First photos Jan. 1 2013....I have been trying to get caught up on things here, straighting out the photos files, reclaiming my living space from Christmas decoration,,and etc. before I when back to posting, but as we all know probably we would never get a post done in that case so, here I am a hour before having to be at the dentist, then to pick up my eye glasses that have been redone for the 5th time since my cataract surgery last April , .we won't go there ..a real gripe session in itself!! Let's just hope they are right this time grr!!
Here are the photos I took to begin the new year , and what better way then to see my favorite little Bluebirds !!
Here they are at Gracie's Mealy-worm Restaurant !!
It is shortly after sun up and the the place is full with even a waiting line! : )
Full to capacity!
The one on the right side is looking a little greedy !!
Sure enough he was and "shouting match ensues" !!
The crowd starts to thin out , taking a few last bites with them !!
Then the bully arrives and puts and end to it all....he doesn't like the worms
he just wants to be a European Grackle bully!!
The end of the first day of the New Year....
Those pictures are the perfect way to start a new year and day.
ReplyDeleteYou can be jealous of my Snow Buntings - those Bluebirds are just.... wow. =) I am jealous.
ReplyDeletethose bluebirds baked in a pie are too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, a great selection of images to start the new year...those Bluebirds look cute in the pie dish, trust that Starling to come along and spoil the party!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteLovely images of the Bluebirds GG. Very amusing.
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos ! I do hope they have finally got your glasses sorted out ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteomg grace these images are wonderful!! they are just too cute for words!!
ReplyDeletei was going to buy those worms once but i am too cheap ;))
dentist, eye glasses?? both on the same day, your brave!!
pretty sunset!!
I love these bluebirds Grace, they look so cute in this terra cotta plate!
ReplyDeleteThe sky photo is gorgeous!
Thanks for your message in my blog and also for your subscription.
Have a great evening,
Louise
Oh wow, Grace! I just love your bowl full of bluebirds. So cute. And your sunset is gorgeous. Wonderful photos.
ReplyDeleteYour bluebirds are so sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteTalk about four-n-twenty blackbird in a pie! Your bluebird do fill up a pie dish. They are just so cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots.
A great first post and photos for a new year, Grace. Hope the glasses work out this time and that the dentist visit was not painful, even to the wallet.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, a lovely bluebird pie! They look like they squabble like my redpolls. They really do not like to share.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Ruth : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Na-Na : )
Thanks Teresa : )
Thanks you Trevor...ya those darn Starlings : )
Thanks Roy...I am amusing aren't
I : )
Thanks Elaine : )
Thanks Debbie : )
Thanks Louise ..I am glad I got that straightened out!! : )
Thanks Eileen
Thanks Muffy : )
Thanks Arija.. : )
Thanks B..me too! : )
Thanks Elaine...Ya the Redpolls are scrappy aren't they : )
I love those birds, what are they? And, the European Starling, he really doesn't want to hurt anything.
ReplyDeleteawww they're so cute! Do the squirrles bother your mealy worms? BOY they do mine, I rarely get birds on 'em cause they squirrels cover it from the get go!
ReplyDeleteLove your flock! And isn't true about that bully!
ReplyDeleteI like them in the saucer- didn't know they stayed the winter- beautiful sunset.
ReplyDeleteHey, What are you doing with those Bluebirds, baking them in a pie dish like that? Shame on you Grammie G. I was looking at our forecast for next week and I need to borrow that large snow clearing shovel of yours Grace. The prediction is 7inches of snow - get real I told them Grammie g reguarly gets 7ft of snow and never ever complains, only when she gets a headache, but thats not heaps of snow falling from the porch but something quite different. Our secret GG. I just remembered, won't need the shovel after all thanks for where I'm going. Log on to ABB soon to find out.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful series of shots, both the adorable birds and the amazing sunset.
ReplyDeletelove, love, love the bluebirds! our starlings finally took a hike with the melting of all the snow. hope they stay away a bit as they are such bullies!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!!!! all the little bluebirds in the pie pan!!! that grackle sure does look like a bully!! aaaargh!!
ReplyDeletelove your header picture!! happy 2013!!
What a lovely way to start the new year with those beautiful birds visiting.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos of bluebirds! What a treat for the eyes indeed. Thank you for sharing such cheery photos.
ReplyDeleteAbout time you got a post up....and I thought I was slow :-) LOL We just took our Christmas tree down over the weekend. The house looks so dark now...I miss the lights and color. I love Gracie's Mealy-worm Restaurant! If I thought it would bring me a dish full of bluebirds, I would go out and buy some mealy worms. I had a friend who was raising her own worms for awhile. I'm not that dedicated. Interesting process, but...yuck! Bluebirds are really adorable. I must try harder to put up a home for some. I imagine that they are thrilled to death to find meal worms at this time of year at some kind lady's restaurant.
ReplyDeleteI love that sweet dish of Bluebirds you served up Grace, absolutely delightful!
ReplyDeleteI hope they finally managed to get your glasses sorted out and the teeth....any more spare parts needing replacing? ;-)
I wish you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Hey Grace. What a great way to start out the year in pictures. Bluebirds enjoying meal worms. Great stuff. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteOh! These first pictures of 2013 are splendid. i love the first ones with these nice blues in the feeder! Excellent. I still did not take any pictures this year :-(
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of interesting birds, also liked the photo of the sunset.
ReplyDeleteOttar