Well the ground around here is still pretty wet and soggy, but where getting there!!
We have a string of sunny days ahead so that should help dry things up !!
We have a weather alert for tonight " FROST", and a freeze in some spots nearer the mountains!!
Bring it on, I going to stay in" denial" for another couple weeks at least!! : )))
There is still plenty of good weather to come !!
Butterflies are still around , but it has been a disappointing summer for butterfly sightings !!
Some I didn't see at all like the Question Mark, Red Admiral,and the other butterfly I have seen have
been in low numbers!!
The butterfly I am posting I usually see in the gardens frequently, but this year so few times that I was lucky to get photos!!
One of the Greater Fritillaries!!
Most likely The Great Spangled Fritillary !!
When they cut the fields on either side of my home I sort of feel sad for the birds,and
butterflies , but these Clover blooms are a second growth and provide necessary
feeding for the butterflies !!
I am hoping for a better summer next year for the Fritillary!!
really lovely. frost? wow! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa... ya we usually get one about now, but from what I can see this morning it doesn't look like it happened right here!! : )
DeleteNice pictures Grace! Freezing here too tonight :( We covered the tomato plants and basil. Hope it will be enough!
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a great week!
Louise
Thanks so much Louise... Well this morning all seems to fine, it must have been a light one, hope you had the same luck!! : )
DeleteGorgeous shots of the Fritillary! We had frost Saturday night, but yesterday and today were beautiful sunshine. The forecast is for frost the rest of the week and highs in the low 40s with mixed rain and snow. I'm planning on being in denial too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Elaine... We will be okay the rest of the week for night temps that will be the same as your day temps!! : )
DeleteGrand to see them. I suspect there are not many warm days left.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Adrian... ya, but I have had plants outside before that made it right through to the end of October!! One never knows!! Could snow next week : )
DeleteThat's a beauty of a butterfly Grace.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a good year here for them; but certainly turning colder now.
Thanks Keith... I am certainly hoping for a better summer next year with plenty of butterflies!! : ) Well if I am still around ; ) who knows!!
DeleteHI Grace that is a beautiful butterfly. I have never seen on in real life but would love to. perhaps next year.
ReplyDeleteThanks Margaret... they are lovely, hope you get a chance too!! : )
DeleteIt seems early for frost! Lovely captures of the Fritillary! Have a happy day, Grace!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen... Some years we will get an early one, but last nights did not materialize thankfully!! Hard to believe last week at this time it was 91 degrees!! : )
DeleteExcellent pix! Heavy frost here last night.
ReplyDeleteThanks ... ouch... ours didn't happening, but close!! It was 38 degrees!!
DeleteBeautiful photos. Now that you mention it, I have not seen many butterflies this summer either, and not one Monarch!! I hope they're not in trouble like the honey bees are!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Muffy... I hope so too... I have seen one Monarch so far!! : (
DeleteHi Grace...Glad you got to see and photograph this beautiful butterfly. It's funny how nature works sometimes, you've had a poor year for butterflies this year and by all accounts over here we've had a really good year! Maybe it will be your turn next year?...[;o)
ReplyDeleteThanks Trevor.. Ya I remember last year it was an off year over there!!
DeleteWoW, these are just beautiful grace. i had a fair amount of butterflies this year on the butterfly bush!!!
ReplyDeletewe were searching for monarchs this weekend, it's migration season, but we did not see any!!
Thanks Debbie... The Monarch usually like the wild asters, but I have not seen any there!! : )
DeleteWoW, frost....it is early!!
ReplyDeleteDebbie it was so light it didn't hurt any thing!!
DeleteAwesome photos Grace! I didn't come across too many butterflies either, some at least. These are beauties though, glad you got these.
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise... I'm hoping for a better year next summer!! I sure miss them!!
DeleteIt seems that there is a lack of butterflies all over the country. I have seen very few.You did get some good pictures of this one.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth.. Even you up there too..wow not a good sign huh!!
DeleteLovely images GG.
ReplyDeleteWe have had a few colder days now and there are not many butterflies around. Still not seen a Red Admiral.
Thanks Roy... I am still seeing the Clouded Sulphurs everywhere!! It got chilly, but today we are in the 70's!! Monarch we should be seeing, but I am hearing the same from everybody that they haven't seen any! I did get to see one and get shot's of it!! Not good!
ReplyDeleteThese butterflies are among my favorites, along with the Painted Lady and Buckeye. Glad there are still some blooms for them to enjoy, Grace.
ReplyDelete