In my last post I shared a couple of photos of the Osprey! I "of course" : ) had more so I am using them for the WBW post !
When I first saw the Osprey on my walk I was a bit surprised!! They used to be seen along the river,but I haven't seen any in recent years !!
There used to be so many Cormorants at the river,and I believe it got
fished so heavily that the Osprey's moved on!!
Full wingspan measuring 5-6 feet and body length 21-26 inches,he is a
spectacular sight!!
I didn't know, but read that they are sometimes referred to as the Fish Hawk!!
The next two are from last August at the ocean!!
Not my best shot for sure ; ), but the Osprey caught himself a fish, and was of so fast I
couldn't believe it!
This is a typical nest ...nothing to fancy, but it works!!
great photos Grace; I was surprised to see such long leg extension in the Osprey too; well done!
ReplyDeleteGreat in-flight photos of the ospreys. I see ospreys quite frequently but haven't managed any good photos recently.
ReplyDeleteYou were able to capture some really great shots of the osprey...I was able to get a shot of one carrying his fish off last week...They are beautiful and huge birds...
ReplyDeleteLovely post for the theme!
ReplyDeleteGlad you gave us more of your osprey shots Grace, they really are magnificent birds and missing out on these flight shots would have been a pity.
ReplyDeleteI was really miffed at blogger who uploaded two of your comments and ate the third!
Hi Grace, you got some impressive flying photos of this beautiful bird.
ReplyDeletejust so cool!
ReplyDeleteGrace, love your Osprey shots. It is neat to have a nest to watch during your walks!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot and what a treat for you! Hopefully you'll be seeing more of these guys.
ReplyDeleteThe Osprey is a beautiful bird. Those huge wings are impressive.
ReplyDeleteWe have osprey on our lake, or at least we did last year. Ice is still on, so we won't be out for a while. They are great fishers, and like you said quick!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos ! I am practicing my smaller birds in flight photography at the feeders in the yard as they flap and flit around ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteThe best place for us to find osprey is at Chincoteague NWR and I have never gotten any shots of them.
ReplyDeleteTerrific in-flight captures!
ReplyDeleteIt's a very handsome bird.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos of Osprey, this bird, I haven't seen yet but it exists here in Norway as well.
ReplyDeleteOttare
Back again to say hi and to thank you for stopping by. Always lovely to hear from you and by the way, I love your ramble. I'm a rambler myself as you can see by this ;) Have a great day Grace!
ReplyDeleteSuperb pictures Grace... i would love to get some nice shots of this bird that I've seen only once...
ReplyDeleteAs you may be able to tell by my avatar, the Osprey is one of my favorite birds!
ReplyDeleteHere in central Florida, we have baby ospreys all over the place right now with busy parents fishing full time to keep the fed.
Thank you for a very nice post!
Grace I have never seen one, locally.
ReplyDeleteWe just don't seem to get them inland.
Grace they are beautiful shots.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of the Osprey Grace, much better than my efforts of last week, when myself and Trevor went looking for some.
ReplyDeleteSeeing an Osprey, thats really special GG and with a fish as well. Your getting too good.{:))
ReplyDeleteWow..wonderful! The nest is pretty cool, too.
ReplyDelete