Sunday, April 7, 2013

~~~Bring Your Camera~~~


I know that you all are longing for Spring weather, and probably are not interested in seeing any snow  photos,  "But" I have these from early March that I didn't use, and since I haven't been feeling all that great for a week now that allergy season is upon us,so haven't taken many photo's to share !!
Itchy runny eyes,sneezing,and a headache while taken photos doesn't work so great!!
These where taken on a day my friend Barbara called, and wanted to know if I would like to take a ride with her to a shop called  "AWrinkle In Thyme Farm  http://www.awrinkleinthymefarm.com/ourfarm.html  in Sumner Maine!
They have a organic working farm, and are members of " MOFGA"   (    Maine Organic Farmers Gardeners Association)   http://www.mofga.org/  and the shop sells  100%  wool products from there own sheep, among other product ,and right now they are doing Maple syrup products!!
To Jean at  http://mollysfolksdownunder.blogspot.com  in southern Maine,who loves to knit  this is a place for you to check out!!

I tell you all this to say,that Barbara said "bring your camera"  : )  and I'll stop anyplace you would like to take photos!! ""Yes of course was my reply!! ; ) """
It is in the Western part of Maine  in Oxford County heading inland toward the mountains, about and hour maybe from Lewiston  Me.,so I thought you might like seeing some of Maine other then the coast!   The ride takes you through the lovely quaint towns of Turner, Buckfield,Sumner and Hartford with  hills and winding roads , many farms ,wide open fields, and a view of the mountains!!

I am not sure which these mountains are,but the one in the back I believe is Streaked Mt.!
They are all part of the White Mountain Range that stretches over into New Hampshire!
I stepped out of the car to take this photo, but didn't go for another!!
The wind was blowing snow across the fields so hard it covered my lens with melting snow specks!! 

After wiping the lens , I took this one on the opposite side of the road with the window open
It must be pretty wild here in a snow storm!! 

Sad  : (  looking barn along the way, but makes for fun photographing ...
through the window that is ; ) !!

A view of a side road we passed by that really gives an idea of the blowing drifting snow!!
It is to bad that the mountains where probably having snow squalls with this
 wind making them hard to get a good shot of them!!

A lovely set of building, shot through the windshield!!
It sets close to the road on a "verrrry sharp corner" 
with no place to pull over and stop !



"Hanging On"

One for Roy "Cows" ; ) or dairy cattle !!
I love the white farm building, quite typical of Maine's diary farms!!

Stopped at an intersection with not place to get out, I took this through windshield from a twisted position!!
A second story window that caught my eye...when I first looked at it I thought it had floral drapes in the window..until I realized it is a reflection from the trees across the street  : )))

More rolling mountains that just keep going on!!

I love barns, and I have included all the barns for my blog friends who
do the "Barn Charm" linking!! 



And of course what would it be without a horse with all these barns!!

This one is for Teresa  : ) I think he is well fed, you think??

This is one of the unoccupied barns of Nezinsot Farms  in Turner !!
This is also when my camera battery went dead!  : (
Nezinsot is still a working farm,but it has moved most of the operations on  farm land  further down the road from here!  It is another total organic farm,associated with MOFGA!!
I was there last fall without a camera : ( , when the pastures where green, and dairy cattle, 
Sheep, Llama,'s and Alpaca's!!  
There is a store where you can buy anything from a spinning wheel,to a 
vegan lunch in the cute eating area!   It is worth taking a look at here    https://nezinscotfarm.com/         !
Okay now I am sounding like the tourist bureau, and this is very long "ugh"!
Well the real kicker is, and my last words, is that neither of these places was open the day we went !
They have of season day!  The one Barb was looking for is weekend's only, and the other 3 days a week Monday was not one of those day..oh well maybe another ride in better weather, with a fresh 
battery!!

Sorry, but not on of the URL'S  I added will work when you click on them.
I have tried,but must being doing something wrong !!

19 comments:

  1. Lovely scenic images GG, yes your right we are looking towards Spring here as its about a month late.
    A super horse.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us along on the outing with your friend. It was nice to see the scenes along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roy...Glad you liked the horse,but I bet you didn't read any of the post : )) because I put the cows on just for you haha!!


    Thanks B....A part of the state you will have to visit some time..when, and if you move to N.H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The up side was that although the place was closed,you got wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry your camera died, but the barns and area were awesome! yes, that horse looks just a tiny bit 'big boned' and fluffy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good drive with lots of gorgeous barns! I always get an extra battery for all my cameras as it's amazing how fast that battery can go down when you're taking lots of photos. Of course, you also have to remember to keep them charged, and most of all to bring them along with you. But then I always have my little P&S camera along too. I know that if I go unprepared that is just when the best photo opportunities will present themselves.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace...Great images of the beautiful scenery from your travel brochure, er..sorry, I mean trip!

    What a shame the place was closed when you got there...made me chuckle! (only a little bit though!!)

    And something to write on the back of your hand, for next time...TAKE SPARE BATTERIES!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just adore these country views and beautiful barns!!

    alpaca's are my very most favorite!!

    LOVE teresa's special horse!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic images Grace and no, I don't ever get tired of snow pictures. Too bad about the batteries, that has happened to me and I know how frustrating that is, but you did get some great shots and we were lucky you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of 'snowy' pictures Grace.
    Looks like you had plenty there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Grace I think those scenic shots are just great - no kidding this time. It's good to put a person to a place and your pictures gave me a real good insight into your part of the world. Of course I know why you went to the wool shop. So when you get those knitting needles out just make that winter woolly jumper on the large size, and preferably with a warm hood for those cold, blowy UK birding days. I don't want any bright or multi colours either, a nice boring blue would be fine. If you start knitting it now it should be ready in time for next winter as my Christmas present. Your UK buddie - still at 6 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice series of snow photos. We may see some fresh snow here, we're under a blizzard warning tomorrow with snow and 60MPH winds expected!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Grace,
    It was a good idea to bring your camera! The landscapes were worth it and the barns too! I love barns; I wrote a post about barns in February 2012 called "Paysages ruraux" if you want to see it.
    The barns you photographed are huge! Love the mountains in the landscapes; I remember when I was a youg kid going through New Hamshire and Vermont states to get to Maine at my mother's aunt place. She was living in Waterville, Maine. I remember those big mountains, they were very impressive.
    Anyhow, this is a nice post and I loved it.
    Have a great week,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice of the driver to stop for you - I would not get very far at all if I kept doing that!!

    Good set of pictures.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos Grace and an entertaining read too. Sorry about the battery and the places being closed but it still sounded like a fun adventure. We still have a lot of snow around in places and none at all in others just a mile or two apart.

    I missed commenting on the previous post but loved seeing the eagle. What a magnificent bird! You got some lovely photos too, a great encounter Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photo hanging on, makes me feel that i want to pull some of it off.



    peter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful scenery and the barns all look so exotically different from anything in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing countryside, buildings and all that snow; loved this post

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you went back and posted these. I'm happy to look at snow as long as it isn't at my house :-) These are wonderful....I like the barns and houses and the scenery. What a wonderful area. Lovely horse....well fed indeed.

    ReplyDelete