A few weeks back for "Wild Bird Wednesday" I posted some of the photos I shot of the Bohemian Waxwings !! Well I told you I had taken a lot of photos that day.....I have sorted them out, and have the last of the keepable ones today for WBW!!
It was a windy bad hair day for the usually
sleek smooth feathered beauty!
A cold wind it was thus the puffed up look, and a bad hair day!! ; )
Blending in very well in this apple tree !
From a distance very hard to spot!!
They really are such cute little fellers. Love those ruffled top-knots.
ReplyDeleteI love the windswept look! They are beautiful birds.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful birds.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful waxwings. I especially like the 3rd photo down from the top of your post.
ReplyDeleteBAD 'Hair' DAY
I really think these birds are handsome; lovely photographs of them again Grace
ReplyDeleteSome great shots of this lovely bird.
ReplyDeletei just love these soft, sleek beauties! love how they gather together, too.
ReplyDeleteI think they are beautiful but they were definitely have a bad hair day....so cute.....
ReplyDeleteI've been getting that puffed up look too, mainly because of all the layers of clothes I have on. Sue tells me I also have a permanent bad hair day. What is it with you girls? Give a man a break. Have you seen my Wheatears by the way? Sleek, shiny and smart - remind you of anyone?
ReplyDeleteNice pictures of Bohemian Waxwing, liked best picture Nr. 10.
ReplyDeleteOttar
I have only seen these birds once in the uk, they are a beautiful bird with great colours, you are very lucky to have seen so many.
ReplyDeletepeter
Very sweet. The hair and the little yellow tail tip : )
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds and great photos.
ReplyDeleteAh, what a great day you had! I love that punk look. Do you think they used gel?
ReplyDeleteNice pictures - on a hot Australian day I have enjoy all the pictures people have posted of waxwings in the winter!
ReplyDeleteCheers and thanks for linking to WBW.
Stewart M - Melbourne.
Waxwings are some of my favorites. You have captured some great pics. The wind adds some fashion to the show don't ya think.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Really appreciate it.
Great photos Grace! We've never seen Bohemian waxwings so thanks for sharing! The frog chorus is absolutely incredible here now...makes my heart sing! Have a great weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteSome great captures Grace. You really did have some lovely views of this delightful bird. My favourite photo is the last but one.
ReplyDeleteGrace, I really had to look carefully in that last photo to see the waxwings blending in, they did it so well. And, I never tire of seeing your photos of them.
ReplyDeleteSplendid images of the waxwings!
ReplyDeleteLovely set Grace. Beautiful birds.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Grace. I rarely get to see these beauties.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great sighting, Grace! They are beautiful birds, wonderful photos. Have a happy Sunday!
ReplyDeletethese are great grace. they are such a magnificant bird!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds... fantastic images.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds that you took.
ReplyDeleteI like.
Hi Grace !
ReplyDeleteThe waxwing is a true beauty!
I can't get enough Waxwing photos, Grace, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for commenting over at B'side. The snow is long gone (at least until this weekend); the swan pic was a few weeks old.
You got beautiful shots! I love these birds and was disappointed that no waxwings came to my house this year.
ReplyDelete