All the sights, and sounds of Spring do make it tolerable!!
The daily sound of birds singing , and the peepers and frogs sounding way into the night is better then any music there is to be had!!
Here are a few more photo's from the end of April!!
Red Winged Black Bird !!
Red Winged Black bird (female)
"Yup the Rhubarb's up"!!
Always been a good sign of Spring for Mainer's
Yellow Rumped Warbler April 30 !!
Love when the Warbler's start coming in !!
Grace it was a mild winter here but spring is springing slowly. I have had frost two mornings running. It was warmer in January.
ReplyDeleteWhat font do you use for No Comments/Post a Comment? If you know I'll see what it looks like played with on a video title.
Thanks Adrian... Yikes frost ...that could be a possibility here to until the end of the month!!
DeleteIt has happened before !!
Can's recall right now but will find out the font!!
It seems to be general Grace, the weather is all over the place.
ReplyDeleteThe sweet sounds of nature are good enough for me also..........
Thanks Cheryl... : ))
DeleteHi Grace...Glad to see you're spring has sprung at last!
ReplyDeleteWe're just leaving a cold and wet few days for a warm and sunny few days! (still cold nights though!)...who would want to be a weather forecaster?
Love that Black Bird with his red shoulder stripes...[;o)
Thanks Trevor...Ya those red wing are gorgeous!!
DeleteMy Grandpa could have made good money by telling the forecast the way the clouds looked and how bad his knee pain was!! He did as good as the educated guys do!! : )))
love your pics! happy spring time - even if you've got a cold spell for a bit, again.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa.. : ))
DeleteHi Grace. Blackbirds in full song and Bees buzzing .. that's a good sign. Let's hope the variable weather doesn't upset the breeding season.
ReplyDeleteThanks Frank... yes I have nesting Bluebirds that I am concerned about !!
DeleteTime will tell! : )
Everything's looking good, Grace!! The bugs are out, the warblers have arrived.....bugs mean birds.
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen ... I like your summery , but the bugs, well the birds need them : ))
DeleteThe hummers have arrived, too. Now if only I'd see an oriole and a bluebird!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean...Keep your eyes open they are here , even have Red Breasted Grosbeaks !!
DeleteAll those welcome spring sights. We are having colder than normal temperatures as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth... Hope we all warm up so we can complain about that : )))
DeleteBeautiful images. The RW Blackbirds are lovely.. And the YRW is a cutie.. I am so glad it is spring.. Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen... This is my favorite time of year : )))
Deletethe red-wings are super; don't you just love rhubarb-crumble/custard - I have it growing pretty much year round in this climate. Enjoy your new-found spring Grace
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole... I make Rhubarb custard pie, I wonder if it is the same thing as yours!!
DeleteBeautiful shots, especially that Red Winged Black Bird. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lois... : ))
DeleteLovely shots of your sprig. Regarding weather, you seem to be in the same weather predicament as we have been for a couple of years now. Either hot or cold. Last summer it was no use packing away our winter things as the temperature varied between over a week over a hundred, then plummeted like a stone, as we got winds from the Antarctic, to around forty.
ReplyDeleteLooks like all of us will have to get used to unpredictable weather for a few decades.
Nature here is totally confused with birds nesting in autumn.
Thanks Arija... It sure has been odd weather, and last summer we where either to hot or to cold .Crazy!! : }
DeleteFantastic shots of the Red Winged Blackbirds
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret.. The some showy!! : }}
DeleteSpring has sprung! Great shots! I enjoy the Red wings.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Mary... : }}}
DeleteHi grammie, love the red wing blackbird. The other photos are great as well. I bet the sounds are very soothing. Keep them coming
ReplyDeleteThanks John... Lovely time of year here!!! : }}
DeleteI like the Blackbird with the "Go Faster " stripes GG.{:))
ReplyDeleteLovely! We're a little behind, but the songbirds are returning in force and green things are poking up at a rapid pace. My rhubarb looks about the same as yours now.
ReplyDeleteAt least there are signs of spring- now if it would just stop raining.
ReplyDelete