I thought of that this morning when I woke to the sound of water splashing ! Thinking it might have been a broken pipe in the basement I jump out of bed to see it raining a pour, and the noise was water running of the roof into the rain barrel : } What "I heard nothing about rain for overnight" ( Those weather____?) So I was thinking.. that in conversation I say the weatherman , but it's not correct because we now have women reporters .Aww the "weatherwomen".. hmmm.. even my spell check doesn't recognize that as a word .. prejudices perhaps!! Okay meteorologists ..that sounds rather important for someone who went to college after all , but does he or she get it correct after all that education?? My Grandfather told the weather by how his knee pain was, and if there was a shrouding of fog on the mountain. He'd say."Fog on the hill, rain in the mill", and he was usually right,and all we called him was "Grampie"!
Tonight's forecast is for the coldest night so far this fall...clear and 29 degrees !! Eureka.. I got it.. the weatherforecaster ! Now spell check says it's wrong.. two words...Does that prove it's only men that are supposed be the only ones to do the weather report lol! ..."no hate comments or anything please.. ; }.. I am going in circles here as usual so don't pay me no mind : }}}}}
Well today I am bringing on the fall colors ..so I hope you have your sunglasses on, because that's whats on today's menu!! This is for you Adrian : }!!
Wow, a beautiful and colorful post. The leaves and reflections and the sky are all just beautiful. And I love the woodie, it is a very pretty shot with the bokeh background. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWoW, autumn has really found you, the reflections are spectacular!
ReplyDeletenow as for those weather people, can you imagine having a job like that, and getting paid to be wrong, every, single, time!!
nice job!!
these photos are absolutely scrumptious! i am eating them up with a spoon over here! i SO miss the northern autumn!
ReplyDeleteas for weatherpersons, we call 'em meteorologists. they're like pro basketball players who still miss a free throw. :)
I know what I call wheather people.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots.....I always admire the colour you get in fall. Great shot of the woodpecker.
A great series of fall colours photos.
ReplyDeleteYou don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. - Bob Dylan
Saved the best till last Gracie...Is it corn?
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteNow, if you want to be strictly PC I guess the weather boys and gals should be called Weather Examination and Translation Operatives...or WETO's for short!!
That's a beautiful set of Autumn...o' okay then, Fall colours you've captured there.
Have a good weekend...[;o)
Absolut groessartige Herbstimpressionen! Feinste Foto-Poesie...
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Beautiful as always... all our leaves are just about gone, so these pictures are really beautiful. Missed you last night and I pray you are doing well.
ReplyDeletePrayers and hugs to you my friend.. take care, Love ya, Tracey
Beautiful colours GG, the reflection images are marvellous and that last shot is just brilliant.
ReplyDeleteLove your fall photos. Thanks for sharing. Our color is all gone. Last night our low was 18. Getting a bit nippy here!
ReplyDeleteWonderful images Grace... and as I always say a forecast is just a posh word for guess.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of the weekend.
Gorgeous Fall images! Wow!
ReplyDeleteCall these people whatever you want,these pictures are gorgeous.Most of the time the best forecast is to look out the window and judge for yourself.
ReplyDeleteFantastic images of my favourite season of the year Grace! My favourite is the first one, obviously, because it has a bird in it! ;)
ReplyDeleteJ
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
Those fall colors are spectacular! Last night was a cold one, definitely. I guess it could hit 70 degrees on Monday; probably a last gasp before winter roars in.
ReplyDeleteWe called our weatherperson, that's alright isn't it? The photos are beautiful, especially the last one, superb.
ReplyDeletethank you gammie, for your very sweet comment!!
ReplyDeletei hope you have a great weekend!!
an awesome fall pallette to enjoy there Grace! It will be a while for us yet, our overnights are in the low 40's so it wont be long. Awesome reflection shot and your WP is a cutey!!
ReplyDeleteI always call them the weather people. Your photos are so cheery on a rainy day. I love them!
ReplyDeletethose tv 'weather people' are more wrong than right around here!
ReplyDeleteLOVE all the autumn colors!! especially the reflection shots!! beautiful!!
All those lovely red. orange and yellowy colours it must be summer down your way Grace. That bird without a label or a name, is that a weather person or a Downy? Over here they always appear with a chritian name so you can get to know them in person, like you know them really well. Then when they screw up(as they occasionally do!) I just insert a swear word so they get to know me just that bit better. Just kidding of course but good to know your weather experts are just as fallible as ours are. Are you visiting me tonight Grace? Don't come barefoot, the neighbours will talk.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, sure could use some colors here, other then GREEN cause that's about all we have now, except for some stray yellows and browns, maybe in a few weeks I can also share some color. Meanwhile, thanks for sharing yours and I didn't even need sunglasses.
ReplyDeleteGrace, I love this post! Thanks for this view of Maine since I am far away in AZ now!
ReplyDelete