Thursday, January 24, 2013

~~~"Can You See Me"~~~

I go about inconspicuously in disguise on the largest tree I can find...."I'm the Brown Tree Creeper"!!!

Can you see me???
I start at the bottom, and work my way up the tree in a 
spiral pattern  ...
I'm the"Brown Tree Creeper"

Can you see me??
I move in short jerky movements, searching for insects , which isn't easy 
residing in Maine in winter...
I'm the "Brown Tree Creeper"!

Can you see me now??
I use my stiff tale for support as I move up the tree
I occasionally pass a Nuthatch making his way down the tree!!
I'm the "Brown Tree Creeper" !

A little side view...Can you see me now??
You better have a good quick eye or you just won't see me!!
I'm the "Brown Tree Creeper"!!



I saw this little guy on the 5th of this month, although  they are a year round resident 
I can say I have not seen a whole lot of them!
I hear them, but by the time I have figured out where he is he has moved !
He is the "Brown Tree Creeper" !!   :  )


29 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, brilliant post (and prose!) Always a busy bird is the Tree Creeper, you did well to 'capture' him...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, its a wonder that that tree doesnt topple over with that my holes in it.
    Great series of photos though
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post, Grace! I found the Brown Creeper. It helps to know what they look like when trying to find them. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well to photograph him GG. They are always so difficult to focus on anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is unbelievable, the Treecreeper is seldom seen, good to see Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bird is the master of camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! He is hard to find. A good job of camouflaging himself!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post and photos you really had me looking lol ! Thanks for sharing. Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute post. we have them here and i haven't seen one yet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Trevor.. appreciated that compliment : )

    Thank your Shaun...those holes are from the Yellow bellied Sapsucker..those are his sap
    buckets ; )

    Thanks Eileen...Yes knowing what your look for does help : )

    Thank you Fabio...and for stopping by!! : )

    Thank you so much Roy... Maybe he was moving slower because he was
    cold ; ) gave me a better chance!!

    Thanks Bob..I guess I just got lucky ..right place; right time : )

    Thank you Ruth..that he is : )

    Thank you Teresa.. : )

    Thanks Muffy..master of
    disguise : )

    Thanks Elaine :Glad you enjoyed : )


    Thank you Terry..Hope you get to see one..thanks for coming by : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful!! Only time I've ever seen one was in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IVE never been successful at getting a photo of one! YOU DONE GOOD GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never seen or heard of this little fellow, Grace. Thanks for the photos and puzzle too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant post.
    Tree Creepers are the very devil to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good eye Grace - new to me but I can see how one could miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well spotted Grace! Looks like 'our' Treecreeper, a bird that is hard to spot! Some people here liken them to mice, the way they scramble about! Personally, I can't see that myself! ;)
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  17. i can see him now!!

    cool art on that tree now!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great detail and catching the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grace, take a look at this http://popey.piwigo.com/index?/category/49-treecreeper
    I spent 12 months trying to get good images of these critters.
    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice, you have an excellent eye to see and capture the brown tree creeper.

    And yes, we have lots of wildlife where I hike. I've seen snakes (rattlesnakes are not uncommon here), mama bear with her two cubs 30 feet away, and even a mountain lion when hiking in my local area. One time when one of my kids was walking in from the school bus a bear ran across our yard!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of my favorite birds. Thanks for capturing her/him so well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes, cute post. Amazing that you were able to zoom in on that Brown Tree Creeper at all, so well hidden is Brownie. Good catches.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, that sweet little bird is really well camouflaged. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant post Grace! Not easy to see that one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these little birds! They are so super cool. We just saw one the other day on our hike in Ohio. Love your redpoll banner too! Hope you are staying warm. We are in the 50s and 60s for a few days and then back to real winter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is that shot in your back yard Grace? That creeper looks mighty small and the tree mightily old and large, or did you visit that place where all the tres reach the sky and 50 people joing hands to circle one? We have creepers here too - some folk call them politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love these, but seldom see one and never get this good of photos. They blend in so well. My camera seems to say "what bird?"

    ReplyDelete