I am so glad to have a breather, before something else happened!! : }
Now it's tackle the out door chores before it gets to cold to want to do them! We have had decent weather so far ,but right at the moment it is raining very hard ...I really need to pay more attention to the weather reports, because I didn't realize it was going to rain.. "darn" all those things I was going to get done
outside ; } !! Oh well!
I have many fall leaf photos, but I don't want to deluge you with to many at a time so I am going to use some from last month ...these are from a walk I took or probably I should say roaming about on Sept 22 of this year!! Hope you enjoy!!
Wild Asters & Monarch Butterfly
Fritlliary Butterfly
Northern Flicker!!
Chipping Sparrow sunning in the late afternoon sun!!
Beautiful photos - I love the flowers and butterfly together.
ReplyDeleteOh my! Each of these are beautiful,but I really like the first two with the Monarch Butterfly.Hope the rest of your week goes well.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are sorted for the winter.
ReplyDeleteThe fungi are in perfect condition.
It's always difficult to identify them and even harder from photographs.
I don't know how much American and European one differ but it looks as if you have here (1) Common Brownie or one of the Milk Caps.
(2) Giant Puff Ball.
3) Fly Agaric.
Lets see the autumn colours soon.
i just love those purple asters! so pretty! and the monarch is the perfect icing on that cake!
ReplyDeleteWoooow, das sind ganz fantastische Fotografien. WUNDERSCHÖN!!!!
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
It's good news re: door. The pictures are brilliantly taken, especially with the Monarch butterfly.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning, Grace! So happy to hear the door saga is over. You should take a well deserved break. I love your asters and the butterflies. And I love your cute birds, especially the flicker. Gorgeous photos. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteLovely images of the Monarch on the Asters GG, difficult to choose which is the best one.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images. The butterfly on the flowers is just spectacular!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos Grace. My favourites are the Monarchs, I wonder how it is that butterflies always manage to land on flowers which compliment their colours so beautifully :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, you are truly a gifted photographer, and thank you for sharing your talent.
ReplyDeleteThanks Al..I love the combination to!!: }
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruth...the Monarch makes a good subject so brightly colored they are!! : }
Thanks Adrian for your ID's on the Mushroom...I'll look them up, but I do like the idea of brownie and milk combo ; }
Thanks Teresa...One of my fall favorites the Aster, and as you say icing on the cake!! : }
Thank you so much Han-Peter.. : }
Thank you Bob..appreciate that coming from you !: }
Eileen thank you so much..yes finally..the Flicker is fun to watch, but no always easy to get close to!! : }
Thanks Roy...very kind of you to say!! The Monarch is so bright colored, it is hard to go wrong with it as a subject!! : }
Thanks Lois ..Aww..very kind!: }
Jan thank you so much..yes I agree especially with the Aster & the Monarch..such stand out colors!!: }
Oooh.. Muffy thank you sooo much, you are to kind! : }
Hey Gracie, really nice pictures of those Monarchs - have you been practicing your photography and trying to upstage your old pal? Pleased to hear those cowboys fixed your door at last after I phoned them. You're all fixed up now though just in time for the first snowfall anyday now. And don't get tempted to try any of those fungi with your breakfast fry ups by the way, or you might find yourself doing some very odd things like walking out in the garden without shoes on and then you'll have the neighbours talikng about you again. Just stick to taking pretty pictures of the toadstools and puffballs, it's much safer. Talk to you soon my old mucker.
ReplyDeleteyay!! good news about the door!
ReplyDeletei LOVE all your pictures...especially the Asters & the Monarch!! wow!! beautiful colors!!
and of course...mushrooms...i always like looking at them...
nice shot of the flicker too!!!
Wonderful post...so colorful with the fungi and flowers and butterfly and birds. Glad your door problems are a thing of the past....would you like to come fix ours now?? LOL We have a problem with the bottom of the frame outside rotting and have to replace that.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, Glad to hear that your door is fixed at last. You're all set for the Winter now then?..lol.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images in this and your previous post. Super pictures of the Monarch. And the 'ray of sunshine' picture in your previous post is a real cracker...well spotted and captured...[;o)
It's such a fun time of year! I love the crunchy leaves and it helps me balance the sadness that always comes with the end to the warm gardening season. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteMonarch and Aster pictures are beautiful Grace.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your door sorted now.
the mushroom looks like a loaf lying on the grass...great pictures...
ReplyDelete