Friday, September 13, 2013

~~~Hope This Stop's Soon~~~



After three days of ridiculously weather, causing loss of electrical power, cable TV, internet,and home phone service I am finally back!!
Tuesday's temp never got above 60 degrees, and had been like that for a week!! Wednesday 91 degrees very hot,and humid !!
Late Wednesday the Severe weather alerts started for severe thunder storms, severe ground to sky lightening ,heavy rains,hail wind, and ''oh my goodness the ""CAT FREAKS OUT"'', and is looking for a place to hide nearest to me, while I thinking ""maybe I should ''FREAK OUT''and look for a hiding place myself""!!
Well we both survived that was just about a 48 hour non stop thunder storm,but I have to remind myself it could have been over three feet of snow with the amount of rain we have gotten!!
Oh, and it is still raining!!

Well I'm figuring at this point I'm ready for some better day's photo's, so some from a sunny day recently at my place!!



This is the far back yard near the wood's in back of my house!!


This one is closer to the house looking back!!

Look at that blue sky *sigh!!
This field belongs to my neighbor Larry on the right side of my property!!
The trees to the left are the property line!!


Some frequent flyers on the fields!!


Clouded Sulfurs, of which I find it hard to figure out!! 



This was taken at the house looking over the field on the left side belonging to my
neighbor Monique (Larry's Sister) and here husband !! 
The dried looking grass in the middle is about where my property line is !!
 It is grass left from when they cut the field back in July !!


Since the field was cut it has come back in Red Clover, Queen Anne Lace, and other
field flowers in bloom again!!


So now the field is full of more frequent flyers too!!


Just being a busy butterfly  that they are, always on the move!!



Even a lot of these jet types ready to take off too!
I don't know his name!!  I just think he is cute. and he makes me smile!!



"Well there" now I feel better, but the weather isn't!! 












38 comments:

  1. i'm going to have to give up blogging for a while if this keeps up... about 80% of the blogs i've visited today seem to be complaining of rain or showing raindrops on flowers while we are desperately in need of a good gully-washing downpour!

    i'd hate to suffer thru those thunder storms though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa.. : ) we do tend to rant about rain not thinking there are places that need it badly!! I wish I could have sent at least today's gully-washer down pour to you we just didn't need any more!!

      Delete
  2. We had a bad thunderstorm last night but, that was it! It has cooled off here, feels nice! Love the scenes and view around your place. And the butterflies are pretty! Beautiful photos, wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen... We have cooled down, but it is still humid!!

      Delete
  3. Wow, who mows all that grass? You sure do have a beautiful place. It is odd seeing property lines with no fences. Next time I comment on TWG's blog I'll have to complain about not having any rain here in NorCal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John... I mow that grass with my lawn tractor !! It is a weekly job and sometimes more often!! : )
      I think she had here fill of wet blogs today ; )))!!

      Delete
  4. Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day....It's difficult to tell from just that one photo, but I believe your dragonfly is in the Meadowhawk family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen... Your are probably right , or at least it is a place to start that's the worst part!! : )

      Delete
  5. Still raining here too- Kelley says she is really tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John.... Just thought it was done around 4:00, and about 5:30 we had a pounding downpour still raining lightly! Probably you are getting it now!! Poor Kelley!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope your weather gets better soon, or at least quiets down a bit GG. Nice shots of that flutter.
    It is very similar to the female Clouded Yellow I took the other day.
    GG, you got more land than the State Department.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy...I just looked out the window and behold I saw stars
      "YES"!! : )

      Clouded Sulphurs...Clouded Yellow.. Trevor and I think they are the same butterfly !!

      Roy three aces of land, really, I am sure the State Department has far more : )


      Delete
    2. Well Trevor knows what he is talking about for sure.

      Delete
  8. We had 3 amazing thunder storms in a row and now HOT! Record breaking heat. But this is all to change Monday and a good thing as I must needs travel on Monday ... home Thursday in time for Bible study Friday! Yes, running things a bit tight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine... the weather is crazy, I just hope the winter will be normal!! : )

      Delete
  9. IT rained here for 3 months straight then it just quit! Its been hot but now its turning cool starting tomorrow. I am ready for some Blue sky and sunshine myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra.. I guess I shouldn't complain!! 3 months,I would be going crazy !! : )

      Delete
  10. The weather sounds biblical in it's ferocity.
    I'm glad you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian... well I just read about some bad flooding after heavy rains in Colorado yesterday so I guess I should be happy with the weather we got!!

      Delete
  11. HI sorry about all our rain but it is necessary. Lovely vies you have near your home and I love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace; great series; it looks really nice your outlook at the back and so green. Well I guess it will be for some time after all the rain. Here is dull and breezy and heavy rain forecast Monday (when I'm meant to have a trady come maintain the watering system). Last night there was a thunderstorm. Maybe you and your cat should cuddle up together during the storm. They do tend to unnerve you and you can't sleep when that's all happening up in the heavens can you? Sunny skies ahead and lots more wonderful photos...have a great weekend Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole .... It takes a extremely dry summer to look out and not see things green!!
      I would cuddle with the cat, but she doesn't like that :(

      Delete
  13. That green grass looks lovely. It doesn't always take a sunset,a beach or mountains to make a gorgeous scene.These are peaceful and relaxing and I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty images grace, Mother Nature is just a tad confused and perhaps a lil angry ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie... There are so many things happening that are just unbelievable , I shouldn't complain!!

      Delete
  15. Wow your back garden looks amazing. I hope the rain stops for you soon. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice pictures you view from where you live, the Sun and the good weather gives nature an extra nice-looking.

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Ottar...Yes this is true without the rain there would be no green! : )

      Delete
  17. Hi Grace, great post with such lovely photos. I especially loved the red dragonfly as I haven't seen one like that before. Glad you got through that bad weather. Sounded a real doozy of a storm. Also thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear that story of the black and blue spot sometime ;) Enjoy your Sunday, I am as we are back home and having a very lazy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise... Glad your home safely from your trip, now you will need a a long rest to get over your travels : )

      Delete
  18. Hi Grace,
    Wow, this must of been very long, 48 hours of rain and thunder... Hopefully it is all behind now and you can see the sunlight that is so beautiful at this time of the year.
    It looks like you have a big property to take care of but it looks wonderful.
    Here, the birds are slowly going south and we see less butterflies. It's mushroom time!!!
    Have a nice evening and week ahead,
    Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Louise... Well that's behind and tonight frost and freeze warnings!! : )

      Delete
  19. Glad you survived! I hope the sun is still shining for you. We've really cooled down here too. The transition from summer to fall happened over night it seems.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J&S...Raining at the moment,but sun this afternoon and frost and freeze warning for tonight : ( !!

      Delete
  20. you think that's bad? We just had two weeks of 85 degrees, no cloud and unremitting sunshine! keep smiling Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Phil... You poor baby you : ))) I don't feel bad at all seeing that your on that lovely island of Greece : )!!!

    ReplyDelete