She and her husband bought her mothers home about 4 years ago, and her Mom (Alice) was living there with them!! One of the sons lives on the other side of me,and they own all the 250 acres of property ( all woods and fields total wild) around my wee 3 acres : }!!
I feel very safe here, because they keep watch for me ; } which is good because I can do some crazy things ....like the time I cut down a saucer size tree...the bugger wouldn't fall !
I had cut the pie on the side I wanted it to fall ...cut on the opposite side and nothing ....so I went to set the chainsaw (oh I didn't mention I was using a chainsaw? lol) down and the tree fell my way knocked me to the ground.... small cut on the forehead and two black eyes....Ya I need watching ; }
Well enough of the neighbor history....Alice was a wonderful full of fun and laughter lady who will be very much missed in this neighbor!!!
Now more photo's taken on the walk from my last post:
Straight up 4ft tree with this cluster of blossom
on top only "cute"!!
Starling collecting nesting material !
And it got it!!
I found my Christmas tree topper for next year ; }
Dandelion seed heads... when the fluff blows around it is everywhere,but they are a source of
food for many birds!!
I have watched the Blackbirds especially pick them apart to get to the seed, and some birds take
the fluff to line nests!!
Phoebe watching for tiny butterflies for lunch!!
And he found one !!!
Reflecting..hmmm I think thats where I am at right now !!
sorry for the loss of your neighbor and friend. glad her family is still all around you. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you, too! I'm sorry about your neighbor, but think God was guiding you when you mowed that path....one last loving meeting with her to smile and laugh. Love the photos....that bird with the feather..cute! Great shots.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you lost a good neighbor and friend as well....I know she must have gotten a kick out of you mowing that path; I am sure it brought back many memories for both of you.....
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures; I never tire of watching nature in action....
A lovely tribute Grace... and thanks for sharing some of your memories.
ReplyDeleteLovely images of your plants and wildlife.
Mothers Day has already happened over here I hope you really enjoy yours.
xx Drew
Sorry to hear about your Neighbour GG, I guess 90 is not a bad innings. Lovely shot of the Dandelion seeding.
ReplyDeleteYou with a 'Chain Saw', sounds dangerous to me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteso sad to hear about your neighbor and friend, but 90 is a lot of wonderful years. perhaps just the right amount of memories!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Teresa!!: }
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary...you may be right!: }
Thanks Nancy ..yes many memories!!: }
Thanks so much Andrew : }
Thanks Roy....yes me with a chain saw ; } !!
Thanks Debbie : }}
Sorry to hear about Alice, it appears you had a wonderful relationship with her and her family. I'm glad they are all around you to watch for the stupid tricks you may do. hehe
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day.
It seems so fitting that you mowed that path to Alice's house, reinforcing the lovely connection you have with her and her family. I know you will miss her, and may prayers for her and her family. I love the first photo of that little tree. Hopefully this is the year when it will branch out a bit.
ReplyDeleteso sorry Grace...to hear of the passing of your neighbor & good family friend. a beautiful tribute post to your memories of Alice!
ReplyDeletelove the little spotted starling...and the dandelion fluff...and the blooms!!
Happy Mother's day to you too...every day!
Hi Grace Im having a sick day Saturday, think I will live but was wondering during the night last night when my Body Temp went to 104! Feel better now...SO sorry to hear about your precious neighbor, she sounds like a treasure...
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of your walk about you saw some really wonderful things!!!
Lovely people make our lives so rich. Glad you enjoyed your time with this dear woman. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the dandelion seed comment...I've watched so many birds eating the seeds too. The chipping sparrows especially!
Happy Mother's Day to you, Grace. Sad to read about your good neighbor and friend.
ReplyDeleteGrace, I am sorry for the loss of your neighbor. You do have wonderful memories. You post and photos are just lovely. I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete...so sorry about your loss. It's so hard...
ReplyDeleteI loved the story of your friendship with Aunt Alice and am so sorry for such a great loss. She must have been a wonderful lady.
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy when one has lost a good neighbor. I still miss Mrs. Mason, who often came out to chat when she saw me walking by, who gave me fresh flowers and fruits and vegetables, who loved life so much. She died 12 years ago.
ReplyDeleteyou always give me an A+, and you always mean it ;)))))
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss.That dandelion shot is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteDear grace,
ReplyDeleteAs always your lovely images give an insight to the beautiful part of the world you call your home.
Dandelions are such useful wildflowers.....the leaves chopped in salads are very good for you :}
So sorry to hear about your neighbour. It is sad to lose a friend, especially a good one who has known us for such a long time.
Your stories are always so interesting and fascinate me.
Hold on Grace, these times will pass. Depression is a very lonely journey but remember there is always light at the end of that dark tunnel. It is a long road that has no turning.......
Namaste