Friday, May 25, 2012

~~~~Bright Sunny Smile~~~~!!!

Life in the garden lives on!!  Birds and flower just keep coming and going ...some to quickly,and you hardly   get a glance, and others can be enjoyed all season long!   I could spend all day walking the gardens with my camera and never capture all the things that are happening there !!
I apologize before hand for what I am feeling, certainly don't want to bring anyone down ..it has been a couple of sad weeks in my neighborhood ..I told you about my dear neighbor who passed away after a long full life with many seasons.    On Monday of this week when 3 police cruisers, and 2 ambulances with full sirens going went by my house , I knew it wasn't good!!
A sixteen years old young man, of a family I am acquainted with who live just a half mile away ..took his own life !!   I had seen him playing in the yard of his home when he was a child!!  When I walked by a big smile and a little wave, and a Hi was send my way ,and back to playing ... a glance of him on a electric scooter just last week, the big smile wave and a Hi as he buzzed by  !!  All to quickly a life gone leaving behind grieving parents wondering what did we not capture, what was there that we did not see!!
So some bits and pieces of yellow for the bright,and sunny smile Chris wore on the outside, that hid what was going on inside  ( he had Bi-Polar disorder)!!

Johnny Jump-ups always remind me of a smiling face!!


"Narcissus"!! As I placed this flower here for the yellow center, the name Narcissus made me think of 
mythology ..
So I did a little search ...the earliest poets version of  the young man "Narcissus"
ends with him taking his own life...
No ..I am not into mythology,I just found it an oddity in my choosing of the flower!!   

The Yellow Throated Warbler...I saw him just once in the garden ,
and just a glance..long enough for the three clicks of the camera!! 






Wild Strawberry blossoms..with smiling yellow centers!!

Yellow Swallowtail Butterfly appears..

and quickly in flight is gone ....
Hope you had a good flight Chris, and are free from all that pained you!!

An angel of God now, still with a  sunny yellow smile!!


18 comments:

  1. So sad about your neighbor. It's a shame we cannot know what was going on in his mind.....so young, it's just such a waste. It often makes me wonder when tragedies like this happen if something could have been done.....did he speak to anyone about his feelings, or did he feel alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life can come to such a sudden end. To me this serves as a reminder to make the most of each moment we have.
    The pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo sad, what a tragedy. a young life with so much pain. his poor parents, their lives will be forever changed.

    you pictures are very pretty. i like that little warbler!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of this . My heart goes out to all who knew him. My friend has Bi-Polar disorder and it is very hard for her as well especially as I now live 2 hours away from her and neither of us drive but we keep in contact once a week by phone and e-mail . Lovely photos .

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am sorry for the sadness in your heart. thanks for sharing the beauty surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful your garden is and how terribly sad that a child, any child should feel the need to take his own life.
    I remember how insecure I was as a teen and how I tried to go into a nunnery because a boy had kissed me! Standards were different then, yet in that time of learning to adjust to society sometimes, something quite insignificant can prey on your mind until it oversets you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace, I am so sorry for the loss of your neighbor. It is always sad to see a young person die so early in his life. Your flowers are gorgeous and Yellow Throat Warbler is pretty. What a lovely post and remembrance. I hope your holiday weekend is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue..yes it is hard to know what one feels hidden by a smile ..sad : {

    Thanks Ruth..every moment is precious!!

    Thanks for the photo comment Debbie!!
    I can't imagine what they feel ..tomorrow is the Memorial service!!

    Thanks Elaine...sad yes:{


    Thanks Teresa


    Thanks Arija ..I love my gardens!
    Teens have so much in there face today..the must be so overwhelmed!!


    Eileen ..thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If with such care He made these other things, how much more worth is man!

    Grace, thanks for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wunderbare Impressionen...

    Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are lovely! I love Johnny Jump Ups. So sorry about the young man. It is always so sad when a young person just can't handle the pressures of their world and take their own life. So many undiagnosed mental problems that eat away at young lives and we don't always know how to help them soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear of Chris's death by suicide. If only he could have reached out.

    Lovely flowers. The Johnny Jump-ups are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace, so sorry to read about this latest loss of a neighbor in such a short time. Are saddened when an older person passes, but thankful for their many years of life, but a young person's untimely death leaves so many bewildered. The flowers and post were a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a really shame Chris will miss so much, his lifetime would have been filled with all sorts of awesome things...just look at the last 70 yrs and imagine the next 70 that he will not be here to enjoy. SO sorry for his family.
    YOUR flowers and birds are Great Grace....MY Narcissus bloomed wayyyyyy back in Feb! IF I had a summer home in Maine, I could have Spring all over again! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are no words dear Grace.......so young, so desparate.
    My mother suffers with manic depression, so to some degree I understand.
    My heart goes out to his family, I shed a tear for them.

    Beautiful images Grace to start my Sunday morning.....I will do much thinking today, and count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry about your neighbour, sad isn't it. You made it a sentiment to Chris, the flowers are for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The last image is beautiful GG.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks seasons...sad situation!!


    Thank you Hans-Peter !!


    Mary it is a tough cruel world..
    Thanks

    Thank you Jean!!


    Thank you B..!!


    Sondra..hard to know what happens in the mind sometimes...thanks !!


    Cheryl..I appreciate your shared feelings ...thanks!!


    Thanks Bob!!


    Thanks Roy..that one was just of the cuff ..started to walk by and noticed the sun through it,and came back with the camera !!

    ReplyDelete