A short distance from my home is a old dirt road that was closed many year ago, but still gets used at times by farm machinery, ATVs snow machine, and etc!! It has grown in and narrowed, but convenient this time of year for a nice quick walk with plenty of birds to see, but some are not always easy to photograph because of thick brush!!
A little over a week ago I took a break,and walked there!!
These photo's are from that walk!!
This what it looks like near the beginning !!
Rather drab this time of year!!
The first Woodchuck I have seen this year, and he was
keeping a good eye on me!!
He lifted up his head,and was gone down his hole in
the ground in a flash!!
Evidence of last Summers!!
Tree Sparrow!!
Sparrows...one of the hardest to identify, because there are so many here!
Northern Phoebe
I call this Pussy Willow "mish-mash" : )
They where just everywhere!!
Red winged Blackbird!!
And to my surprise a Osprey flew over !!
I didn't realize he was there until I saw his shadow on the ground!!
I wasn't even sure it was a Osprey until I downloaded the photo's
I just knew it was big ; )!!
I am sharing more of the Osprey on WBW!!
It is only about a mile walk, but so much to see!!
I came home with a count of 10 different birds!!
wow! the osprey is great! so's the woodchuck!!!
ReplyDeleteGrace, love the photos! Especially the osprey! The scenic lane reminds me of East Texas. Love the pussy willows!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, it looks like a great birding spot. The birds love to hide in all those bushes. Great photos, I loved the Osprey and cute sparrow!
ReplyDeleteA great walk! Do you have other wild animals out there you need to worry about?
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of the Osprey, love it.
ReplyDeleteawesome shots of the osprey!!
ReplyDeletelove those red winged black birds, they are just gorgeous in flight!!
ps, stop complimenting the hubs, he's getting a big head and he thinks he all that!! hehe
he is all that BUT he can get annoying!!
Gotta love those kind of lane/paths. Still getting snow showers here ... today anyway and the wind is nippy. Just took Mingus for a wee walk and am happy to be indoors again.
ReplyDeleteThat is the kind go walks I really enjoy. Great pictures and thanks for allowing me to join you on the walk.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa ...: )
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathryn...East Texas huh..
: )
Thanks Eileen...yes they sure do, and it is hard to see them in there : )
Thanks Terry...yes lots of animals, but not to really worry about! Fox, Coyote, Deer, Moose, Skunks, Raccoon Bear,and Bobcat!! I worry more about the two legged one..man!! : )
Thanks Bob.. : )
Thanks Debbie...LOL...
I hear ya!!; )
Thanks Elaine...There is still a nip in the air in spite of the warmer days!!
Thanks Ruth...glad you enjoyed nice to have you : )
Nice job with the birds on the wing.
ReplyDeleteyou sure got lucky on the walk Grace; I love the Phoebe!
ReplyDelete