The past week was a real crappy one literally...the septic system and piping from the house to it had a major issue."out of commission "!! : ( Hope this isn't the beginning of a crappy year!! For you who live within city limits don't have these sort of problems to deal with personally being hooked to the city sewerage systems!! Hopefully everything is up and running, and I can try to get back to those things that got put on hold....."well they have been on hold for some time anyway" ; )
Another thing that made the week not so great was the flock of Bohemian Waxwings that landed in the neighbors maple tree right over the Crab Apple tree loaded with apples ...went for the camera!! I was hoping they would be busy eating, and I could sneak up on them...no luck when I came back I got a couple of distant shots and a flight one as they flew off and I haven't seen or heard them since , but I am hoping that they have remembered this spot for future reference!
So like my little Red Breasted Nuthatch feeder friend ( he even has let me touch him without flying off) ""I'm Hanging in there"",and sometimes I feel a little upside down too!!
A couple of proof sighting photos of the Bohemian Waxwings....
Another thing that made the week not so great was the flock of Bohemian Waxwings that landed in the neighbors maple tree right over the Crab Apple tree loaded with apples ...went for the camera!! I was hoping they would be busy eating, and I could sneak up on them...no luck when I came back I got a couple of distant shots and a flight one as they flew off and I haven't seen or heard them since , but I am hoping that they have remembered this spot for future reference!
So like my little Red Breasted Nuthatch feeder friend ( he even has let me touch him without flying off) ""I'm Hanging in there"",and sometimes I feel a little upside down too!!
Today's a much better day : )
A couple of proof sighting photos of the Bohemian Waxwings....
Well I know they are!! : )
ADORABLE nuthatch! so cute! sorry about the septic system. yup, hate when that's got issues! a simple thing like taking a shower or washing clothes, much less nature's call...
ReplyDeleteHang in there,it has to get better.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Cor! I bet that was a relief, all things flowing normally now I hope!!...lol.
ReplyDeleteGreat set of Nuthatch images, did you have the camera the right way up?!!
I'm sure those Waxwings will be back for the apples soon, just make sure you're ready!...[;o)
Things surely cannot get any worse. We hope !!
ReplyDeleteLovely birdie shots, i do like the waxwings
well, i for one, am very happy to see you today! you know some days are rocks, some are diamonds!!
ReplyDeletei love the nuthatch, they sure can make you smile!!
I just hope everything turned out all right.
ReplyDeleteGlad all systems are now go.
So sorry! We have been there, replacing the septic system. Hopefully it holds up for a long time! Congrats on the Bohemian Waxwings sighting, are they rare in your area? Love the cute Nuthatch, great shots.
ReplyDeleteLove the rb nuthatch! We just had to take down all our feeders due to an outbreak of house finch conjunctivitis. :( They will be down several weeks to allow the birds to disperse. Hope the little fellows do disperse so this doesn't keep spreading! Also hope the bohemian waxwings return for you!
ReplyDeleteOH I hate septic tank problems...its one of the PRICEs we pay for living in the rurals I reckon! Love the RB nuthatches we enjoy watching them here...and we've had some hungry Pine Siskins hanging around too!
ReplyDeleteGoofy little nuthatches. Hope the system is just a blip and doesn't cost you an arm and let!!!
ReplyDeleteGee, that stinks. Makes a city feller like myself think about what we take for granted. Great upside down Nuthatch pictures. Wonder how they would look if you flipped the photo over. Could anyone tell?
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! Aren't those little nuthatches just the cutest things? I got one to eat from my hand and was so excited! Too bad about the waxwings, but if you have a tree full of apples, surely they will come back. I keep waiting for the waxwings to come find my tree before the starlings or someone else eats the apples. I hear you about the septic...we are on septic, too and I had it back up in the basement once...gross! Hope that never happens again!
ReplyDeleteWell, after a 'crappy' start, and knowing you were waiting for Waxwings, I'm sure they flushed that wait away. lol
ReplyDeleteNo funny jokes from me GG. Hope everything is OK now. Those Nuthatch shorts are just great.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...ya the nature
ReplyDeletecall ; )
Thank you Ruth ..hope you are dug out up there : )
Trevor thank you... funny guy!! : )
Thanks Shaun...looking up!! : )
"Aw" Sweet Thank you Debbie ... I am a little stinker, I am always around ; )
Thanks Adrian...all systems are a go ; )
Thank you Patrycya...: )
Eileen thank you ...always something owning a home huh!! : )
Thanks J&S ..hope the finch eye outbreak is over soon : )
Thanks Sondra...ya you got that right..Oooooh Siskins : )
Thanks Muffy ...: )
Thanks John..hmm I bet they couldn't : )
Thanks Mary ...yuck at least I didn't have that happen...: )
Thanks Keith..LOL funny guy ; )
Thank you Roy...wow "no funny jokes from you" your slipping ; )
Ya everything seems fine thanks!!
The birds and you- bound to get better
ReplyDeleteI like the waxwings, too. I've always called them "Cedar," but maybe they're "Bohemian." I haven't seen any at our crabapple tree this year, but maybe they came and went before I even noticed.
ReplyDeleteMy grandfather always called nuthatches "assups." Your photos show very clearly why!
Keep your chin up, Grace.
Sorry about these crappy problems Grace, it sounds horrible! Love the photos of the sweet little Nuthatch and great to see all the Waxwings :-)
ReplyDeleteCute nuthatch! I'm constantly in fear that our septic tank will bite the dust someday. It is 50+ years old!
ReplyDeleteWhat are they doing, walking down, eating berries and just having fun.
ReplyDeleteSeptic issues ... definitely a crappy problem (you are too funny). I was so worried about my system failing in winter the year after D died I had my system cleaned out in the fall. The man told me my system was in good shape and that I could have gone a couple more years. Still, peace of mind!!!! Trying to find the tank through snow and frozen ground ... unh uh.
ReplyDeleteCUTE nuthatch shots!! what a lot of waxwings!! wow!!
ReplyDeletei know what u mean about the septic problems...we live outside the city & are on both septic & well. it can be a real pain...especially when the electric goes out!!