This time of year the black flies are awful in the woods especially, and drive the deer out for some relief I think!!
I took these from the house so it is about 400ft out ...so these are cropped!! He is just another of the animals at "Gracie's Wildlife Animal Farm " ; } LOL!!
"Stop"
"Look"
"And listen"
"Love those pointed ears" : }}
Before you cross the street !!
"I'm not crossing anything "!!
"I'm heading back where I came from"!!!
Yesterday afternoon It was raining hard , and in fact still is!! I was watching the rain "in disgust" out the window towards the back woods, and in my neighbors field I saw a deer,and it was not moving !! Then I could see a portion of something black beside it. It was just about belly height to the deer and because of the tall grass I couldn't see anything more!!
My first thought was that a dog had the deer cornered , so I got the binoculars for a better look!
I laughed at the funny sight of a fully fanned out male turkey strutting around this deer, who I guess was
protecting Mrs. T....and the chicks that where close by!! : }}}
Funny and interesting to watch the going on's at the Wildlife Farm !!
If your not a regular reader ...this is not a wildlife farm it just seems that way ..lol!!
Oh wie schön!
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
that's so cool! love it when wildlife is close by!
ReplyDeleteLovely images of a lovely animal GG.
ReplyDeleteCould be a funny farm.{:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos ! Animals are funny creatures thats for sure . Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful to see you have deer wandering wild close to your home Grace.. Lucky you xx
ReplyDeleteGrace, you could charge a fee to enter your wonderful wildlife animal farm. Love the pretty deer and cool sighting of the turkeys. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of the deer! :) It is as if he came out just to pose for you. :)
ReplyDeleteHello Grace,
ReplyDeleteNice deer pictures and I love your comments! Hope you are doing well; I've been busy at work so I had less time to visit all my favorite blogs.
Have a nice week,
Louise
Those wild animals know darned well that if they're going to be appreciated, they'd better be seen at Grace's.
ReplyDelete(I'm still plugging away at the post-cataract eye drops. One little bottle is bottomless.)
I've had enough of this rain. So has my garden, I'm sure.
Great pictures of the deer. Too bad you were not able to catch the turkey/deer shot.That would have been a special capture for sure.
ReplyDeleteyou are very lucky to see these beautiful deer right outside the window!!
ReplyDeletei am not going to mention that the shots are a lil crooked, nope not going to mention that ;)))
Thanks Han-Peter : }}
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa..: }
Thank you Roy...yes may be a funny farm already !! : }}
Elaine thanks..yes they are : }}
Thanks Andrew..yes I am !! : }}
Lol Thanks Eileen ..you may have a point there ; }
Thanks Lois...It,s own photo shoot ; }!!
Louise thanks and your welcome...!! : }}
Thanks Jean...lol : }}
Yes Ruth it would have been,but it was raining so hard ..thanks!
Okay Debbie...did you every here of a slope, and not being in the best of positions to get the perfect shot' huh!! Thanks ..love ya : }}}
Gorgeous deer, beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteA very nice blog that you have. Richard
ReplyDeleteso glad you get me and that we can have fun together!!
ReplyDeletei really am sweet, really, i am!!
Now I've heard everything. A Turkey making up to a deer? Are you sure you haven't been on any of Paul McCartney's medicine Grace?
ReplyDeleteha! LOVE your Wildlife Animal Farm!! it's so exciting when you see deer...turkeys...anything...wander through the yard!!
ReplyDeletelucky you were there, with camera in hand...to get those terrific shots!!
Isn't it so nice to be able to see wildlife in your own back yard? What a funny story! It rained here most of the week and got so chilly I had to start a fire! today the sun has peeked through a bit but we did have a brief shower earlier this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteSimply gorgeous and well narrated!
ReplyDelete