It seems every year as Spring nears I am so waiting for the warmer days,and nights you can open a window enough to hear the Peepers and the Frogs singing in the pond near by!! The first returning migratory birds, green grass, and the first flower buds !!
All the above has happened, and I delight in every one each year like it was the first time ever!! : )
Then comes all the things that have to be attended to ..the yard and gardens clean up, putting away the winter things inside and outside, getting out the summer needs and making a mental list of all the jobs that need to be addressed around the home during these months ahead!!
Here is where time just seems to go all to fast!!
I hope I can get a better handle on what is important, because lately it seems like time flies by all to fast, and it is another days end!!
My blogging is one of the things I have been really slacking on! It is something I like to do,so must make time for it too!!
I have tired to get in a couple of walks a week, and I do have photos, and proof shots of birds for my eBird count ( Oh ya they do question some sightings .. they have flagged two of mine right now, but they haven't been in touch with me yet) !! More about that at another time!!
This is usually what my days look like lately ...poof it is sunset!!
These are from this week, and we have had some beauties!!
I like a gorgeous sunset and need to enjoy more , but the day is gone and I feel like
like I have accomplished nothing!!
Took these from my back deck!!
The Turkey Vulture returned last week, and I learned a little lesson from him!
No ..I am not talking about looking for dead carcasses for lunch ; ) !!
Now I think the Turkey Vulture is one cool bird, and I am not comparing myself to him in anyway ; )
I do like how he takes his time with ease as he soars the skies, wings wobbly and unstable,but
taking advantage of the tools he possesses to accomplish his goal!!
Me I usually end up hurrying to get things done and end up wasting time
having to redo the mistakes!!
Well that's enough boo-wooing !! ; )
The sky is such a place of colorful beauty.
ReplyDeletetime is moving too quickly. *sigh*
ReplyDeletei LOVE your skies! just beautiful! thanks for sharing!
Beautiful sunsets, and you're right, they come much too quickly. We've still got too much snow on the ground for spring chores. We're hopeful spring will actually come. Migratory birds are starting to show up, so guess I should just trust their instincts....
ReplyDeleteIt is a stunning bird. I saw and spent some time with a captive one last month. it has great colour and Shades of cream on it's head and beak.
ReplyDeleteWoW, gorgeous skies, sweet and "fluffy", like cotton candy!!
ReplyDeletei adore watching those turkey vultures in flight!!
happy weekend!!
Beautiful sky shots. Today was a beauty, wasn't it? I think maybe spring has arrived, finally. Hope it has, any way.
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see Grace...
ReplyDeleteSpring is only just arriving over here.
Great captures of that vulture!! Just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow! super sunset shots GG.
ReplyDeleteThe days do go fast but I am trying very hard to be intentional and enjoying the special moments that often come as a surprise....
ReplyDeleteYou have really captured in action the slow movements of the vulture...beautiful skies....
Thanks Susan...: )
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...Glad you enjoyed! : )
Thank you Elaine...Hope you see more signs of Spring soon!! It will
happen : )!
Thanks Adrian...Yes they sure are, and when they are flying over your head they are amazing!! : )
Thanks Debbie...Good description..right on : )
Thank you Jean...yes a real beauty, and some good ones coming up if the weatherman is right !!: )
Thanks Andrew : )
Thank Karen... : )
Thank you Roy...love getting a good sunset shot!! : )
Thanks Nancy...enjoy those days : )
Time spent enjoying nature is never wasted.I do know how you feel about not getting to make blog posts. I used to do three or more a week and now I'm lucky if I get one done.What's up with that?
ReplyDeleteYour sky shots are just gorgeous! I hear you about keeping up with blogging and everything else. I seem to be hearing that a lot from bloggers I visit. Are we all getting burned out, or just too busy?? I love blogging and the people I meet, but I just can't seem to keep up. Our spring was slow to get here and now it is cool again. What a strange year. Hope to catch up with all my favorite blogs and friends soon!
ReplyDeleteYour skies are an absolutely stunning treat. When we think we have too much to do and too little time to do it in, there are a few truisms to remember a)don't leave until tomorrow, what you can do today. There are three little words in that , that you need to take to heart before you take on the whole statement and get guilt feelings about underachieving and they are 'what YOU can do'. Sometimes it is more important to sit and watch the sunset or just have a leisurely cup of tea on the deck. My mother had another truism she would use when I was overtired, b) work is not a rabbit, it won't run away. I have lived by both of these and am leaning towards b) more and more.
ReplyDeleteIt is better to enjoy your day than have clean curtains or windows and kill yourself doing it.
Hi Grace...Great sunset images with those beautiful big skies.
ReplyDeleteTake it easy with all those chores Grace, you need to take time out during the day to relax and unwind with a bit of nature watching and hopefully the next chore will be a whole lot easier!...[;o)
Hi Grace, it is amazing how time goes by so quickly. Your sunsets are beautiful, so glad you took time to enjoy them. I am seeing a few new spring birds, but I am expecting more. Beautiful images!Have a happy day!
ReplyDeleteStunning photos of spring, skyline and Turkey Vultures. Love them all.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Wonderful post with beautiful pictures !
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Grace. I have the windows open right now and love hearing all the chirpers out there. Nowadays I find myself trying to identifying the different bird calls but still have a long way to go.
ReplyDeleteGreat skies there Grace, and a beauty of a bird to finish on.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean by time rushing by too quickly. lol
We feel so the same! Tons to do, not enough time and blogging is falling by the wayside. We are taking time to enjoy though and I am glad you are too. Take care, Grace. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sunsets and I'm glad you photographed them to share with the rest of us out here in the "blogworld"! That soaring Turkey Vulture looks magnificent. I have a whole yard-ful of work to catch up with - and hopefully now our weather is a bit cooler I can get some done!
ReplyDeleteGreat sky including birds in the sky shots!
ReplyDelete