Things are moving at a better pace since my last post,but still back and forth !! In spite of the weather the birds, flowers, and grass seem to be doing there thing!!
Temp's aren't where they should be, but what a difference since the beginning of the month!!
Yesterday started out with rain then by noon it was over !! It was 45 degrees when I got up and, by two o'clock it was 85 degrees!! That should make things pop, and another lovely day today !!
So in my last post "Slow Progress" ( of which just about sums up my posting too "slow progress") I was in the second week of April!!. So here are some photo's from around that time!!
Colts Foot... April 10
First time I have seen this plant and the first flower of the season for me, even the bee's found them!!
I was surprised to see a whole bank of them at the pond I frequent!!
Palm Warbler!! April 14
My first Warbler sighting of the season!!
Not great shots, (darn those uncooperative branches!! )
I wondered why this is called Colts Foot since I see nothing that looks like
that, until I looked it up,and saw it is the leaf that it gets it's name from which grows after the blooming!!
It seems it is a nuisances plant in many places!!
Hmmm wonder how it got there....never seen it there before!!
Peek-a-Boo Palm Warbler!!
I think that look gorgeous, and so nice to see the
yellow glow that early in the season!!
There he goes ...warblers never stay still for a minute!!
So hard to get shots of them!!
Hope all the Moms are having a nice Mothers Day !!
3.jpg)
Hi Grace...Welcome back! Glad to hear that it's started to warm up a little there at last!!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to see the Colt's-foot appear every year to put on an early show of colour.
And you found a nice yellow Palm Warbler to complement them...even though it was acting a little shy?...[;o)
Thanks Trevor.... The peek- boo shot was one of those download and "surprise"!!
DeleteThey move so quick I just do rapped fire : )!!
Love the Peek-a boo-shot GG. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy... like I told Trevor it was just one of those surprise shots, but I'll take the brilliant complement anyway ; ) !!
Deletesuch great shots! brought smiles to my face today! nice to see you peek-a-boo in, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa ... : )
DeleteHappy Mother's Day to you. Strange how the nuisance plants always grow well and the desirable ones take so much work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth...that is very true : )
DeletePretty shots of the Palm Warbler! Have a happy week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen ... : )
Deleteall cheery yellows happening; makes you just feel good. Missed you Grace and hope you'll be back blogging now. Love that Palm Warbler and it's a take what you can get with the birds; we just love them don't we?!
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole... Miss you too ...I will be by soon!!
DeleteI'm impressed you got shots of the Palm Warbler. Warblers are so flighty! Enjoyed stumbling upon your blog.
ReplyDeleteHi There, and thanks for stopping by my blog!! Glad you enjoyed : )
DeleteOnce again, your photos puts a smile on my face and makes me somewhat jealous of where you live. It must be very peaceful there.
ReplyDeleteThanks John.... I do love it here, and I am glad my photo's put a smile on your face!! : )
DeleteMorning Grace, How are you??
ReplyDeleteLovely images......beautiful warbler (peek a book shot is great).
We are in a cool spell at the moment......and so windy, Mother Nature is doing her pruning, there is debris all over the garden :)
Hope you enjoyed Mothers Day.........have a good week.
Thanks so much Cheryl... I do know about the debris, for I have it to !! Just get cleaned up and it happens again!! : )
Deletenice shots :)
ReplyDeleteLovely captures. The bee is terrific!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! Here the leaves are finally coming out on the trees here and green stuff is poking up through the ground. Nice to be able to spend some warm time outside!
ReplyDeleteYou posted some great pictures again lately Grammie! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreetings from the Netherlands,
Gert Jan
A bit late myself in catching up on blog reading, Grace, but enjoyed seeing lots of spring colors and birds. That first shot with the bee was amazing. As much as I like seeing them pollinate our wildflowers getting closeup for me is using a zoom lens.
ReplyDelete