"Well" ..I assume that you have figured out by now that there is still blood flowing or maybe I should say "boiling through my veins", even though I have not posted for a bit! What I'd like to do is just hibernate for the winter : }...but I am ready for this summer's redo's to be over with, and maybe the winter won't be so bad after all!!
It has been raining since Tuesday night, but at least the temp's have been in the low sixties!! It seems it rains every Autumn when the leaves are so colorful , but at least they brighten an otherwise dull day!!
I took a quick walk around the yard to get a few shot's while it was slightly misting, ...bare feet so you don't get you shoes wet...yes Phil I know I could have worn my Wellies : }
This is in my front yard.... this large old Maple tree is one of the first to turns colors,
and drop its leaves!!
Another bright spot on a dull or rainy day is that Morning Glories
will stay bloomed most of the day!
Staying dry in there?? : }
This one got caught up before landing on the ground!!
This reminds me of a dripping water faucet into the basin made of a leaf!!
When I saw this leaf the song "Stuck On You" by Lionel Richie
(who's music I don't personally care for) came into my head...
"Please" tell me these things happen to you to ....
Flying Saucer Morning Glory!
All decked out in raindrop jewels!!
I have not had a frost in my area as yet...close 39 degrees,!!
A few days ago we had a day that reached 84 degrees
so the plants are still happy !!
Anytime now though it will be all over !!
If you look hard enough, you can find a ray of sunshine in any day!!
Well I took a break before finishing this, and I will give you three guesses, and the
first two don't count .....If you said the carpenter didn't show up ...you guessed right!! : }
Did he call me to let me know he wasn't going to be here "OF COURSE NOT"!!
"No manners at all today" !!
DONE : }
4.jpg)
beautiful pics, as always. funny thing, just up the street here, we've had two light frosts.
ReplyDeletei am sorry for your continued frustrations! not fair or professional!
ReplyDeletebut i loved each and every one of these photos. the first one was stunning, but all of them were amazing!
Good luck.
ReplyDeleteYour frustration is our gain this is a great set of images.
When it snows you won't notice the white bits.
Wow, wunderschöne Herbstimpressionen!
ReplyDeleteGrüsse aus der Schweit
Hans-Peter
Wonderful colourful post GG.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images.
I guess the Carpenter has already been paid. I wouldn't have paid him until the job got down. He wouldn't last 5 minutes in business in England carrying on like that.
grrrrrrrrr, repair men!! Your photos are absolutely stunning!!
ReplyDeleteThat's a bummer. These gorgeous pictures should make up for part of that. Wow,these are all so pretty.
ReplyDeletewow...gorgeous maple tree!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand i LOVE the leaf caught in the pine bark!!!
really, i love ALL your pictures of the flowers with rain drops!!
too bad about that carpenter not showing up, or calling...VERY unprofessional...he better have a REALLY GOOD excuse, huh?!!
Beautiful photos! You can find a little sunshine in each day! Like you I am waiting for the window contractor to show up --- 2 hrs late so far.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful, beautiful images. The carpenter? Well, I guess we're lucky. Our guy shows up when he says he will, but he does keep his timing pretty loose. I'm sorry I can't send him over to help you with your job.
ReplyDeleteGrace, simply stunning view in your front lawn. All of our trees are still green with only a stray red or yellow. so we are heading to the VA Blue Ridge area to get some colors.
ReplyDeleteEven I have to admit but you got some lovely photos there Grace, especially that old Maple tree - I'll bet you grew up together. Not so sure about walking about with no shoes on though at your age, it can only end in sore feet like I have at the moment. I think it might be gout - now that is an old folks complaint and maybe I should cut down on the red wine? Sorry to hear your still having problems with your workmen and you're right - there's just no manners and no respect these days. I think it's called progress! Keep pluggin away my friend and don't let the riffraff get you down. If I was a bit nearer I'd come and fix that door for you myself for a coffee and a cake.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you enjoying the fall colors and the beauty that God paints for us...beautiful. Hope your doing well and I've missed seeing you very much. Take care, Grace and know that you are close in my thoughts!!
ReplyDeleteWoW, i can really feel your pain!!
ReplyDeletefocus on these beautiful images, all the pretty things that surround you....
then tomorrow, get on the phone and raise hell. what does he think you are, chopped liver!!
Thanks Jean..ya some others have told me they had a frost to!!: }
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...the color is amazing!!: }
Thanks Adrian...that is a good thought lol!!
Thanks Hans-Peter : }
Thanks Roy..I need a man around the house to deal with these guys!! : }
Thank you Muffy : }
Thanks Ruth : }
Thanks Laura...: }
Thanks Kathyrn..hope you guy showed up! : }
Thanks Lois, and for the offer to bad not closer : }
Thank you B..have a good time!!
Thanks Phil..ouch sorry about your feet, you could be right ! : }
Thanks Tracey..thanks for the thoughts to : }!
Thanks Debbie...Your a peach : }}
What really beautiful, artistic photos Grace!! I love all the ones with raindrops and the last one with the sunlight is very special. That Maple is just gorgeous. I can't imagine having a front garden big enough for a tree that size...or a back one come to that :-) Youd have to be a millionaire over here to own land like that!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are having so much trouble with workmen. I hate having my 'space' invaded and have to gear myself up when there is a job that needs doing so when they don't turn up as promised it is so unsettling as well as a huge waste of time of course. Then, as in your case, you've still got it all to think about the next time they are due. I do hope that by now he has been and and done a good job...and given you a discount for all the inconvenience!
Well I guess that's the problem of our society now, really hard to get somebody to do simple work for us... The services are becoming very bad!
ReplyDeleteYou got beautiful shots today, I love your flowers!
Im sure I'll be singing that same song soon, we are going to have our sagging floors repaired IM sure its gonna be a tramatic thing...YOUR photos brought a great ray of sunshine to my blogging experience tonight!! HOPE he shows tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful series of shots, you have a lovely yard. That carpenter needs to be fired - if it was me he'd get several earfuls because I would need to take time off work.
ReplyDeleteVery nice pictures- I get the blues in winter and being active helps me.
ReplyDeleteWow! Grace it looks like autumn has really arrived with your Maple... beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteYour handymen are just the same as ours promises,promises,promises and often broken... I have just tried a bit of wood spoiling myself but only to feed the birds..
Take care Drew xx
What incredible color you still have.
ReplyDeleteWow, your Autumn images are gorgeous. I love the first shot of your maple tree, beautiful colors. Sorry to hear about the carpenter problems, it does seem to be un-professional. I hope by now everything has been fixed and your are happy. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to have to thank your carpenter for giving you the time to give us these beautiful photos. They are are all so very colorful. Love the macro close-ups. Heck... They are all terrific.
ReplyDeleteGreat captures ... and I love your turkies too. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteWonderful flower shots with the water on them! Great photography!
ReplyDelete