The House Finch was able to sit and chew away at a seed !!
The Mourning Doves where still heading into the wind, but very little snow blowing !!
In the front yard the wind had swirled the snow from around this tree !!
Amazing to me !!
I few more Bluebirds ..yes I love them ; )!!
Love the expression on his face!!
The winds made this pattern in the back lawn!!
I was finally able to shovel a path out to the feeders, and this is not throw on top
to the sides!! I shoveled straight ahead out over the deck!
The drift was about 3 feet at it's deepest!!
Strangely enough my side deck entrance was absolutely bare of snow ..go figure!!
I put down seed on the shovel area, and this is a Junco!
He looks like he is in tunnel : )
Well of course I had to go out the next day and shovel that snow of the deck!!
Thank goodness it was a light and dry snow!!
I know it must be a real pain for you but I would love dry snow like this.
ReplyDeleteI suspect you like it too. I hope it departs without turning grey and horrible.
It is amazing how the wind can make such pretty patterns with the snow. The little Bluebird does not look at all impressed with the weather.
ReplyDeleteyou have your very own 'mad bluebird'. so cute!
ReplyDeleteYour birds I know are glad to have you. It's good for them to know the buffet is always open.
ReplyDeleteLove your little bluebird photo. May I copy and paste it, to send to my son? He's always looking for ideas to paint and he may like this one!
ReplyDeleteLovely things those Bluebirds GG.
ReplyDeleteWhats a good clip.{:)) ?
Hi Grace, The little Bluebird is so sweet. I love the way it's looking straight st the camera with that grumpy, fed up expression...and who could blame it in that weather...of course it could have been cross about you pointing a camera at it ;-) I love the House Finch photo too.
ReplyDeleteWhen you said blizzard you meant it didn't you....The wind certainly had fun making designs in your yard.....I have never seen it blow around a tree like that....
ReplyDeleteThat little bluebird is so cute but looks so mad....
Wonderful images Grace... sorry I haven't been by for a while but I am trying to catch up.
ReplyDeleteUnder the knife next week for knee surgery so hopefully out and about a bit more soon.
Great shots of all your birds! That Bluebird sure makes a nice contrast with the snow.
ReplyDeleteGrace, wonderful shots of your birds. I love the bluebird, very pretty. I think even the birds are looking forward to Spring. The shot of the snow around the tree does look neat. Great capture. Stay warm and hope the rest of your week is great!
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian...we had rain last night and it looks like you said ; )
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth..No he doesn't : )
Thanks Teresa...Love his mad face : )
Thanks Larry...great enjoyment! : )
Thanks Muffy....Yes you may..let me know if he likes it!! : }r
Thanks Roy...The are adorable : )
ReplyDeleteA good clip...swiftly high speed, are you kidding me,..look up the clipper ships in Wikipedia if you don't know you English history !! LOL ; )
Thanks Jan...I have so many cuties, but love those Bluebirds!! : )
Thanks Nancy .. I have seen this before, but is odd!! : )
Thanks Andrew..Good luck with that knee! : )
Thanks Wally..and for coming
by! :}
Thanks Eileen ...you too! : }
That wind swirling around the tree is something unique.
ReplyDeleteLove the shots of the birds.
I am enjoying this series of photos and am very impressed with you shoveling snow as that must be no easy task. I like Grumpy Bluebird.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, I'm glad you managed to tunnel your way out through that snow!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of images, the Bluebird sitting in it's 'summer house' looks really grumpy and fed up or maybe, looking at it's shape, it's feeling a bit sick after eating all the food!!
Stay safe, and warm!!...[;o)
Only Americans know about English History.{:))
ReplyDeleteThanks Haddock.. And for stopping by! : }
ReplyDeleteThanks John..in Maine you have got to shovel, it part of growing up haha!! : }
Thanks Trevor...I'm still working on those summer house plans
for ya haha : )
Hey Roy...Probably should study about old Englishmen's ways too ; )
WHOA! A three-foot-high drift is a lot of snow! I love bluebirds too and am eagerly awaiting their return to Ontario.
ReplyDeleteThat expression on your bluebird is a hoot, such darling little birds. Loved all your snow photos, still no snow here to speak of. We've had dustings all winter and a few flakes but that's about it.
ReplyDeleteAwe such a good friend you are to all of these precious bird friends! love it all!
ReplyDeleteGrace, I am glad we don't get as much snow as you.
ReplyDeleteLike the photos though.
BBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Hi Grace, glad to see you tunneled a path on the deck to feed your friends and know they appreciate it. Perhaps if you threw out enough seed, they could peck through the snow...thet would be helpful. That bluebird shot really sums up his/her feelings doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for the advice Grace I will take my time and hopefully all will be OK.
ReplyDeleteHugs Andrew xx
Where do you live grace? I want to make sure I never move there!
ReplyDeleteYou got some beautiful images! Lucky you on the blue birds. We don't get them here!
Great pictures - very different to the view in my back yard!
ReplyDeleteStewart M - Australia
You've certainly had a lot of snow to deal with.
ReplyDeleteThat Bluebird stare is a cracker.
I must say I am glad I am missing out on all of this, though we did get 2" of snow last week!
ReplyDelete