReplyDeleteLOL ! Nice photos ! I like these little guys they are so cute ! They are a winter bird for us here ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteI always love Dark-eyed juncos! We get so many varieties here in AZ but I do love the typical slate-colored subspecies the best! Cute pics! He does look a bit inflated though! LOL!
ReplyDelete