Wow this month as zipped by so quickly, and flowering trees are in bloom everywhere!! The hardwood tree leaves are beyond the budded stage, and have unfurled into lovely shades of yellow greens to rich green colors!!
It is amazing what a transformation takes place in just a few weeks, and in spite of the coolness of the air!!
One thing happening now is trying to photograph birds with leaves on the trees !! A lot of good opportunities except for that leaves : )
I was lucky to have gotten photos of the Warblers returning for the summer before the full leafing! Not all perfect,but some are lifers, and just to get a shot is fine with me!!
The Yellow Rump Warbler is not a lifer, but one of my favorites!! The first returning one I saw was one April 20, then within a week they where a normal sight until mid May!!
It is amazing what a transformation takes place in just a few weeks, and in spite of the coolness of the air!!
One thing happening now is trying to photograph birds with leaves on the trees !! A lot of good opportunities except for that leaves : )
I was lucky to have gotten photos of the Warblers returning for the summer before the full leafing! Not all perfect,but some are lifers, and just to get a shot is fine with me!!
The Yellow Rump Warbler is not a lifer, but one of my favorites!! The first returning one I saw was one April 20, then within a week they where a normal sight until mid May!!
Yellow RumpWarbler (male)
May 4 I saw a group of 6 skimming bugs of the river along with the Swallows!!
Female Yellow Rump at the rivers edge !!
A week later!!
There was one on the arbor near the deck eyeing the feeding station!!
Of course I am excited at this point ..what are they doing !!
He flew down on the deck!!
Then she flew down!!
What are they doing?
Little did I know they would come for the suet I had put out in a flat container!!
I was very surprised, and could not stop watching and taking shots of them "so sweet"!!
She is waiting on the Woodpecker who is on a hanging feeder above her!!
Some of the birds have figured out if they wait pieces will drop,and they get them!!
Quite an ingenious system!! : )
It was about 8 days that they where here almost constantly, then they moved on to
wherever their journey takes them !!
The Colt Foot flowers are going to seed and soon the will be on a journey
blown by the wind!!
It"s goodbye for now, but
when it begins anew next Spring , I"ll see these beauties again!!!
Hi G What a beautiful pair of Warblers, lovely makings and your photographs of them are tremendous. I also love the last shot. superb. Hope you are having a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Margaret... : )
DeleteWhat a pretty bird the yellow rump warbler is. It is a wonderful time of year Grace and all too fleeting.
ReplyDeleteThe older we get the sweeter it becomes, does it not ??
Thanks Cheryl.... We slow down more to enjoy i think!! Some things aren't so important as they used to be : )
Deleteyour warbler shots made me smile. such cute little birds!
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa.... the cutest !!! : )
DeleteNice spring pictures
ReplyDeleteThanks John.... about time we get a break isn't it! Hope your not having any trouble with the bugs yet on your walks in the woods!!! : )
DeleteGrace, your shots of the Yellow-rumps are beautiful! I had one hanging around yesterday singing his sweet song, all day long. I was hoping he'd stay for awhile, but didn't hear him today. Hope you are doing well!! I thought I'd brought spring up here with me, but it only lasted a week. Can you send some more spring-like weather up my way?
ReplyDeleteThank Karen.... If your looking for warmth I can't send any !! We haven't enough to go around !! : ) !
DeleteRobert Frost said "Nature's first green is gold." You've said the same thing here. Lovely
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean... That is nice ... been awhile since I read any of Frost's poem's !!
DeleteYour Yellow-rumped Warbler is such a cutie and your got really good shots of them. Spring really is a season of over-abundance with everything happening at once.
ReplyDeleteThanks Arija... : )
DeleteLovely pictures. I really like the Yellow-rumped Warblers as well,but then,I like most birds.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth : )
DeleteHi grammie, once again, enjoying all of your photos. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThanks John...Glad you you like them !! : )
DeleteThey are lovely birds GG.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy...I love the little cutie's !!
DeleteBeautiful Warblers, they are superb.
ReplyDelete