Thursday, May 31, 2012

~~~"Things With Wings"~~~ & "Updates"


 Today was my last day of eye drops, after my last eye surgery ...that seemed like forever!
Two weeks ago I had my last eye evaluation by my regular optometrists, picked out the frames for my prescription reading glasses..which I would not need if it wasn't for the astigmatism in my left eye ...grrrr,but I knew and expected that!!  Today I picked them up , I don't have to where them all the time , but it sure makes a differences reading!! Yeah that is over  : }}

The Raccoon has not been seen , so hopefully it has moved on, but my birds where not happy ,so I have found a way "I hope" to keep critter's of the feeders !! I'll update you on that one!! ; }
I haven't seen "the duck" again although I found out that a person in the community  had one that spent half the summer,a few years back  in a pond on there property!!
The Pileated woodpecker whom I said in a past post, I hadn't seen to get some photo's of until now, has landed on trees in the yard 4 or 5 times since  "go figure" : }

This coming weekend my youngest sister will be moving in with me for a month!! She met a guy online playing  games on Facebook , they hit it off and after 6 months of communication and visits , she will be moving  to Alabama which is his home!!  I am just a temporary stop for reasons stemming from her divorce!!

There you have the latest news updates on eye care, birds and critters, and the gossip rag!! ; }}}

Now to the things with wings....

I found this guy a week ago one cool morning!
He looked pretty chilly!!
I found it odd to see one this time of year,since I was thinking the
 Clearwinged Hummingbird Moth ,
which is usually not seen until the later summer months!

I looked the species  up and found that there is a early spring one called 
the "Snowberry Clearwing Hummingbird Moth"  (whew that's a mouthful)!!
It matches the description and the tell tale thing is the fuzzy yellow color , and five
 little dots,on his back,which look blue-purple here ,but are blue in the photos I saw !! 


 Bird-on-the-Wing  (fringed Palygala) ...doesn't it look like a bird..amazing!!
Two other times over the years I have found this wild flower growing near the woods in back ..
I was delighted to see it again!!


It is a very small trailing plant..the flowers are 3/4 of an inch across, and can be very easily overlooked!!

Ticked of Hummingbird...I was trying for a photo as he sat on his favorite branch ...

then a blackbird landed not far from him, and he did this tail flaring thing.. "tough guy" : }


Slightly failed Painted Lady !!

Red Winged Blackbird taking off ..love that red patch!!

This one I love...The Cabbage-White  just tootling along about it's business!!

Found a lovely White Violet to land on ...I love the look on this one!! : }

That's it from here ...hope your week is finishing of fine!!

20 comments:

  1. hooray for eye surgery 'doneness!' :)

    you got some great wings here. i like the tail flare on that hummingbird! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your eye surgery went well. Lots going on. Thanks for taking the time to share all these super photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely images Grace! The hummingbird is just adorable. I just love the cabbage white in flight, how did you do that? I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, thanks for the eye surgery updates, bet you are glad that's done with and now you can get back to taking photos to post for all of us to enjoy. My favorites today were that annoyed hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all your photos are awesome!! What a hoot to see that little moth.
    SO your sis has met someone online, yikes thats scary..hope it works out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful collection of images. I could't possibly pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read about the latest gossip from the big country "over there" :) and that red wingd blackbird was a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink flower GG and a butterfly in flight, real professional stuff.
    Will these new glasses help you spell 'proper' English now.{:)))???

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos! I love the ticked off hummingbird photos :-) That hummingbird moth is so beautiful. That is the same kind I see here, but haven't seen any yet this year. Lovely butterflies, too. Sounds like your life is very busy right now. Glad the eye surgery is all behind you and that you can see well again...yeah! Have fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Teresa..he was really ticked off!!

    Thanks so much Denise!!

    Thanks you Eileen ...I have the setting on action,250 lens and click, click,click and hope for a decent one LOL


    Thanks B ..Hummingbirds are pretty cute to watch if you can observer then other than the feeders!


    Thanks Sondra..ya.. my sis is a big girl now, so...you never know it seems this happens a lot now,and works out great ...hoping for her it is one of those!!
    Like that moth huh!!


    Thanks Ruth..


    Lasse..LOL on the gossip...
    Thanks ..the Redwing is lovely in flight!!



    Thanks Roy much appreciated..except for the proper English comment ; }
    I thought proper English etiquette is promptness in return communication! ; }


    Thanks Mary...busy , but I don't seem to make any progress : }
    Those Hummingbirds are so much fun to watch other than the feeders..I would like nothing more then to take long walks and take photos ...but life goes on!!
    Happy June!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your eye surgery went well...all the better to see the birds.....

    All of these shots are wonderful and I always enjoy coming for a visit and looking at your latest captures....

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have so many beautiful things all around you and you really appreciate nature!! how lucky we are that we take the time and enjoy the simple things!!

    well, i do enjoy your crap, you are one funny lady!! feel better, you don't want to miss anything!!

    have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy for you to be normal, well you can be normal, lol. I love the Hummingbird, it's nice to see them wagging its tail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace, I'm all behind!!! So have just enjoyed a big catch up. Starting from the furthest back....I loved the Pileated Woodpecker, what aa big boy he is! Then I was so sorry to read of the tragic passing of your neighbour. I remember when I was a child the same thing happened with the sixteen year old son of a very close neighbour...so very sad, such a waste of a young life.

    Then I really enjoyed the encounter with your duck visitor, what fun that was and great photos! And now I'm up to date :-) and so glad to find your eye surgery is all healed now and no more fiddling about with eye drops, great stuff! I do hope all goes well for your sister but like Sondra I find it a bit scary!! As you say though, it seems to happen a lot these days...and don't forget now you've given us the goss you have to keep us updated on how it turns out ;-)
    I love that Hummingbird Moth, what a beauty! I also love the Hummingbird, out of all the birds there are in the world it is the Hunningbird I most wish we had here, they are gorgeous!!! Good to see the Painted Lady too, we do have those here :-) Phew! I'm done! A great catchup with you Grace, always good to see your lovely photos. Take care....Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day all ...I AM the little sister.. I am so looking forward to spending some time with my sister...I hope to wander outside with her to my hearts content ...Please folks ..give the little sister some credit ...while it is a risk to move 1500 miles ..the road that takes me to AL. could also bring me back where I started ..and Grace FAILED to mention she has meet this man, as he traveled here and made the effort to know my family ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apologies for being a bit late in commenting Grace.. It's fantastic to hear everything went well.
    Hugs Drew xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A hummer at last. I was beginning to think you had something against the poor little creatures. Pleased to hear you are back to "normal" - is that just the eyes or everything?
    Here's today's special offer just for you Grace - you take will-i-am back and I'll throw in Paul McCartney for free.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay for your eyes!! :) nice to be finished with all that!

    LOVE all your winged things...especially the GREAT hummer shot!! so CUTE with his tail fanned out like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you have had a lot going on. I love the white butterfly on the white flower! I hope all goes well for your sister. Do you trust this guy? You hear so many stories of women being scammed by men online. I'm just sayin'! I'm sure you are looking out for her though. Alabama will be quite a change, especially if she has lived in ME all her life!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, guess I should have read the other comments FIRST! Glad to hear that you met Shelly's beau and that all is well. I wish you all the best! ( I have a little sister also so the protective big sister just leaks out sometimes!)

    On another note: I forgot to mention that I love the photo of the hummingbird with its tail flared!

    ReplyDelete