The Goldfinches have been singing to the top of there lungs the sweetest songs !! Song Sparrows, Bluebirds, Robins, House Finches and the long drawn out call of the Phoebe.....phoebe eeeeee !!
The bright colors of sunset and the Orange Flowering Quince add to the colorfulness!!!
Even some visitor's to the garden that make me leery, that are hanging around !!
Robin; keeping an eye out for a meal!!
Fiery Spring sunset!!
I imagine your tired of seeing my Viola's (Johnny Jump-Ups) ,but when my first ones I had years ago, that where just the deep purple, with the little yellow patch, they keep coming up all over the gardens even in the lawn , and now have swatches, and bits of different throw of colors from the original!!
I am fascinated by them ... I guess it doesn't much to entertain me ; }
Goldfinches have been ravenous, and eating me out of house and home: }}
I noticed the bird on the right top of the feeder with the stripped belly..there was two of them hanging out
with the Goldfinches.. Hummm!!
It is a Pine Siskin!! the first I have seen this year!!
Male House Finch in his showy coat!!
Flowering Quince...branches covered from stop to bottom with bright orange blossoms!!
Quite friendly Red Fox has been a daily visitor in the yard !!
Here I had startled him and he me ..ha ha...when I stepped out onto the deck he ran from under it
and into the edge of the field !
I guess he decided he better leave.. he headed out across the
field ..he really is a pretty fella,but I'm
just a little leery about him being around!!
Dandelions: you have to admit, or maybe not ..; } that they are so showy!! Then they turn into fluffy balls of seed and fly around get in your nose, and make you sneeze ; }
There he is early evening just before sunset watching me !!!
This post was supposed to be on a schedule day and time, yesterday morning!!!
Hmmmm...looks like I goofed up something ...nothing unusual!!! : }
Well since I am here I will let you know that all is coming along fine ....still swelling, blurriness, and discoloration , but a couple or more days and I will be back ....!!! : }}}
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteHope all is okay with you.
Love the quince.....I really like the flowers, they just stand out, don't they?
I had one in my last garden but as yet have not planted one here. Perhaps I should do something about that.
The fox is wonderful....I have a passion for them. When we first moved here, one would come to the conservatory door and peek in. He was magnificent. I miss him
Loved your photos ! Hope all goes well with the healing of your eye . The weather here is slowly getting better rainy today but thats ok the temps are to be hot in the days to come ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeletewow...spring is springing all over your place :-) Neat fox shots! Under the deck? Hmmmmmm....doesn't have a den under there does it?? I'd be a little leery about him, too. Bad enough fighting with the Raccoons and skunks.
ReplyDeleteI scheduled a post wrong the other day, too and realized it was because on their calendar they put Sunday at the end of the week instead of at the beginning! Duh! I hate when people do that.
ReplyDeleteLoved the fox.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images Grace the fox was so lovely to see.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased to hear all's going well after your op.
Take care xxx
fyi, my schedule option stopped working over a week ago. i have to manually post every morning... ugh!
ReplyDeleteloved your sunsets, blooms, blossoms, dandelions and FOX! so cool!!!
feel better soon!
You are surrounded by beauty. Yes,that is a Pine Siskin.
ReplyDeleteI don't get tired of those little old violas, they are so pretty. I once saw a gardening program whereby the flowers were pressed upon white fabric. There is a name for this but it has escaped me. I bought a little something in Harrogate this weekend which I planned to put into a little giveaway but I think you might like it... its relevant to your post here today. Send me your address Grammie and I will pop it into the post for you. Just a little get well prezzie My email can be obtained from my blog.
ReplyDeleteLucky you, to have a fox come through your very own back yard. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteHope the eye is as good as new ... SOON.
TTFN ...
This is beautiful series and I enjoyed the narrative but that last shot really grabbed me! Well sone!
ReplyDeleteThere is an array of color, from the birds, to the flowering bushes, and that sneaky red fox. I think he's up to something. Hope all is going well with your eye.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun images. Just love your little fox. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see all these lovely photos. Love the birds and the fox even though we should be wary. My post is about a visiting fox today.
ReplyDeleteHello Grace, I hope you are feeling better today! I enjoyed this post of birds and the cute fox. Very nice to have Pine Siskins at your feeders. I missed them this year. Beautiful sunset and lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, glad to read that you are healing well and know you are glad to have those sureries over and done with. Lovey photos today with the sunset being my favorite.
ReplyDeleteDeb..Having problem with the email contact on your blog...check your last post I left you a note!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful collection of photos! I too have lots of violas that reseed each year, sometimes in the oddest places. I do so admire their tenacity. I am never content to wait for them to reseed though and always seem to buy more for my pots. We have several foxes that live in our neighborhood. I've never seen them up close to the house, and they always seem to be on a mission as they pass through the yard. The most fun though is seeing them pounce on their prey. We've been seeing lots of voles this spring, so I'm hoping the foxes will be out hunting. Hopefully you've fully recovered from your surgery and are up and running full tilt again.
ReplyDeleteHello Grace,
ReplyDeleteVery nice and interestiong post. I love the way you describe things; your sense of humour is great.
Nice birds, I think you are right about the one in your feeder being a Pine Siskin. Beautiful shot!
I understand when you say that you are fascinated by the Johnny Jump-Ups. I have some too and I'm always amazed by them although mine remain violet...
I hope your eye will continue to heal well so that you can show us more of the nice pictures you take!
Have a great day,
Louise
Lots of great images here GG.
ReplyDeleteReally good ones of Mr Fox.
Pretty good to see again isn't it. Hope you are fine
ReplyDeletePopey
I would really be happy to see so many things in my backyard, but that's never gonna happen. Beautiful collection of pictures and I love the robin and the fox...
ReplyDeleteHi grammie, really great photos, I do enjoy seeing them. Keepum coming.
ReplyDeletehi grammie, since you are on the mend, i will not point out your spelling errors from "stop" to bottom. so sorry, i just could not resist!! truth be told, i could not find anything else to bust you about!! (i hope no one sees what i wrote) hehe
ReplyDeleteso on with all the nice-ities, your photo's are beautiful, the fox is adorable but the image of the daffodils is stunning!!
Wow, lots of nice birds and foxes and flowers around you! Great post!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are feeling better and are on the mend! I love all the bird activity around your house! You know, one easy way to tell a flicker when it flies away from you is its white rump patch. Keep getting better and thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I just posted some pics from Maine myself!
These are wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that Pine Siskin!!
Awesome photos! I especially like the fox. How cool is it that he's a regular visitor! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss your blog, I don't know. Lovely all of them. The Red Fox is so beautiful, I could cuddle it.
ReplyDeletethat fox is gorgeous! I wonder if he is hungry to be that close. A friend takes out some of her left overs and leaves them for several that visit near her home.
ReplyDeleteThere is always something we have to do in the yard...I know!
ReplyDeleteThe photos are magnificent!!!
Today is my brother's birthday.
Hugs