Monday, January 28, 2013

~~~A Fox Has To Eat Too~~

I started out onto the deck to fill the bird feeders for the next morning, and I stopped short when I saw a Fox
near the woods chasing a Gray Squirrel !!  It was starting to get dusky, but I got the camera anyway and tried to get some photos, going from window to window working around tree's and window frames!!
I managed a lot of trash ones; these I have here are the best out of 30 shots!! : )
If you don't really like seeing the food chain kind of things then don't go any further..no blood though ; }!!


He had caught the squirrel,and was just hanging on for awhile!!

He finally dragged it to this side of the tree ..a better view closer to get photos!!





After having a bit of a snack he got a good hold, and dragged it of into the woods!!


I am having a miserable time with blogger chrome , in commenting and getting into posts
everything is slooooow ....sooo you will know why I may not be commenting on your posts!!

26 comments:

  1. these are great shots! i understand nature's way, and at least that squirrel is not wasted.

    chrome ran slowly for me for about 2 days after installing it. then it sped up like crazy! hope yours works out whatever is bogging it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese are great shots of the action. Now if he had caught a bird,I might be upset,but squirrels,well,that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an experience! Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool series of shots. Hopefully we remain at the top of the food chain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to catch on camera. Knock on wood, but I haven't been having any problems with blogger and I use chrome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what great shots you've done, lovely fox who, as you said, has to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool shots of the fox, what a sighting! I am using Firefox and have had no problems. Knock on wood! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you say a fox has to eat as well GG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well girley, you aren't having any trouble leaving comments for this girl.....that bird was NOT frozen, he was posing for me!! hehe

    the circle of life, i get it. poor squirrel baby but one less for the "closeline" i guess!!

    it looks like he's laughing at you, running from window to window! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Teresa...chrome seems to be better this morning..: )

    Thanks Ruth..The Squirrels are so pesky, ya maybe a bird would bother me to!! : )

    Thanks Kathryn ..Never a dull moment here!! : )

    Thanks Al..haha yes hopefully!! ; )


    Thanks Terry...Not having a big problem this morning like it
    was : )

    Thanks Adrian..Love your one liners. ; )

    Thanks so much Bob..that Fox was quick!! : )


    Hi Eileen...I think it is on the mend,seem better today!
    Never a dull moment here : )


    Thanks Roy...Yup, and it was cool to see it happen, man is the Fox quick..Squirrel should have ran up the tree : )


    OH Debbie..lol I love giving you a hard time, I know you can give it back ; )
    Thanks..and one less for the clothes line ; )Yup!!


    ReplyDelete
  11. Great captures Grace and yes, it might not always be pleasant but all creatures do have to eat.

    I don't think you can beat Firefox, I did try Chrome but much prefer Firefox, very quick too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace. Lovely views of the 'natural' food chain.

    Personally I've stuck with Firefox .. no problems so far.

    BTW .. Sory I haven't been over for a while but all is well here.

    Cheers FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an interesting sight. I've seen foxes around here but have never seen one with prey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess they call it "Nature In The Raw" Grace, and it's not for the squeamish as you say. I looked in hoping to make a few bum comments but on this occasion can't fault your pictures or commentary. I'll try on another page. By the way my sun tan is pretty intense and I must say my timing was immaculate in missing two weeks of almost Maine weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting "catch" ... for you on the camera! Not everyday one sees something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Jan...: )


    Thanks Frank...: )

    Thanks Jean...Just one of those lucky finds ; )

    Thanks Phil...you at a loss of bum comments?? ; )
    Thanks for the comment on the Creeper too..yes in my backyard!


    Thanks Elaine...there is always something going on in my
    backyard ; )!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Ive got lots of potential fox food here in my yard...still I hate to see them get attacked..:o(

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! Very cool Grace. It is many times a wonderful thing to be at the right place at the right time. Great shots.

    Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky you. I have only seen one in my yard once. I am not sentimental about nature as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome captures! Sorry for the squirrel but as you say, everyone's gotta eat. Just yesterday a red-shouldered hawk swooped down and took one of my mourning doves. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have had a sharpshin hawk hanging around very near the bird feeders. It's very unsettling when there are no birds hanging around and then we check and see the hawk sitting in the tree very near the feeders. Last week he sat atop the shepherd's hook pole holding 2 feeders. I watched a hawk catch a male cardinal last year and it was very unsettling so I chase this one off every chance I get.
    Sorry the squirrel met his demise, but they are not my favorite critters.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely part of nature. We see them hunting in our yard a lot, but haven't seen one catch a squirrel. Course in winter our squirrels are all holed up, waiting for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well captured, the "cruel" nature.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...I missed this post! How neat to see a fox that close and get good photos. I feel sorry for the squirrel, but foxes are hungry, too.

    ReplyDelete