A week of "can't make up it's mind weather", including a earthquake, which as you might imagine sort of was a shaking experience to say the least "yikes"! A 4.0 earthquake the largest one in southern Maine since 1904, but felt in parts of areas in Mass. NH. and as far away a Schenectady NY and Canada...at the same time though a few towns over from me people didn't feel a thing! I know at lot of people don't like Facebook , but I was some glad to have it, because you couldn't call anyone on the phone, so by going on Facebook and communicate with friends and family,and I could find out how things where with them !! It seems that there was so many people trying to make calls that everything was jammed up..Very SCARY!! May not sound like a big thing to some of you, but when it sounds like the rumbling of at least like 4 Freight Train coming and passing under your house ...believe me it was enough to scare me half out of my wits ! I can not imagine how horrible it must be for those that are in hard hit earthquake areas!!
"Bottoms Up"..
A good thing about this week was days with sun and temps in the mid sixties...until last night when the wind picked up and it rained buckets!! One inch was predicted and there was at least that and more!
So I've sorted through some of the odds and ends of photos I have from this month ,
"Dear me how do we take so many photos".!!!
and "Bottoms Up"
I took advantage of those nice days, got of my duff , kept my focus on what had to be done,and not through the camera lens, worked outside cleaning up the gardens, and putting things away
for the winter months, still have more to do !!
Tomorrow is supposed to turn out nice and temps. at 70...sooo hopefully I can stay on task
and stay away from the camera ! I always see something to shot and I'm off , totally distracted !!
"You know what I talking about" ; }!
What is it Adrian : }!??
Reflecting , and connecting with another passing season !!
American Tree Sparrow
If it could talk ..what tales would it tell?
Goldfinch ..starting to change into his winter coat!!
Adrian??? : }
Who, and how many looked through this window ??
Fox Sparrow
Same subject reflection , but from different angle!
I find it fascinating!!
Love a nice sunset!!
Well hopeful I will get things straightened out around here, photos sorted, and
this teasing warmer weather ...I'm sure will get it's self sorted out into permanently colder
weather..... not to my liking!!
the earthquake would definitely scare me! glad you got a good bit of rain. we could use more here for the pond. :)
ReplyDeletei love all your photos. the goldfinches are putting on their travel khakis to come and see me. and those 2 reflection shots are primo!!! wow!
Wow what a foxy little sparrow wish we had those little feathered guys over here. Like the tree reflection, could just imagine Arnold Swartzenegger smothered in mud amongst those tree roots. Guess the film;-)?
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos ! I hear you about the distraction with a camera but a distraction I love ! I can imagine how scary the earth quake must of been . The weather here has been the same we got pounded by rain last night and high winds , still much the same today all though they say tomorrow should be nice and sunny and temps are to be comfy so Papa and I are planning to get the leaves raked up and finish up our yard clean up ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteOooh, an earthquake, don't send it to me. And, the winner down there, is the photo, the last one, "a nice sunset", brilliant.
ReplyDeleteHere in California 4.0 barely makes the evening news. Just goes to show how people adapt depending on where they live.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, the earthquake is nerve racking. There was one in the Mid-Atlantic this time last year. My building at work felt like it was swaying. I love all your cute birdies and the pretty reflections. Lovely photos and Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, the earthquake is nerve racking. There was one in the Mid-Atlantic this time last year. My building at work felt like it was swaying. I love all your cute birdies and the pretty reflections. Lovely photos and Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteGlad the earthquake didn't shake you apart! Wonderful photos! I like the reflections and the fungi and the birds and those berries look so good!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the reflections but can't help with the fungi. The first one looks like one of the funnel caps. Smell and taste help in identification as do the gills.
ReplyDeleteI often pick them and then look them up on the internet. It does no harm as 90% of them is underground.
Shaken but not stirred, a Grace?
ReplyDeleteWas our weather always as changeable and unpredictable as it is now, or are we just getting older and grumpier and just like to complain about it more?...lol.
Great set of images, especially the reflections...[;o)
Beautiful pictures. I love those perfect reflections.
ReplyDeletegorgeous images grace!!
ReplyDeletei like bottoms up, made me smile!!
we had an earthquake last year, very scarey!!
Thanks Teresa.. reflection shots I love to take ! : }
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb's..I am not a movie buff so I can't guess the film ? : }
Thanks Elaine...
Thank you Bob : }
Thanks John..ya for you it was just a bump in the road , for me it wasn't LOL!!
Thanks Eileen.. : }
Thanks so much Mary...: }
Thanks Adrian...Okay on the fungi ..probably won't look that up : }}
Thanks Trevor..older and grumpier is probably it : }}
Thanks so much Ruth..: }
Thanks Debbie..bottoms up to you!
: }
Hey....we are not famous, we have a tripod and we are not afraid to use it ;)))))
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the Quake was south too cause I felt something yesterday for one split second!
ReplyDeleteI love those reflection photos...really stunning.
Thought I was reading from my own blog then - a reflective mood and then all that grumbling about a spot of changeable weather and an earthquake to boot! Wow Grace you really know how to generate some freaky days. Are you sure it wasn't your chopping and sawing all those trees all day long that made the earth move below you? I must go now GG I have some washing up of pots to do before the shopping - it's all go over here you know. If I have time I'll pop round and help with some of your chores later today, just so you know I haven't fallen out with you for not sending comments lately.
ReplyDeleteScary Grace, I remember when we had ours a while ago in northern Virginia. I couldn't quite believe it when the house started to shake. I'm not a big fan of Facebook but have to admit that I was glad I had it when our phones went down and am thinking about reopening my account. Lovely photos!
ReplyDelete(hi! yes, i did email back and forth with her last night. they are fine - their town is a mess; no power. were running a generator but running low on gas w/ not many options for fuel in the area. had 3 relatives staying with them in their house so she is swamped with trying to keep up. but so glad she's okay!)
ReplyDelete