Wednesday, May 9, 2012

~~Talking About The Weather~~

Yesterday was a lousy rainy day,and today is not much better except that is not as cold...45 yesterday 60 degree's today, and no wind!!
There is nothing more irritating to me then not being able to go outside and play in the garden ; }
The forecast is for periods of rain through Sunday : { !!

Speaking of irritated...the Mockingbird looks like he just might be...
at the least looking pretty down trodden!!  Poor thing!! : }

Mrs Cowbird didn't seem to mind ..she had the feeder to herself and she took full 
advantage of it!!

Pouring rain doesn't seem to faze her!!


Well enough complaining about the rain.  I have noticed that a lot of you are experience plenty of rain, and sick of it to!!

I shouldn't complain because it was sunny on Sunday and Monday ....I also had out of town relatives visit over the weekend then on Monday I made a homemade from scratch birthday cake ( pat myself on the back ; } ) for a good friend, so I didn't get out to enjoy the sun except for an hour window Sunday afternoon!!
I took a walk down near the river to see if any more Warblers had returned!!    I was excited to see 3 birds I had never seen before a Nashville Warbler , Northern Water Thrush, and a Eastern Meadowlark...I was able to get photo's good enough to ID them only.. unfortunately , but was a great addition to my list for eBird  along with the Brown Thrasher and the Yellow Warbler!!  I couldn't believe the birds that have come in so quick!!
Here are some of the photo's from that walk!!


Brown Thrasher...trying to sneak away from me!!




Back water of the river !!

Yellow Warbler!!

Unfolding new leaves!!

First butterfly I have had a chance to shot .."Mourning Cloak" !!

New Spring leaves with river in background !!


Just a note to say eyes are doing great ....get strained easily though ...time should take care of that! : }


14 comments:

  1. yay for eyes! :)

    love the soggy mockingbird. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the unfolding leaves photo. Blurred background makes it really stand out. Great use of depth of field. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your eyes are getting better. Your photos are still awesome always have been. The weather here has been off and on with rain and sun but the next few days they say will be sunny and warm WOOHOO ! Hope the rain lets up for you so you can get out and about. Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your eyes are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear your eyes are doing so well. Good vision makes everything so much better. Lovely spring shots--it's my favorite time of year. I love the shot of the Mockingbird! I've had days like that....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to get some new birds you haven't seen before GG, always nice to do that never mind photos.
    Rain, yes you are right, we are sick of it.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOWDY there...boy i know what you mean about sunshine..if I dont get it I get grumpy!!
    Great Birds in your post this time, and the new ones are a bonus eh? Great work on the B-day cake, its always fun to do something special for a friend. Take good care of your new eyes..a real blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Teresa : }


    Hey thanks John .. appreciate that!!


    Thanks Elaine...Yeah for your sunshine ...wish it was me! ; }


    Thanks Lois : }}


    Thanks Elaine.. : }


    Hey Roy thanks ..I just need a big longer lens to get some of those bird!! : }}


    Yo Sondra...glad I am not the only grump ; ]
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grace,
    Despite the rain, you are still getting some nice birds!
    Rain is becoming boring now, I have had my fill of it!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful images Grace you have some lovely birds in your garden.
    So pleased to hear your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is probably a good thing that it is raining - less sun strain on that eye! Your pictures didn't mind the rain either as they turned out well in deed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace, glad the eyes are feeling better and getting them outside if good for both of you and us too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the grumpy mockingbird :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad to hear about your eyes!! yay!!
    love the disheveled mockingbird...and all the other birds that showed up for you too...the unfolding new leaves are very cool!!

    hey...you can send some of that rain this way if it gets to be too much!!

    ReplyDelete