As I look at these I feel bad for taking photos of these birds as they battle the wind, and snow, but this is the way it is ...not always perfect, and pretty!!
You can tell of course these are all taken through the window as you see in this first one I wanted to show how high the snow drift was on my deck!! The birds must have been thinking I don't remember a hill being here?? : )
I threw handfuls of seeds out through a small opening of the door!!
Then a gust of wind ..poor little guys!!
American Goldfinch
Got the seed, but can't keep my feet on the ground!!
Tree Sparrow!
Just brutal it was!!
Mourning Dove!!
"White out"!!
Trying to keep the feet on the ground!!
"Tree Sparrow"
A view across the back yard !!
Hopefully I can get back on track here, and finish up the storm photo so as not to bore you all to death!!
I am having problems with leaving comments again, so I haven't forgotten some of you!!
Some of you it won't let me post a comment at all ?????
oh, such sweet beauties! i know they were grateful for the seeds you threw them!
ReplyDeleteI really feel for these birds in this weather. It's good that you and some people remember them whilst they struggle.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine a world without birds and their song.
Wind battered but fed by a kind heart :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the comments I read that people that are using Google chrome are having problems with websites that they have visited in the past and it red flags them all of a sudden and they cant connect ,it's a glitch in Google chrome's filtering . Wonderful photos . Today our poor little birdies are being tossed around in their trees and the winds are just howling out there and it is a mixed bag of weather today ! I filled my feeders up for them yesterday as I knew the weather was to be YUKKY today ! Have a good day and stay cozy !
ReplyDeleteAll these pictures are lovely Gracie, especially your header.
ReplyDeleteOh those sweet little birds and they are so beautiful.....I know they were so appreciative of the seeds you gave them....I am amazed there were so many.....
ReplyDeleteFrom the looks of your back yard, you really had lots of snow...Stay warm...
From the inside looking out .... It looks so cold out there but what wonderful captures.
ReplyDelete"Adelaide and Beyond"
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteCrikey, that looks pretty bleak there! Hopefully, with the food that you are putting out the birds will make it through the winter.
Love the Goldfinch 'jumping' with joy over getting something to eat!
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
It's super when you can see and photograph birds through your window!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and so very interesting to see how the birds at your place cope with the snow storms and wind. My local birds simply disappear during the worst of the tropical storms - but I guess they know it won't last for much more than a day or so.
ReplyDeleteGreat sequence!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteWow,that is some storm. At least the birds know where the food is.
ReplyDeleteNice photos and a great post for WBW!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, you did have a lot of snow and the wind must be terrible. Poor birdies. I know they appreciate you feeding them. Cute birds and photos, Grace!
ReplyDeleteoh grace i know how you feel, i always worry about my birds during a storm and especially in the snow. it's wonderful that you feed them, it's so hard for them to find food when it snows.
ReplyDeleteyou got some great images, nice and clear, i think i can see them smiling ;)))
Thanks Teresa. : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Keith..my favorite hobby : }, feeding the birds!!
Thanks Denise : )
Thanks Elaine..and for the heads up : }
Thanks Deb's..: }
Thanks Nancy..ya they like Gracie restaurant !! : }
Thanks Dianne..: )
Thanks John... right it might have been jumping for joy!! : )
Thanks Camera Girl : )
Thanks Mick... : }
Thanks Gary.. : }
Thanks Ruth...looks like you get some good ones too ; }
Thanks Hans.. : )
Thanks Eileen...It was wild!! : )
Thanks Debbie.. Anything is possible ; )
You took some good shots under the circumstances GG and those poor birds had a lot to put up with as well as yourself. Horrible weather.
ReplyDeleteThanks you Roy...ya is was wild ,snow blowing on the windows,didn't make it easy!! : )
ReplyDeleteWhat a storm! The little one with its feet flying is so cute. Glad he was well fed!
ReplyDeleteThese are some really great shots! I liked this post very much.
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com
Poor little things -- a least they're getting fed thanks to you. The pictures are lovely -- very evocative; I can almost feel what it would be like. I hope things are warming up a bit for you.
ReplyDeleteTough little guys. Great series of photos.
ReplyDeleteIt looks horrendous for the poor birds...you are a hero feeding them.
ReplyDeleteSwirling winds and snow, it must be atrocious, especially the birds.
ReplyDeleteHey you got some good piccies there Grace despite the little snow flurry. Of course when that snow clears you are just going to have to get out there and brush up all that soggy mess of stuff that sunk to the bottom and got stuck. Then when spring comes the old paint brush will have to come out again but at least all that work will keep you out of mischief. Keep snapping away friend.
ReplyDeleteThat does look cold! Great set of pictures.
ReplyDeleteHope you get the link worked out - but don't loose any sleep over it!
Cheers
Stewart M - Melbourne
Hi Grace...Wow! horrible conditions you had (you're having?) there, it makes our four inches of country stopping snow look tame!!
ReplyDeleteAnd those poor birds have to struggle to find food every day, let's hope with your help they all make it through to the better weather. Excellent post.
Stay safe (and warm!)...[;o)
Poor birds, they struggled here too in the recent snow. It's amazing that such delicate little things survive such conditions! Great captures Grace :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks S&J...: )
ReplyDeleteThanks Gina..glad you liked!! : )
Thanks Sallie...: )
Thanks John... : )
Thanks Adrian...Warmer now had rain.. : )
Thanks Bob..: )
Gee thanks Phil...always bringing up my paint job aren't you
lol!! : )
Thanks Stewart...I think I have it figured out! : )
Thanks Trevor...It rained last night so at least not snow this time!! : )
Thanks Jan...amazing is right : )
BRRRRR! I am so glad you were feeding them!
ReplyDelete